17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

The interesting question will be how hard are the prosecutors going to come down on this young lady also in Kenosha who shot the man who trapped her for sexual slavery?

What the hell is wrong out there in Wisconsin. Two people who should never have been put on trial are being put on trial and forced to keep going over everything in their lives. She better get a not guilty verdict otherwise the system is busted. This is the kind of unfortunate sh*t that happens when liberal prosecutors protect criminals and re-victimize the victims.
Having read that article, If it is accurate, I agree with the "Self Defense" but setting fire to the house and stealing his car is another matter.

His life is destroyed in the sense that Kyle can NEVER get a job at the local pizza joint asking if you'd like fries with that. He can never become a car salesman or really any role where he interacts with people. If he becomes an IT guy in the back room, then "maybe", Until someone that doesn't like him leaks his presence to press, company stock nose dives from the liberal boycott and he's fired. Once his usefulness on the political pimping shows is worn out he has nothing but a $3m lawyer bill from the original trial.

That is Kyle's reality and the mainstream media and social media platforms facilitated it, gladly, for their own profits and political agendas.

If the reporting on this historic event had been even handed and truthful, then I agree. There'd be no case. Hey, I push bytes for a living and even I made that sound plausible. I imagine a competent lawyer can win enough to pay his outstanding bills and then replace his lost future income plus punitive damages.

If that $3m figure is right (I read it somewhere) and the lawsuits cost similar then he needs to win back no less than $8m to have enough cash in the bank to replace that lost income and that's for joe blow ($1.7m median lifetime income). He was at least considering a medical career. He should be looking for $20m just to break even. At $100m in punitive damages he'd be generous to the media.
The family is moving for their safety. I'm sure his lawyers will argue the media coverage and comments by people like muffinhead encouraged the persecutors (sic) to bring charges at all.

Having read that article, If it is accurate, I agree with the "Self Defense" but setting fire to the house and stealing his car is another matter.

Meh, destroying a monster. I have no sympathy for monsters. What really kills me is that she had to go to appeals in order to present her abuse in court as justification. Nothing like making victims reliving their abuse over and over. The strange part is it will probably be Binger and maybe even Lunchbox (Krause) to prosecute the case. It's almost like the criminal justice system itself needs to be put on trial.

The family is moving for their safety. I'm sure his lawyers will argue the media coverage and comments by people like muffinhead encouraged the persecutors (sic) to bring charges at all.
Again, temper your expectations.

All Joe's lawyers would have to say is that the charges were brought at the DA's sole discretion. The DA will say the same on the stand. And then that issue goes away.

Remember, it's the "legal system." Not the "fairness system." If you can't prove it in court, it didn't happen. Obviously I think Kyle deserves millions in a payout from all the MFers who dragged him through the mud. But the law doesn't care what I think.

Again, temper your expectations.

All Joe's lawyers would have to say is that the charges were brought at the DA's sole discretion. The DA will say the same on the stand. And then that issue goes away.

Remember, it's the "legal system." Not the "fairness system." If you can't prove it in court, it didn't happen. Obviously I think Kyle deserves millions in a payout from all the MFers who dragged him through the mud. But the law doesn't care what I think.
My expectations are fully tempered. I have basically zero faith in the system at all levels at this point.

“America hasn’t eliminated its racist roots. Mr. Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old white boy, had no need to go to the Black Lives Matter protest with a rifle. It was not his duty to maintain order, and he ended up killing two white men and injuring another. None of this would have happened if he had minded his own business instead of trying to be a vigilante.” —Deepak Govindarajan, Augustana University, computer science

You’re telling me you wouldn’t do the same in her shoes? I have no problem with scorched earth if it’s justified.

Meh, destroying a monster. I have no sympathy for monsters. What really kills me is that she had to go to appeals in order to present her abuse in court as justification. Nothing like making victims reliving their abuse over and over. The strange part is it will probably be Binger and maybe even Lunchbox (Krause) to prosecute the case. It's almost like the criminal justice system itself needs to be put on trial.
I agree, once she "Put him Down" that would be the end. She should not be charged with the killing of that monster as would clearly be Self Defense. But sadly the other issues are what is to be questioned.

A photo smiling with Trump, well if the commies in the media didn't hate Rittenhouse before they surely will now.

They will be apoplectic! That is major level trolling...
193.gif

🐯
right on cue

The interesting question will be how hard are the prosecutors going to come down on this young lady also in Kenosha who shot the man who trapped her for sexual slavery?
This whipped by me on the Microsoft Edge home page this morning:

Conclusion: The outcome of the Rittenhouse trial means that
the Ruling Class now has a hardon for slapping down self-defense,
and the MSM will be obsessing over it until they can manage to
build a narrative that all self-defense is unjustified.

ETA: ...and that's why it needs to be outlawed -
which is a drum that they are already beating.

I am looking at this "Strickly" from the point of law, Not from the point of emotion. Sorry to say this but that is way our system works.
Strickly from the point of law, Wisconsin has additional jurisprudence
surrounding battered spouses; see the second paragraph
of this third footnote.

I haven't gone on to read those cites.
But they exist separate and distinctly
from anything covered in the Rittenhouse trial.

IANAL, but wouldn‘t Kyle’s lawyers need to show definite, specific harm from each of those people?

That might be a tall order. The devil’s in the details.

Specific harm? For at least the next 10 years if an employer, girl he’s interested in dating, college, etc can google his name and one of the search results will be some asshat like pressley saying he’s a murdering racist. He also almost went to prison for the rest of his life and all of that was created by the narrative created by media and politicians like pressley and biden in the immediate aftermath of the shooting.

Think he’d have a hard time claiming emotional distress? He spent a year with the media and the highest level politicians of one party defaming him and he had that murder charge hanging over him. His lawyers said he’s in counseling, can’t sleep, has PTSD, etc.

I don’t think defamation cases and the injury suffered are clearer than this one.

“America hasn’t eliminated its racist roots. Mr. Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old white boy, had no need to go to the Black Lives Matter protest with a rifle. It was not his duty to maintain order, and he ended up killing two white men and injuring another. None of this would have happened if he had minded his own business instead of trying to be a vigilante.” —Deepak Govindarajan, Augustana University, computer science
Just another ignorant Marxist in training.

of this third footnote.

I agree with putting that animal down. I agree that would be self defense. The issues of setting the fire and stealing the car after, that is what can be called into question.

Not sure about that, but even so, you'd have to prove a specific harm I think.

People on the left were always going to have a negative opinion of Kyle's actions based solely on news coverage from established sources; those negative opinions aren't the news outlet's fault. And, arguably, they don't constitute definite harms to Kyle. I don't think his "reputation" is "destroyed;" on the contrary, in fact.

I just think this case might be more of an uphill struggle than I'd like it to be. Lying about someone in public is only punishable if that lie actually causes them direct harm, I think. Again, IANAL. But then, I always like to keep my expectations low.
With all the incorrect and slanderous things that were done that poisoned the Jury pool I think that would be provable Harm !

What the hell is wrong out there in Wisconsin. Two people who should never have been put on trial are being put on trial and forced to keep going over everything in their lives. She better get a not guilty verdict otherwise the system is busted. This is the kind of unfortunate sh*t that happens when liberal prosecutors protect criminals and re-victimize the victims.

Unfortunately I think she's going to lose that case. While she did a good thing by removing a scumbag from the world, her actions make it look much more like it was premeditated murder rather than self defense. She wasn't caged up in his basement, she went to his house on her own that night. That and setting the house on fire and stealing his car aren't really going to help her defense. The fact that the forensics are showing he was sitting at the time she shot him also aren't going to help, nor are the snaps she sent out before killing him bragging about how she was going to be driving a BMW soon.

There are statutes in the law to allow for a trafficked person to kill their trafficker and be found not guilty, but I think she took things much too far for those to be applied here. I think stealing the car and bragging about it, along with burning the house are going to be the damning factors in her case. If she'd stuck with just popping the guy a couple times in the head, she would have a far better case.

Personally, the only part of it I have a problem with is the fire. That's endangering the entire area, and having been through an apartment fire before, it's not something I wish on anyone.

With all the incorrect and slanderous things that were done that poisoned the Jury pool I think that would be provable Harm !

One of the lawyers on Rittenhouses team left a bit before the trial, Robert Barnes. He has talked about the polling they did and other work in preparation for jury selection. He said in their polling, every single person in the pat county had heard about the case. When so many media people and politicians including a presidential candidate, the local mayor, governor, etc were putting out such defamatory statements, most of the information the potential jury pool heard was lies which would have put him in prison for life.

There’s nothing more valuable than liberty, without your freedom nothing else matters. Rittenhouses injury is much much more substantial than Sandman. Sandman was defamed but never faced criminal charges especially ones which would put him away for life no parole

Specific harm? For at least the next 10 years if an employer, girl he’s interested in dating, college, etc can google his name and one of the search results will be some asshat like pressley saying he’s a murdering racist. He also almost went to prison for the rest of his life and all of that was created by the narrative created by media and politicians like pressley and biden in the immediate aftermath of the shooting.

Think he’d have a hard time claiming emotional distress? He spent a year with the media and the highest level politicians of one party defaming him and he had that murder charge hanging over him. His lawyers said he’s in counseling, can’t sleep, has PTSD, etc.

I don’t think defamation cases and the injury suffered are clearer than this one.
I hope you’re right. But I’m always prepared for disappointment.

of this third footnote.

Below is what the left wants helpless human beings with power in the hands of the state and the criminal class. I can't take credit for finding this quote, but here is self defense in the former Soviet Union, from the Gulag Archipelago:

gulag_archipelago.png

The injury is clear enough, but the prosecution itself is an intervening cause, and that's a problem when attributing damages. The state itself has done the most harm with its malicious and politically motivated prosecution.

Back
Top Bottom