• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DIY: Shovel AK - photo tsunami warning!

Next...A rake...

Nevabendunbefo.jpg

Da, that will become most glorious PPSh Comrade!

cf_ussr.gif

I like how some idiots on ARFCOM can't take the AR humor and are actually butthurt about it. LOL

the DU thread is absolutely painful to read. I am not even sure they know what they are debating about.

This is, hands down, the most amazing thing mankind has ever done. You have in my mind, accomplished the following things here:

1. Won the internet. Hands down. No one should even try anymore. First place, case closed.

2: Built something totally awesome aout of nothing.

3: Written an awesome post that was witty, well thought out and informative.

Boris, you have renewed my faith that there are still good people in this world, and I thank you.

Last edited:
Wow, guys I really appreciate the rep points and comments, I am really flattered (different from fluffing … no homo) It was a simple build, funny … yes, but a simple build that any of you should be able to accomplish if needed.

As far as merit goes, there are many builders who really spend time figuring out virgin territory, something that hasn’t been done before. Those are the things to be really proud of and worthy of praise.

@ Gadsen: yes, you posting that photo was the “twinkle in milkman’s eye" that started this.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...w-me-your-AK?p=2558747&viewfull=1#post2558747

The reason I built my first AK was this thread by Flintoid:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...a-drill-or-hydraulic-press?highlight=AK+build

Building an AK without a drill or a hydraulic press in x-residence of Eleanor Roosevelt is both epic, ironic and his AK came out looking factory new.

Which brings me to the point that a community of pro-2a minded (or just those who honor Constitution) individuals is a powerful force and a place where idea and information exchange flourish. So I thank NES, everyone who takes time to share useful information and I take off my hat to the real heroes of the gun building community.

Amazing build, I love it.

Are we allowed to upgrade to galvanized or stainless shovels, or does that ruin it?

PS. 3 days, 240,000 views. Delicious.

Last edited:
all the "is his name really boris?" brings the luls.

do you know him? do you know tyler durden? apparently he was born in a mental hospital and he sleeps only one hour every night.

Man.. I don't know about the rest of you.. but I have actually met Boris. Though I can't say I spent a lot of time chatting with him I can confirm a couple things:

1) The man is awesome.
2) According to his score sheet from the Hora Dolor, he can't shoot for shit so he CLEARLY just poked holes in that paper with a stick or shoe or something.
3) His build skills are impressive (for a peasant).
4) Being able to read this "in his voice" made it so much better.

2) According to his score sheet from the Hora Dolor, he can't shoot for shit so he CLEARLY just poked holes in that paper with a stick or shoe or something.

I don't know about that. While using an AK he built from a Romy G kit and surplus ammo, he out shot a CMP competitor and another shooter using an AR at one of the Sippican milsurp shoots last year.

Back
Top Bottom