1895 Nagant Revolver & .32 S&W Long

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
I just found the following quote on:http://www.sff.net/people/sanders/nagant.html

The Nagant will cheerfully digest ordinary American .32 S&W Long cartridges, or the considerably more powerful .32 Magnum. This last puts the old pistol back in the running as a serious weapon; there are commercial hollow-point loads for the .32 Mag that are not too far behind the standard .38 Special in effectiveness. For some reason not many people seem to know that the Nagant will take these commonly-available .32 loads; if word could be gotten out I think this would become a much more popular firearm.

Any of you Mil-Surp experts know for sure that you can just feed this puppy the .32 S&W Long (or .32 Mag) ammo without a replacement cylinder?

Yes

The only problem I ever had was a bulged case every now and then.
Also, if you want to double check me (which is always recommended)
there are a lot of threads on www.gunboards.com

It was a fun gun, I just carried away when I got my C & R and wound up with 30 different and obscure/expensive calibres so I sold most of them[grin]

xxxxx is now selling the Nagant ammo at around $23 a box. I bought 2 boxes but havent had time to test it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
xxxxxx is now selling the Nagant ammo at around $23 a box. I bought 2 boxes but havent had time to test it yet.

Holy crap! At that price, they'll be safe queens or learn to shoot something else.

BTW: Please no companies in posts due to MA "sting" operations. Said company has my C&R FFL.

I haven't been able to find .32S&W long anywhere. (Then again I'm out in Fuddland.)

I had a lot of the 7.62 Nagant rounds but if it's going for $23.00 a box, I'll stick with .32acp out of the conversion cylinder.

Try and find some of the Aguila .32 S&W long. I paid $5.95 a box about a year ago for it, so even if it's gone up it will still be less than anything else out there. I've put several hundred rounds of it through my Nagant, all without issue. The conversion cylinder is for using .32 ACP, but why bother with a new cylinder when you can shoot cheap ammo through it as is?

Back
Top Bottom