• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wait, can you go there any time now and not need to be there with the Range Officer? If that's the case I might try and join.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RSOs present for now. Supposedly, in the future they will be there only part-time. When they are not there, a member can gain access via card key...once they have completed some sort of "outdoor range brief". You don't like RSOs or people watching you shoot?

The Tiverton Rod & Gun Club (Rhode Island) officially opened their new outdoor shooting range today.

Thirteen shooting lanes:
5 lanes @ 25 yard backstop with trolly system
4 lanes @ 100 yard backstop with mobile target stands
4 lanes @ 200 yard backstop with mobile target stands

Constructed of very heavy guage steel, ballistic rubber rated up to 50 caliber, and lots of concrete. Entire range is enclosed by a chain link fence with barbed wire, security lighting, with camera system. Controlled electronic card key entrance. Steel and rubber purchased from a "Range Systems" company out of Minnesota, and installed by local contractors. About 4 months to complete from start to finish.

Photos: http://tivertonrodandgunclub.com/gallery/2012/OutdoorRangeOpening/

I don't think all of the security systems you mentioned is in place, but it will be some time soon hopefully.Whenall the security is in place there probably won't be RSOs, but there will still be some limiations to shooting hours. The next big project is a state of the art indoor range.

Last edited:
RSOs present for now. Supposedly, in the future they will be there only part-time. When they are not there, a member can gain access via card key...once they have completed some sort of "outdoor range brief". You don't like RSOs or people watching you shoot?

I went there once for a public shoot. Shot two pistol rounds "rapid fire" ( aka Mozambique) and the RO lost his mind . On top of that i work weird hours so i would like to go at my on accord and not on some RO's schedule.

I don't think all of the security systems you mentioned is in place, but it will be some time soon hopefully.Whenall the security is in place there probably won't be RSOs, but there will still be some limiations to shooting hours. The next big project is a state of the art indoor range.

Correct, the electrical items (card key, lights, camera) are in the process of being installed/setup...but will be operational very soon. [grin]

I went there once for a public shoot. Shot two pistol rounds "rapid fire" ( aka Mozambique) and the RO lost his mind . On top of that i work weird hours so i would like to go at my on accord and not on some RO's schedule.

The outdoor range will not be open 24x7 like some indoor ranges are. The outdoor range hours and rules are posted on the website for viewing.

I think the range will be open most daylight hours when they are not shooting trap. Iwas shooting rapid fire yesterday and nobody said anything. I know the rules are a little strict, but so are most clubs I think and they get that way when people are careless and do stupid things.

Back
Top Bottom