17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

Somehow, The Atlantic published an article taking university administrations to task for issuing statements of dismay and opposition to the Rittenhouse verdict. Token effort of balance, or maybe all the Progressive journalists/editors took a long weekend and they needed copy to fill space?

"The mission of a university is the discovery, improvement, and dissemination of knowledge, it reasoned, and a university faithful to that mission will challenge social values, practices, and institutions. “A good university, like Socrates, will be upsetting,” the Kalven report asserted. But “the instrument of dissent and criticism is the individual faculty member or the individual student,” not the university itself, nor the administrators who speak for the whole. “The university is the home and sponsor of critics; it is not itself the critic.”

Somehow, The Atlantic published an article taking university administrations to task for issuing statements of dismay and opposition to the Rittenhouse verdict. Token effort of balance, or maybe all the Progressive journalists/editors took a long weekend and they needed copy to fill space?
Maybe they're just laying the groundwork to cancel some university's administration
next week on behalf of some woke professors.

We did not attend the trial because we could not bear to sit in a courtroom and repeatedly watch videos of our son's murder, and because we have been subjected to many hurtful and nasty comments in the past year. But we watched the trial closely, hoping it would bring us closure.

I think it must be a misquote. Here is what the actual quote should read...

We did not attend the trial because we could not bear to sit in a courtroom and repeatedly watch videos of our son trying to commit murder and because we have been subjected to many hurtful and nasty comments in the past year. But we watched the trial closely, hoping it would bring us closure.

I fixed it for them.

It is sad that your son was killed. More so in the middle of engaging in an assault.

It is also sad that your son was part of a riot and had not learned from his past experience:

940.19(1) Battery Misd. A Dismissed on Prosecutor’s Motion
Modifier: 939.62(1)(a) Repeater
Modifier: 968.075(1)(a) Domestic Abuse

947.01(1) Disorderly Conduct Misd. B Guilty Due to Guilty Plea
Modifier: 939.62(1)(a) Repeater

941.30(2) 2nd-Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety Felony G Charge Dismissed but Read In
Modifier: 939.63(1)(c) Use of a Dangerous Weapon

940.235(1) Strangulation and Suffocation Felony H Guilty Due to Guilty Plea

940.30 False Imprisonment Felony H Guilty Due to Guilty Plea
Modifier: 939.63(1)(b) Use of a Dangerous Weapon

940.19(1) Battery Misd. A Charge Dismissed but Read In
Modifier: 939.63(1)(a) Use of a Dangerous Weapon

947.01(1) Disorderly Conduct Misd. B Charge Dismissed but Read In
Modifier: 939.63(1)(a) Use of a Dangerous Weapon

947.01(1) Disorderly Conduct Misd. B Charge Dismissed but Read In

I'm not going to get outraged over this. These are parents grieving for their kid; they were clearly in denial for a long time about his issues, but they still loved him and they're obviously unhappy he's gone. I can grasp that.

Our side won. I'm content. The "victims'" families can flap their gums all they want. Time to move on to the next fight, even if the Left chooses to dwell in the past and let it fester.

I'm not going to get outraged over this. These are parents grieving for their kid; they were clearly in denial for a long time about his issues, but they still loved him and they're obviously unhappy he's gone. I can grasp that.

Our side won. I'm content. The "victims'" families can flap their gums all they want. Time to move on to the next fight, even if the Left chooses to dwell in the past and let it fester.
C’mon, man. They’re clearly setting the stage for a civil suit. f*** them.

C’mon, man. They’re clearly setting the stage for a civil suit.

They’re going to lose that one too. The one against the Kenosha police will be dismissed before trial, it’s very difficult to sue governments, they’re going to find that out quickly. Also in a civil case all of the prior issues Huber had which were not permitted in the criminal trial will be allowed.

C’mon, man. They’re clearly setting the stage for a civil suit. f*** them.

Right. That's the next fight.

His record and his actions that night will speak for themselves in the civil suit. If his parents want to bring one, they'll do it with or without a maudlin statement the court won't even read. Then another jury can decide whether the preponderance of the evidence suggests Kyle's acts were wrongful.

Whatever. They're grieving. Not my problem.

That is precisely why an ethical press would not be promoting their statements.

You don't think their statements are newsworthy? I do. I can make my own judgements about those statements, but only if I know they exist. I'd rather have more information than less.

The press is going to do what the press is going to do. You and I can only control our own reactions. To me, this is nothing to get het up about, though I do realize this is NES. A LOT of posters here enjoy marinating in their outrage on all sorts of topics, so go at it I guess.

That is precisely why an ethical press would not be promoting their statements.

Their statements are what they believe. Yes the statement is filled with false information but it’s still their view as self interested parties. I don’t have any issue with the media reporting on that as long as they post them unedited.

Reporting those statements etc is completely different than what the media did reporting on the shooting where they reported completely false factual information (not feelings from a family member).

The only actual "news" there is that they imply they are going to sue, probably Kyle and the Kenosha PD. The rest is an emotional outburst.

Just because it's emotional doesn't invalidate it. In your eyes, maybe. This is a massive case. ANYONE connected to it, making any kind of statement about it, is newsworthy.

I was thinking about the most likely civil suits that will be coming and I was wondering what would be the outcome if Kyle is found guilty.

I think he comes from a divorced household and so I would venture to say he a doesn’t have a shit ton of assets?..Are they able to sue his family for any assets that Kyle will inherit? Also, will they be awarded any of Kyle’s settlement money he will get from various media that slandered him? Just wondering what would come of it because OJ got croaked in his civil suit but he obviously had some serious assets.

I was thinking about the most likely civil suits that will be coming and I was wondering what would be the outcome if Kyle is found guilty.

I think he comes from a divorced household and so I would venture to say he a doesn’t have a shit ton of assets?..Are they able to sue his family for any assets that Kyle will inherit? Also, will they be awarded any of Kyle’s settlement money he will get from various media that slandered him? Just wondering what would come of it because OJ got croaked in his civil suit but he obviously had some serious assets.

I believe (IANAL) that a civil judgement remains against him pretty much forever, until he pays it off. That means a lifelong future of payment plans, wage garnishment, and complicated tax returns. I think they'd be unable to go after his future inheritance, but once he inherits it it becomes fair game.

This is why there's a booming industry of people who are good at hiding money from things like this. One hopes Kyle and his parents will seek the help of an experienced financial advisor if the judgement goes against him.

I believe (IANAL) that a civil judgement remains against him pretty much forever, until he pays it off. That means a lifelong future of payment plans, wage garnishment, and complicated tax returns. I think they'd be unable to go after his future inheritance, but once he inherits it it becomes fair game.

This is why there's a booming industry of people who are good at hiding money from things like this. One hopes Kyle and his parents will seek the help of an experienced financial advisor if the judgement goes against him.
Wow! So any future earnings? That’s nuts! I’m sure he’s got some serious scratch coming his way and he’s probably going to have to settle with those idiots.

Wow! So any future earnings? That’s nuts! I’m sure he’s got some serious scratch coming his way and he’s probably going to have to settle with those idiots.
Again, I don't really know. Even if I was a lawyer, I wouldn’t be one in Wisconsin. But that’s how civil judgments work in some other states.

Just because you’re poor, it doesn’t absolve you of that judgement. They’ll just wait until you’re not poor anymore, then collect. As they should.

Usually, it has a 20 year expiration date.

Scumbag's Mom : Muh baby was just minding his own business peacefully protesting when this crazy madman shot him.

Kyle's lawyer : 1638024240702.jpeg
Defense rests.

Scumbag's Mom : Muh baby was just minding his own business peacefully protesting when this crazy madman shot him.

Kyle's lawyer : View attachment 546351
Defense rests.

But it was just a skateboard not a gun!

q6bc5iZh.png

View: https://youtu.be/xsd0qpUmcwQ

Edit:

🐯

Back
Top Bottom