Responses from MA Representatives and Senators

Get Wayne Matewsky (D- Everett) on the list too. He was sworn in the same day as Leah. I have my reservations about where he might stand but let's get it on here from one of his constituents.

Leah Cole and Wayne Mateswky added to the list: http://go4.im/MAlegis

Do you guys know if they replaced anyone (or if anyone should no longer be on the list)?
According to "Find a Legislator" on the mass.gov site...

Matewsky - 28th Middlesex
Cole - 12th Essex

Neither of these districts are represented on the table already, so I assume there's nobody you need to remove from the list in order to add them.

Here is what James McGovern emailed to me "September 13, 2013

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on gun safety legislation. This is an issue that continues to gain national attention in light of recent devastating tragedies and will continue to provoke strong sentiments on all sides of the issue.

I believe that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects a citizen's right to own a firearm. However, I also believe very strongly that the founding fathers purposely left the Amendment ambiguous to ensure that elected officials maintained the power to interpret its meaning based on the ever-changing framework of American society. States have the right and responsibility to enact and enforce sensible gun control laws, and I'm proud that Massachusetts is a leader in gun violence prevention.

We must do our best to ensure that current laws are vigorously enforced, and I believe we should also continue working to strengthen laws to prevent gun violence. Additionally, we must work to increase access to and strengthen mental health care. The goal is not to prevent law-abiding citizens from possessing firearms, but to make sure guns do not fall into the wrong hands.

I appreciate hearing your thoughts on gun related laws and legislation. Please don't hesitate to contact me in the future regarding these or any other issues."

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on gun safety legislation. This is an issue that continues to gain national attention in light of recent devastating tragedies and will continue to provoke strong sentiments on all sides of the issue.

I believe that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects a citizen's right to own a firearm. However, I also believe very strongly that the founding fathers purposely left the Amendment ambiguous to ensure that elected officials maintained the power to interpret its meaning based on the ever-changing framework of American society. States have the right and responsibility to enact and enforce sensible gun control laws, and I'm proud that Massachusetts is a leader in gun violence prevention.

We must do our best to ensure that current laws are vigorously enforced, and I believe we should also continue working to strengthen laws to prevent gun violence. Additionally, we must work to increase access to and strengthen mental health care. The goal is not to prevent law-abiding citizens from possessing firearms, but to make sure guns do not fall into the wrong hands.

I appreciate hearing your thoughts on gun related laws and legislation. Please don't hesitate to contact me in the future regarding these or any other issues."

???????? WTF, over? Jesus tap dancing christ.

Here is a recent response from Sn. Ross post hearing on 9/13/2013 (received today):

[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr. xcom,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding your opposition to the proposed updates to gun control laws. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and concerns with me.

Massachusetts already has among the strictest gun control laws in the United States. Among these are laws regulating licensing and possession, as well as highly restrictive bans on assault weapons, large capacity weapons and large capacity feeding devices. As it stands, the Commonwealth already bans the types of weapons and feeding devices that have been used in some of our country’s recent tragedies.

It is of the utmost importance to me that while preserving the safety of our communities, we also protect the rights granted to us as law-abiding citizens by our state and federal Constitutions. While I am unable to vote on federal legislation, I assure you that I will keep your rights and concerns in mind as I address all proposed legislation related to gun control in Massachusetts.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Richard J. Ross
State Senator[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Here is a recent response from Sn. Ross post hearing on 9/13/2013 (received today):

[FONT="]Dear Mr. xcom,[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT="]

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding your opposition to the proposed updates to gun control laws. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and concerns with me.

Massachusetts already has among the strictest gun control laws in the United States. Among these are laws regulating licensing and possession, as well as highly restrictive bans on assault weapons, large capacity weapons and large capacity feeding devices. As it stands, the Commonwealth already bans the types of weapons and feeding devices that have been used in some of our country’s recent tragedies.

It is of the utmost importance to me that while preserving the safety of our communities, we also protect the rights granted to us as law-abiding citizens by our state and federal Constitutions. While I am unable to vote on federal legislation, I assure you that I will keep your rights and concerns in mind as I address all proposed legislation related to gun control in Massachusetts.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Richard J. Ross
State Senator[/FONT]
[FONT="][/FONT]

Ross is my Senator too, I met with him after the April 3 rally, and he is a good egg. He is another friend that we have on the committee. He has an LTC and so does his Chief of Staff. His Chief of Staff took me into the Senate chamber and snapped the picture in my Avatar. Unfortunately, she also pointed out the three seats occupied by the republican senators and that is some mighty small real estate.

I understand that I am preaching to the choir, but according to Senator Ross from the above post:

"It is of the utmost importance to me that while preserving the safety of our communities, we also protect the rights granted to us as law-abiding citizens by our state and federal Constitutions."

Herein lies the problem with the MA legislators that think this way:

The state and federal constitutions do not GRANT anyone anything. Our RIGHTS are God-given, natural, and inalienable rights! Many of these people (including members of the Congress) that represent us simply have no concept of what it means to protect, respect, and not infringe upon our rights. Even though it appears that he is rated A+ by GOAL, he still needs to be educated about our rights.

I understand that I am preaching to the choir, but according to Senator Ross from the above post:

"It is of the utmost importance to me that while preserving the safety of our communities, we also protect the rights granted to us as law-abiding citizens by our state and federal Constitutions."

Herein lies the problem with the MA legislators that think this way:

The state and federal constitutions do not GRANTanyone anything. Our RIGHTS are God-given, natural, and inalienable rights! Many of these people (including members of the Congress) representing us simply have no concept of what it means to protect, respect, and not infringe upon our rights. Even though it appears that he is rated A+ by GOAL, he still needs to be educated about our rights.

Well said. The problem with Natural Law is it is so inconvenient. I mean you have to belive that Government doesn't graciously forbear and grant us meager rights. I will forgive his staffer, however, so long as he convinces at least half the knuckleheads in the Committee to vote "nay."

So mass is a leader in gun violence prevention with all these absurd laws? Then explain to me the gun violence that goes on here if these laws are so effective. These people believe this sh!t??!!

Back
Top Bottom