• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

Then explain why one of my former students with an FID was denied purchase of a 10/22 because it "could accept high capacity magazines" by 3 different stores in Massachusetts and one in Maine.
Because dealers are neither "authority figures" or "experts" when it comes to interpreting Mass General Law; CMRs and regulatory actions regarding the implementation of such law, and erring on the side of caution is often both easier and safer.

You might as well ask "Why won't a MA shop sell me a pre-Maura lower with a driving license for ID but no LTC. The legal issues are identical.
So you can possess a 10/22 and Ranch Rifle in Massachusetts? When did you get an LTC? Because both of these can accept a large capacity magazine, they are restricted to LTC holders.
The MA gun control advisory board has issued an official list of what is a high-cap gun, and the 1022 is not on it. This clarifies the state's position on the matter and provides the protection of an entrapment by estoppel defense if the state decides to ignore itself.

Because dealers are neither "authority figures" or "experts" when it comes to interpreting Mass General Law; CMRs and regulatory actions regarding the implementation of such law, and erring on the side of caution is often both easier and safer.

You might as well ask "Why won't a MA shop sell me a pre-Maura lower with a driving license for ID but no LTC. The legal issues are identical.

The MA gun control advisory board has issued an official list of what is a high-cap gun, and the 1022 is not on it. This clarifies the state's position on the matter and provides the protection of an entrapment by estoppel defense if the state decides to ignore itself.

What does this mean then?

"Weapons not listed on this roster may also be large capacity weapons if they are semi-automatic and are capable of accepting or readily modifiable to accept a large capacity feeding device. Definitions of ‘capable of accepting’ and ‘readily modifiable to accept’ are defined in 501 CMR 7.02.""

Since the 10/22 can accept magazines greater than 10 rounds, as can the Mini-14 ranch rifle, how would they be classified as part of this reading? That seems like a pretty big loophole. A Tavor is not on the High Capacity list, my TNW Aero Survival Rifle is not on the list, but it accepts Glock Magazines, so would it be High Capacity?

You and the other morons can spout your rubbish about how 2A rights allow you to be a vigilante. Prisons are full of smart guys like you!

This thread is about Rittenhouse. Are you arguing that Rittenhouse was a "vigilante" because he was present, because he was present and armed, because he used lethal force, what? I would think that to be deemed a "vigilante" you would need to try to apprehend a suspect of a crime at some point, not just be there. Ironically, the guys who attacked him while he was running towards the cops could be called "vigilantes" because they believed he had committed a crime and were trying (at least) to stop him. But Rittenhouse himself does not seem to have tried to apprehend anyone, and throughout the sequence of events was the one chased, not the one doing the chasing.

Current practice has been to consider the 1022 non large-capacity because of how the gun is originally shipped. And yes, that is not consistent with the plain English wording of the law.

But, as with much of MGL, there is ambiguity in interpretation - sometimes to our advantage, but usually to our disadvantage.

The devil is in the details, and you won't get a straight answer from anyone in a position to count.

Then explain why one of my former students with an FID was denied purchase of a 10/22 because it "could accept high capacity magazines" by 3 different stores in Massachusetts and one in Maine.

Because there's a lot of gnomish mysticism and misunderstanding of the laws. And by default most dealers will suck for the more conservative option.

There's also disease spread from other dealers. Rt 95 Deli Ticket emporium or one of the other "bigs" won't sell you a 10/22 on an FID. So the disease "Spreads" and
gets accepted as gospel.

A while back, there was a 'story' I heard about a cyber security bigwig at a conference. He went on and on about how hackers were 'you name it'.

The crowd started laughing, when he turned around, his presentation had changed to his banking records and other personal information.

I've said it before, a civil war in the US today will be the worst thing to ever hit the planet. It should be avoided at all costs, the body count will be in the billions of people due to secondary effects. While I can see it happening, I pray every day it doesn't. The costs are way beyond the lives that will be lost in the US alone.

This thread is about Rittenhouse. Are you arguing that Rittenhouse was a "vigilante" because he was present, because he was present and armed, because he used lethal force, what? I would think that to be deemed a "vigilante" you would need to try to apprehend a suspect of a crime at some point, not just be there. Ironically, the guys who attacked him while he was running towards the cops could be called "vigilantes" because they believed he had committed a crime and were trying (at least) to stop him. But Rittenhouse himself does not seem to have tried to apprehend anyone, and throughout the sequence of events was the one chased, not the one doing the chasing.

Stop using logic. We’ll have none of that as long as 308sniper is around!

A while back, there was a 'story' I heard about a cyber security bigwig at a conference. He went on and on about how hackers were 'you name it'.

The crowd started laughing, when he turned around, his presentation had changed to his banking records and other personal information.

I've said it before, a civil war in the US today will be the worst thing to ever hit the planet. It should be avoided at all costs, the body count will be in the billions of people due to secondary effects. While I can see it happening, I pray every day it doesn't. The costs are way beyond the lives that will be lost in the US alone.

I always go to security conferences with a burner clamshell phone, pencil, and paper. I'm still afraid someone will hack the pencil. Can't feel bad for someone who goes to one of these places without being extremely careful. All the smart people leave their tech at home. Everything gets hacked. The convention center itself gets hacked. The neighboring hotels and coffee shops get hacked. Quite a party.

That or wrestle with one.
That quote's slightly different:

georgebernardshaw1-2x.jpg

well, just to be safe we should have him prosecuted and all chip in for a big bucket of lube

I don't think we need to help him get prosecuted. He'll get there on his own. He's either an angry dude predestined to become a local headline featuring the word "cache" or "arsenal", or he's a fed trolling for low hanging fruit. My guess the first.

I truly don't care if he skirts the rules if he isn't hurting anybody I care about while doing it., Most of the things that are felonies in Mass are "Tuesday" in almost any other state, anyway. But most people don't broadcast their transgressions as a challenge.

Individual FFLs can deny access to their shops and refuse to sell you a product if the don't like the fact that you have mutton-chop sideburns or a 1950S style DA. Their choice! Move on! Plenty of others willing to deal with you, but some will not take American Express cards because of the high fees. Me? I offer cash money, on the barreltop, and have never been refused. Cash is king! Always was and always will be. Credit? Just adding to a pile of expensive debt. Think about it!

THANK YOU! The one even remotely correct answer in what has been a thread load of purified donkey shit! Nobody wants another civil war. My ancestors lived through the first one and folks, it ain't pretty! We use our firearms for sport shooting, hunting and home protection, but only a seriously sick individual would even think about using them to wage war against his countrymen. That is where my family and I completely part company from the internet Rambos and anarchists who want to overthrow our government. I really feel sorry for some of the demented individuals here on NES and if I get banned, so be it! Good luck to you wannabes lawyers and Rambo commandos. Looks like Biden and his darkie running mate are about to count final coup. Hope you are prepared. As for me, ready the incoming salvos; I am already well dug-in!

Back
Top Bottom