• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vermont Rep. Fred Maslack proposes bill requiring "non-gun-owners" to pay $500 fee

I'm glad to see something sane come out of VT besides hippies and Ben's hair ice cream flavor. It's a "moonbat" tax ... well, it's not a tax ... [rofl]

Come on do you expect them to validate everything they say?

sigh.gif
Only if they want to be taken seriously.

Thats the way it used to be, every abled bodied man was required to own and maintain a musket, I dont believe there was a fine if you didnt though.

It's humorous, but I really hope no one hear actually supports this. You can't be against the government forcing you to buy health insurance and at the same time be in favor of the government forcing you to buy a gun.

I think Arizona just changed the law last year to allow concealed carry without a permit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Arizona went to Constitutional carry in 2010. You can still get a permit, but it's completely optional.

Last edited:

Ahh.... but that is settled law. SCOTUS settled it if you remember. I may not like it and I may think it was a bad decision, but it is the Law of the Land. Therefore, if the Feds can tax people for not having insurance, why the hell not tax them for not being a responsible citizen and buy a gun?

I don't know, that is why I am asking but do you need a permit to carry concealed in those states? Are they like NH where you can OC but need a permit to conceal?

You do not need a license to carry concealed in AK or AZ, but you must be a WY resident to carry without a license there. All three states are "shall issue" states for those who want a license for reciprocity.

I think pro-gun legislators in Vermont need to STFU, lest the earthy-crunchy electorate become keenly aware of the lack of gun regulation and cry out for it.

Christ, you have constitutional carry--I wouldn't be pissing off the moonbats with stupid shit like this.

I think pro-gun legislators in Vermont need to STFU, lest the earthy-crunchy electorate become keenly aware of the lack of gun regulation and cry out for it.

Christ, you have constitutional carry--I wouldn't be pissing off the moonbats with stupid shit like this.

Moonbats and hippies in VT carry guns.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Vermont is an extremely strange place. But i love the constitutional carry and the total lack of gun laws. I laugh at shxt like this but would not want anyone forced to pay a govt fee for anything.

the Vermont Constitution said:
Article 9th. Citizens' rights and duties in the state; bearing arms; taxation
That every member of society hath a right to be protected in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and therefore is bound to contribute the member's proportion towards the expense of that protection, and yield personal service, when necessary, or an equivalent thereto, but no part of any person's property can be justly taken, or applied to public uses, without the person's own consent, or that of the Representative Body, nor can any person who is conscientiously scrupulous of bearing arms, be justly compelled thereto, if such person will pay such equivalent; nor are the people bound by any law but such as they have in like manner assented to, for their common good: and previous to any law being made to raise a tax, the purpose for which it is to be raised ought to appear evident to the Legislature to be of more service to community than the money would be if not collected.

Pay for your protection, or buy a gun, or move. Those are the options.

Don't we get the same thing from the other direction constantly? "If you don't like the laws that make it hard for you to get a permit to concealed carry, then go move someplace better!" Sounds like they are trying to put the shoe on the other foot now, and the constitution supports them in it.

...My cousin lives in Vermont, maybe I'll see if he has land nearby for sale.

It's humorous, but I really hope no one hear actually supports this. You can't be against the government forcing you to buy health insurance and at the same time be in favor of the government forcing you to buy a gun.

I personally like the Kennesaw, GA model. You MUST own a gun... unless you have beliefs that are against it, in which case you're exempt from that law. I'd say being a hoplophobe or a barking moonbat would qualify...

Back
Top Bottom