• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1889 Bodeo Officers Revolver

The Goose

NES Member
I just acquired this 1889 Bodeo 10.4mm officers revolver made by Glisenti. It is my understanding that this model with a trigger guard was issued to officers and the enlisted model had a folding trigger. Also I believe that they were built by several different companies. This revolver is built like a tank, reminds me of the French 1873 Ordnance revolver (which it essentially is re: Chamelot Delvigne). It is in very good shape with a great bore, tight lock up and perfect functioning. One cool thing is the little lever on the frame that I thought was a safety of some sort is actually a screw that readily comes out and the side plate can be removed.

Knowing that it was on the way I began reworking some .44 special brass and have a mold on the way.

Iam not really sure,but I think that's the type of revolver Brendan fraser used in the movie,the Mummy.

Nice. I've always been interested in a similar Reichsrevolver, but haven't gotten around to one as my Mausers come first. A bunch were available at the recent Amoskeag at an average of $1250.

T

Last edited:
Yeah, I have been very interested in the Reichsrevolver also, but they have really gotten pricey. I picked up the Bodeo for $350 which was a very good price, IMHO. As much as I would like a Reichsrevolver I am also into Webley's and would probably spend that kind of money in that direction first.

Nice. I've always been interested in a similar Reichsrevolver, but haven't gotten around to one as my Mausers come first. A bunch were available at the recent Amoskeag at an average of $1250.

T

Just a note that the "Handloader's Manual of Cartridge Conversions" Book by John Donnelly references shortening .44 special brass to .89" and also reducing the rim diameter to make 10.4mm brass. However, lots of folk have said that the brass only needs to be shortened. I checked it out and .44 special brass trimmed to .89 fits absolutely perfectly without reducing the rim diameter. Also a .303 British sizing die provides the perfect taper to the case for sizing and also serves as a taper crimp die after seating the bullet. Belling and seating can be done with regular .44 special/.44 mag. dies. Range reports will be forthcoming once I get it together.

Very cool revolver. Even cooler that you are going to make some loads for it.

Back
Top Bottom