17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

They ALWAYS say that at the beginning, just like civil litigants always start with "My demands are non-negotiable".

As an attorney, he will be professionally obligated to present the client with any offer made by the state. It might be hard for the kid to turn down "youth detention until 21 or we can go to the mat with an adult trial and risk life without parole".

An attorney once told me about a case he was taking to the matt and would never plead out. A year or so later when it was resolved he told me what a great plea bargain he negotiated for his client.
If it does go bad for the kid at trial I think he has a good chance of a presidential pardon, or at lease commute the sentence. If Trump loses this will come as he leaves office, if he wins, it'll wait till any appeals have played out, why spend the political capital if he doesn't have to?

I still predict a plea bargain. This kid won't roll the dice on a life without no matter how strong his case.

Respectfully, I don’t see a plea bargain. Not on a state level. Not with his defense council. If the big man loses the Presidency, I could see federal charges.

Also, the first shooter that fires a pistol in the air has been identified. Yes, the fourth felon in this matter and amateur “adult film star.” Yet another witness plus what the reporter stated, I am pretty sure he walks....and his civil defense team is waiting in the wings.

I do see the DA in Kenosha either hoping this gets blown out by a Grand Jury or slow rolling it until after the election.

Coming from the friend it’s hearsay and I suspect lefty will deny he said it.

Agreed, and yet the twitter post will live forever as will the pic of the one armed bandit and the guy that posted it.

If it does go bad for the kid at trial I think he has a good chance of a presidential pardon, or at lease commute the sentence. If Trump loses this will come as he leaves office, if he wins, it'll wait till any appeals have played out, why spend the political capital if he doesn't have to?
I don't think a president can pardon a state level conviction - only federal.

IMHO a guy getting acquitted on charges based on SD really isn't much of a precedent, it happens all the time.

Being acquitted of the murder charges won't be landmark. I seem to recall that his defense has already promised to appeal the constitutionality of the statute if a conviction on the possession charge occurs. But who, considering the long series of disappointments we've suffered, could expect anything to come of it?

One big mistake of his was not calling the police as soon as he got to a safe place from which to do so.
The first time he was in a place safe to do so seems to be when he reached all the police vehicles with his hands up. They look to have blown him off, so he left. IIRC, he called his local police the next morning. Arguably he should have done so sooner, but it's not like the 911 operators in Kenosha were sitting around having coffee for lack of calls.

Last edited:
It's a damn shame when gun owners can't recognize as clear of a self-defense case that you will ever see.

This is a political prosecution straight up.

If it was about guns and self-defense then why hasn't the felon known as "lefty" been himself charged as a felon carrying a firearm?

Last edited:
Here's a non-judgmental account of the questions that need answering:

One point that isn't made here is what it might mean, or not, when an attacker without a weapon tries to disarm you. Not sure of Wisconsin law, but in a lot of states, attacking with a shod foot can be considered assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Half the country thinks its a clear cut case of self defense and half thinks he's a white supremacist shooting innocents. There is no way they get a jury of 12 to convict him IMO. They couldn't hang the Zim Zam, they aren't going to hang the Kenosha Kid.

Zimmerman didn't have the benefit of video clearly showing he was acting in self defense. Say what you like about Trayvon Martin but he wasn't a convicted pedophile/domestic abuser/burglar and he didn't have a gun on him.

Rittenhouse has top flight lawyers who will use the video to their advantage, all they need to do is create reasonable doubt in one juror's mind and they get to present their arguments last. I can't imagine a jury that will convict him nor can I imagine his lawyers advising him to cop a plea.

Last edited:
The first time he was in a place safe to do so seems to be when he reached all the police vehicles with his hands up. They look to have blown him off, so he left. IIRC, he called his local police the next morning. Arguably he should have done so sooner, but it's not like the 911 operators in Kenosha were sitting around having coffee for lack of calls.

His lawyer said he turned himself in to his local PD that night. In any case, the opinion he messed up by not calling the police right away seems tenuous, seeing he literally ran to them as he was being chased, and immediately tried to give himself up. On the other hand, I’m sure the prosecution will indeed try to spin his brief phone call to someone other than 911 as evidence of malice.

His lawyer said he turned himself in to his local PD that night. In any case, the opinion he messed up by not calling the police right away seems tenuous, seeing he literally ran to them as he was being chased, and immediately tried to give himself up. On the other hand, I’m sure the prosecution will indeed try to spin his brief phone call to someone other than 911 as evidence of malice.

The prosecution will never get a murder conviction on this kid. Ever. There’s too much video out there. Malice? Did you see the video of pedo & skateboard dude before the incident? Now that was malice, good luck to the prosecution if they think they’re gonna win the malice battle over him waiting on making the phone call when he was on video clearly trying to turn himself in.

If convicted, Antifa will riot in celebration.

On the other hand,
if acquitted, Antifa will riot in protest.

If (when) things go in KR's favor, I wonder what BLM will do. Will they organize a riot in honor of the shot-up/dead WHITE people who were there—or at least supposedly there—to support their cause?

If (when) things go in KR's favor, I wonder what BLM will do. Will they organize a riot in honor of the shot-up/dead WHITE people who were there—or at least supposedly there—to support their cause?
It'll be post election and hopefully the people organizing the rallies will be in jail or fled from the country. No pay, no riot.

The prosecution will never get a murder conviction on this kid. Ever. There’s too much video out there. Malice? Did you see the video of pedo & skateboard dude before the incident? Now that was malice, good luck to the prosecution if they think they’re gonna win the malice battle over him waiting on making the phone call when he was on video clearly trying to turn himself in.
Donkdom. Never say never.

You have to wonder how many other videos are out there that will never be seen by the public, police and lawyers.
There were dozens of people out there that night that witnessed what went down, and I'll bet at least 1/3 or more had their cellphones out.
Very few (if any), of them will ever come forward or hand over any videos because it would...

1) Assist in clearing KR of any wrong doing.
2) Provide evidence in identifying anyone involved in any criminal activity.

Even without any video evidence, any prosecutor will have to stand in front of a jury with at least a few people
that are getting sick and tired of BLM's/Antifas shit, shenanigans and antics, and will vote to acquit simply because
someone finally took the garbage out.

You have to wonder how many other videos are out there that will never be seen by the public, police and lawyers.
There were dozens of people out there that night that witnessed what went down, and I'll bet at least 1/3 or more had their cellphones out.
Very few (if any), of them will ever come forward or hand over any videos because it would...

1) Assist in clearing KR of any wrong doing.
2) Provide evidence in identifying anyone involved in any criminal activity.

Even without any video evidence, any prosecutor will have to stand in front of a jury with at least a few people
that are getting sick and tired of BLM's/Antifas shit, shenanigans and antics, and will vote to acquit simply because
someone finally took the garbage out.

There have been slam dunk cases where slick lawyers & weak kneed juries didn’t result in convictions (OJ, Casey Anthony...).

Murder is a difficult conviction under ideal circumstances, there’s plenty of video that is already public showing a plausible self defense scenario. People are getting wound up over the politics on this one but this will be in a courtroom. Juries are notoriously reluctant to convict for murder. There is no way he’s getting murder. I doubt he’ll even get manslaughter. The one gun charge is a misdemeanor. The DA is overcharging and that never goes well. And the kid has robust legal representation.

MA has "Commonwealth v. Adjutant" that allows the record and reputation of the target of the self defense to be introduced. In many states such evidence cannot be introduced by the defense unless it can be shown that the defender knew of that information at the time of the act, the theory being it could not have been part of the defendant's decision making process if he did not know it. MA finally figured out that this info is part of the totality of information and circumstances to best judge what likely really happened.

Anyone here know what the rule on this is in WI?

Last edited:
And the moral of this story is... Don't bring a skateboard to a gunfight. Or at least wait till Vanns comes out with ballistic boarder gear.

There have been slam dunk cases where slick lawyers & weak kneed juries didn’t result in convictions (OJ, Casey Anthony...).

Murder is a difficult conviction under ideal circumstances, there’s plenty of video that is already public showing a plausible self defense scenario. People are getting wound up over the politics on this one but this will be in a courtroom. Juries are notoriously reluctant to convict for murder. There is no way he’s getting murder. I doubt he’ll even get manslaughter. The one gun charge is a misdemeanor. The DA is overcharging and that never goes well. And the kid has robust legal representation.

If you've never sat on a jury, you don't know what it's like.

Many moons ago, I sat on one. We the Jury knew that the guy was guilty. But the state's case was so poorly put together, that the "reasonable doubt" when it came to evidence, as opposed to knowing he was guilty, made us acquit on 4 of 7 charges.

When you're actually coming to a verdict, the old "better the guilty go free, than a innocent person is convicted" actually matters.

Shocking footage shows teen Kenosha gunman Kyle Rittenhouse 'punching a girl several times in the head and stomach during argument ' - just weeks before he shot dead two BLM protesters and seriously injured a third
  • The footage, which first began circulating on Twitter earlier this week, was captured on July 1 – weeks before Rittenhouse shot dead two protesters
  • The melee occurred in downtown Kenosha, according to the two men who filmed the clip, who also identified the teen depicted as Kyle Rittenhouse
  • The teen is also seen wearing the same American Flag Crocs in the footage that Rittenhouse is seen donning in a widely photo of the shooter from Facebook
  • The teen believed to be Rittenhouse is seen punching a girl at least four times, striking her in the back of the head and the abdomen
  • Four men approach the teen for striking a girl, with one grappling with him, forcing him to the ground and proceeding to kick him before fleeing
  • Rittenhouse is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the shooting death of two Black Lives Matter protesters in Kenosha last week

Many moons ago, I sat on one. We the Jury knew that the guy was guilty. But the state's case was so poorly put together, that the "reasonable doubt" when it came to evidence, as opposed to knowing he was guilty, made us acquit on 4 of 7 charges.

When you're actually coming to a verdict, the old "better the guilty go free, than a innocent person is convicted" actually matters.

Which is exactly why he’ll get off.

Shocking footage shows teen Kenosha gunman Kyle Rittenhouse 'punching a girl several times in the head and stomach during argument ' - just weeks before he shot dead two BLM protesters and seriously injured a third
  • The footage, which first began circulating on Twitter earlier this week, was captured on July 1 – weeks before Rittenhouse shot dead two protesters
  • The melee occurred in downtown Kenosha, according to the two men who filmed the clip, who also identified the teen depicted as Kyle Rittenhouse
  • The teen is also seen wearing the same American Flag Crocs in the footage that Rittenhouse is seen donning in a widely photo of the shooter from Facebook
  • The teen believed to be Rittenhouse is seen punching a girl at least four times, striking her in the back of the head and the abdomen
  • Four men approach the teen for striking a girl, with one grappling with him, forcing him to the ground and proceeding to kick him before fleeing
  • Rittenhouse is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the shooting death of two Black Lives Matter protesters in Kenosha last week

Aside from the fact that there’s no way to tell that it’s actually him, or what really happened, it would never be admissible in court.

Same when my wife sat on one. The guy was clearly guilty, but the State was so inept that the jury schwacked them by letting the guy walk. I approve. The State has nearly unlimited power; they have every advantage in investigating the perp and proving their case. If they can't do that, then they ought to be punished.

Back
Top Bottom