• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard sportsman club

After looking over many clubs in my area it seems like just when I find one that seems good they have a rule thats a deal breaker[frown]!! I am 41 electrician married with kids and need a place to get away from it all and have some fun with my guns[laugh2]!! Any members who can help me as a sponsor or give me advice on what i need to do to become a member in this awsome club would be much appreciated !!!

I just joined. Just need to meet people, go shooting with them, and you can find a sponsor easily.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately I cannot help you by sponsoring, I can't make the meetings due to work, but I'll lend some advice.

Wednesday nights there is open to the public practice for IPSC, lots of shooters to meet and talk to, I'd bet if you stopped by and introduced yourself you might be able to find yourself a sponsor...I'm sure someone else will chime in with some more help.

Club breakfast (12/8) might also be a good place if weekends are better. Really any event that is open to the public will have plenty of members there and you can ask around to make a friend and find a sponsor. I have obligated myself to another new member for this upcoming month so I don't want to do multiple sponsorships.

Club breakfast (12/8) might also be a good place if weekends are better. Really any event that is open to the public will have plenty of members there and you can ask around to make a friend and find a sponsor. I have obligated myself to another new member for this upcoming month so I don't want to do multiple sponsorships.

In addition to club breakfast and IPSC, there is Monday night (1st and third monday of the month) IDPA practice. ISPC or IDPA would let you meet people and show you can shoot safely. I sponsored someone I met at an appleseed, and I got my sponsor at a breakfast.

I forgot about breakfast...also a great idea

SO if I go on a Wednesday night or even a Sunday can I actually shoot or do I need to meet someone and get an invite from them first?

Sunday will be a better chance to shoot. On Wednesday the guys are usually pretty busy with their practice. You can probably swing an invite from someone you meet at breakfast. You must be a guest of a member to use the ranges.

I just recently joined HSC. HSC is a great club. Finding a sponsor can seem like a tough task, but make a couple visits and meet some members. Take the time to show them you're not a tool or a fudd and you'll make friends and find a sponsor.

SO if I go on a Wednesday night or even a Sunday can I actually shoot or do I need to meet someone and get an invite from them first?

Folks are welcome to attend Wednesday evening USPSA/IPSC practice anytime, no invitation required, and by all means be ready to do some shooting. And we are never too busy to meet new folks.

First rule of Gun Club: Bring a gun.
Second rule of Gun Club: Bring a second gun.

Just kidding, the first and second rules of a gun club: bring your eye and ear protection. The third rule is bring a gun.

Just chiming in and looking forward to checking out an IDPA practice. Although not new to firearms, I am new to organized shooting sports. I'm an LEO and instructor for my P.D., had always been interested in competing on a sporting level but never had the time. I hope make it to Harvard in December.

Just chiming in and looking forward to checking out an IDPA practice. Although not new to firearms, I am new to organized shooting sports. I'm an LEO and instructor for my P.D., had always been interested in competing on a sporting level but never had the time. I hope make it to Harvard in December.
I went last night Leo it was a good time!!

I just recently joined HSC. HSC is a great club. Finding a sponsor can seem like a tough task, but make a couple visits and meet some members. Take the time to show them you're not a tool or a fudd and you'll make friends and find a sponsor.

We welsome Fudds too.We just don't let them make Fudd rules. [smile]

I am also interested in joining. Maybe I'll head there this Wednesday too. I don't get out of work until 5 this week so maybe next week.

Last edited:
I am also interested in joining. Maybe I'll head there this Wednesday too. I don't get out of work until 5 this week so maybe next week.

5-7pm - come on over, bring eye and ear protection.

To shoot: A good firearm, with holster, extra mags and carriers and you can shoot with us.

- - - Updated - - -

[
Im going this coming up Wednesday, I got the bug!!!

Excellent! See you there :)

Practice is starting to sound like a party. I need to get out there on Wednesdays more often.

Last week with the holiday the crew was a simple 6-7 shooters. We got to run the stage 4-5 times and even changed it up halfway through (for my benefit lol)

Can I just show up on Sunday to the mandatory range safety class? Or does it need to be scheduled?

You were supposed to write down the number of the person putting on the class and notify him you will be there. I am sorry to say I don't have the phone # or name on me.

Can I just show up on Sunday to the mandatory range safety class? Or does it need to be scheduled?

When I joined a few years ago, the guy who ran it was a real jerk about people who showed up but didn't call him first. Apparently, he wanted everyone who just joined to call him rather than him calling the president to find out if there were any new members. I'm pretty sure that having the president call him was not an option either.

Back
Top Bottom