All I know is they cost more money than the 2nd gen. The 2nd gen windows are perfectly fine so I don't see a reason to buy 3rd gen at higher prices.

It would be interesting to find out if they claim any practical differences....

-Mike

All I know is they cost more money than the 2nd gen. The 2nd gen windows are perfectly fine so I don't see a reason to buy 3rd gen at higher prices.

Decided to not get the one with the "window". Cost was $14.20 each @ Brownells with free shipping.

-Mike

A while back, I had gen 1 pmags and "upgraded" them to gen 2's. Did I notice a difference in reliability, nope. Did I end up paying more, yep. Did the gen 1's drop free from all my lowers? yes. Did ALL of the gen 2's have to go back to magpul for replacement because they wouldn't drop free from any lower? yes.

Would I buy gen 3 pmags? Not just no, but heck no.

FWIW, they are redesigned at the top notch to better work with the SCAR, Tavor (canadian), and ACR.
Supposedly they are also redesigned so that they don't crack and split in the usual spots...

My opinion: Once everyone bought a pile of gen2 pmags to last a lifetime, they had to keep selling something, so by tweaking it a little and calling it a different name, everyone can buy a pile to last a lifetime... AGAIN.

Are the Gen3s STANAG compliant? The earlier ones only fit the AR/M16.

If you remember, they came out with the very expensive STANAG compliant E-Mag to address the problems with the original P-Mag in anything other than an AR.

-Mike

The benefit of buying the third gen is to use with other weapon systems, like the SCAR. Although, some have said the bolt catch is still being pushed up by the magazines which in turn damages the bolt over time. Meaning everyone waiting for unmodified pmags for their SCAR's may have to wait longer. Or maybe it's just a few bad units.

Are the Gen3s STANAG compliant? The earlier ones only fit the AR/M16.

If you remember, they came out with the very expensive STANAG compliant E-Mag to address the problems with the original P-Mag in anything other than an AR.

STANAG is for the AR and E-mags do not work with the SCAR platform and other platforms.

We couldn't use the pmags in the HK IARs because HKs lowers are dimensionally a bit different, I believe these solve that problem.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom