18" rifle length, chrome lined - buy, or cut?

MetalgodZ

NES Member
Looking to build or buy a couple of 18" uppers, not heavy barrel profile, chrome lined, rifle length gas system, free floated.

I can find lots of stainless stuff out of the box (e.g. Stag 3G) and the occasional full rifle (SPR-15AQ), but no complete upper halves.

Anyone know of an upper half that's approaching affordable, preferably with a full-length or extra long free float? Or should i just look at 20" uppers and cut to length?

Define "affordable" please.

Personally I'd pick 14.5 or 20 and skip the in between.

throwing it out there cause you want a range

200-300$

Non Hbar
Peferably government profile
Stripped or FSP doesnt matter

Ive looked at a couple like GM, Black hole, WOA. Go stainless?

I know i want rifle length gas. I want to put a 30mm scope on the upper and im looking for a barrel that will do 1moa with decent ammo. Maybe even better with hand rolled.

Chrome lined. 1:8 or 1:7.

Not so unrealistic as to expect a $300-400 complete upper, but don't really want to spend $1000 before the muzzle device and bcg.

So do i go with a Spikes LE midlength?

or a Black Hole weaponry midlength

the difference is like 25$.

I plan on feeding it whatever i can find. that means steel cased, brass cased, handrolled ammo etc.

I'm specifically looking for corrosion resistance and durability.

Given the lack of response, am I just not going to find anything 18" and chrome lined?

Should I just go and cut down a 20" barrel? Should I be looking at a different coating?

I'm specifically looking for corrosion resistance and durability.

Given the lack of response, am I just not going to find anything 18" and chrome lined?

Should I just go and cut down a 20" barrel? Should I be looking at a different coating?

Brownells is carrying Criterion barrels, which are chrome lined. The lighter 18" is out of stock, but you can back order them.

Back
Top Bottom