• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

BOB MCMANUS [in the New York Post/AHM]: The Shameful Betrayal of New York’s Finest. “... This is where things stand in soon-to-be post-de Blasio New York: Felony assault on a police officer is taken by prosecutors about as seriously as shoplifting or turnstile-jumping — petty offenses which also are ignored, but which don’t directly threaten the public order. At least in the short run.”This is the kind of legal environment that produces death squads, and public support for them. Luckily, the election of Eric Adams is likely to lead to change, though to be fair he doesn’t control the prosecutors.​
(Old and Busted underscoring replaced with New Hot underscoring,
for change in topic
).

Nopey McNope - Adams will take the first-world sh¡thole he inherited from DeBlasio
and screw things up even worse.

A NYPD patrolman was shot in the head early New Year's Day:

This must have had the rank-and-file going ballistic with concern. Yet
the Daily Mail quotes the mayor and commissioner using the shooting as
an opportunity to tout gun control. The livid NYPD must know that
even stricter gun control would never keep them safe.

As I mentioned in EMail to Howie Carr yesterday, the problem isn't that
the mayor and the commissioner are gun-grabbers. The problem is that at
a time when the cops are on edge about their safety, the mayor BSed them
to try and gain a political edge.

If they didn't know it before, the cops must now know that the Adams is
yet another feckless clown who will never roll back the chaos in the
way that Bratton and Giuliani have been credited.

The only subtle aspect to this is that the mayor and police commissioner
could be laying down a rhetorical marker in case The Supremes null out
NY gun laws this spring.

(Old and Busted underscoring replaced with New Hot underscoring,
for change in topic
).

Nopey McNope - Adams will take the first-world sh¡thole he inherited from DeBlasio
and screw things up even worse.

A NYPD patrolman was shot in the head early New Year's Day:

This must have had the rank-and-file going ballistic with concern. Yet
the Daily Mail quotes the mayor and commissioner using the shooting as
an opportunity to tout gun control. The livid NYPD must know that
even stricter gun control would never keep them safe.

As I mentioned in EMail to Howie Carr yesterday, the problem isn't that
the mayor and the commissioner are gun-grabbers. The problem is that at
a time when the cops are on edge about their safety, the mayor BSed them
to try and gain a political edge.

The only subtle aspect to this is that the mayor and police commissioner
could be laying down a rhetorical marker in case The Supremes null out
NY gun laws this spring.

In all fairness the new mayor hasnt even been in office for a week......

If he hasnt begun to actually correct some of deblasio's most egregious bs in a month then......

In all fairness the new mayor hasnt even been in office for a week......

If he hasnt begun to actually correct some of deblasio's most egregious bs in a month then......
If the way he tries to calm down an entire police force
who think they're getting sniped at randomly
is to posture about solving the problem with frigging gun control
then he's demonstrated that he's totally fücking worthless before 8AM, Day One.

Keep in mind, the proper audience of that press conference was frankly the cops -
not the general city residents. Because it's the cops that are really getting targeted,
and if they say, "screw this - I'm outta here", then the city has no real Plan B
for protecting everyone else.

If the way he tries to calm down an entire police force
who think they're getting sniped at randomly
is to posture about solving the problem with frigging gun control
then he's demonstrated that he's totally fücking worthless before 8AM, Day One.

Keep in mind, the proper audience of that press conference was frankly the cops -
not the general city residents. Because it's the cops that are really getting targeted,
and if they say, "screw this - I'm outta here", then the city has no real Plan B
for protecting everyone else.

But they ARE being sniped as they present "opportunities" to bad people

NYPD has a very long history of failing to build trust in communities.......from plunger interrogations to systematic "flaking" of people they interact with

"Flaking" = planting drugs.....

And to be fair......NYC is NYC.....and it takes two to tango so to speak.......lots of abuse/criminal activity on both sides of the issue

My life will be better if I manage to live a long life and never have to step foot in NYC again......

NYPD has a very long history of failing to build trust in communities.......from plunger interrogations to systematic "flaking" of people they interact with

"Flaking" = planting drugs.....

And to be fair......NYC is NYC.....and it takes two to tango so to speak.......lots of abuse/criminal activity on both sides of the issue

My life will be better if I manage to live a long life and never have to step foot in NYC again......

Lol lots of Chicago same way. Funny thing the libtards there talk a big talk about social justice etc but they wont ask why their zombie mayor wont shut down the "SECRET" POLICE station in Chicago that was basically engineered as a trap to try to f*** low grade arrests out of their civil rights. [rofl]

Yea, he is either putting someone from the Weather Underground or someone who has actually killed a cop and got away with it in charge of some branch of law enforcement, I can't dig right now but heard it last week.

I'm confused. Are we supposed to feel bad for cops that arrested people for eating in a restaurant without papers.

So you're in favor of the mayor and police commissioner's
idea to double down on gun control to solve the problem?

I'm confused. Are we supposed to feel bad for cops that arrested people for eating in a restaurant without papers.
You're supposed to realize that you and the cops and everyone else are being played
by The New Hope saying that their cunning plan for crime control is moar gun control.

So you're in favor of the mayor and police commissioner's
idea to double down on gun control to solve the problem?

You're supposed to realize that you and the cops and everyone else are being played
by The New Hope saying that their cunning plan for crime control is moar gun control.
I do. But until the cops that enforce those laws under the guise of just doin my job stop doing that…….no sympathy

I do. But until the cops that enforce those laws under the guise of just doin my job stop doing that…….no sympathy
Until gun owners stop brandishing during road rage incidents...no sympathy for RKBA.
Until gun owners stop leaving loaded pistols in end tables for toddlers to kill themselves with...no sympathy for RKBA.

See how that works?

What in my statement would lead you to believe that?
AHM: There is a problem, and the mayor proposes to solve it by violating civil rights in a way that won't solve it.
jpk: But there is a problem.

AHM: There is a problem, and the mayor proposes to solve it by violating civil rights in a way that won't solve it.
jpk: But there is a problem.

Again....what in my statement suggested that I would support gun control?

There IS a problem in NYC and most/many democrat controlled cities.....specifically POPO violating rights of citizens and in some cases killing them without just cause......as well as the inverse.....citizens killing officers seemingly in retaliation

"I support no policeman's natural right to life
as long as any policeman acts thuggish".

I was pointing out your logical fallacy without respect to any position one way or the other. Personally I think both positions (yours and Roadglide) are at extremes but regardless, using fallacies are never a helpful way to argue a position.

Again....what in my statement suggested that I would support gun control?
  • Mayor wants moar gun control "to protect police from getting shot".
    • =>
  • Well, police had it comin'.
Not sure if that reaction is:
  1. Objectively pro-gun control?
  2. Objectively anti-gun control?
  3. Utterly neutral?
  4. Utterly neutral, yet somehow on-point?
I'm not here to beat you up if you strayed off-topic,
since I do that enough. Just saying I wuz thrown.

There IS a problem in NYC and most/many democrat controlled cities.....specifically POPO violating rights of citizens and in some cases killing them without just cause......as well as the inverse.....citizens killing officers seemingly in retaliation
I'm unaware of any incidents so far of cops getting shot
in the act of enforcing mask mandates, racially profiling,
or whatever other aggressions put a hair up The Peoples' collective grommets.

Plenty of criminals committing crimes they think they can get away with -
not precisely guerilla warfare against unprotected targets of opportunity.

Hardly Go Time.

Is the most recent stage of collapse of the criminal justice system
"Soros"'s recognition that funding do-nothing prosecutors
allows criminals to do all the heavy lifting in destroying society
(as battlefield prep for a full government takeover),
without the risk of putting them directly on the payroll?

• Mayor wants moar gun control "to protect police from getting shot".
    • =>
  • Well, police had it comin'.
Not sure if that reaction is:
  1. Objectively pro-gun control?
  2. Objectively anti-gun control?
  3. Utterly neutral?
  4. Utterly neutral, yet somehow on-point?
I'm not here to beat you up if you strayed off-topic,
since I do that enough. Just saying I wuz thrown.

I'm unaware of any incidents so far of cops getting shot
in the act of enforcing mask mandates, racially profiling,
or whatever other aggressions put a hair up The Peoples' collective grommets.

Plenty of criminals committing crimes they think they can get away with -
not precisely guerilla warfare against unprotected targets of opportunity.

Hardly Go Time.

Is the most recent stage of collapse of the criminal justice system
"Soros"'s recognition that funding do-nothing prosecutors
allows criminals to do all the heavy lifting in destroying society
(as battlefield prep for a full government takeover),
without the risk of putting them directly on the payroll?

Did you recently get vaxxed?

Did you recently get vaxxed?
[rolleyes]

I was pointing out your logical fallacy without respect to any position one way or the other. Personally I think both positions (yours and Roadglide) are at extremes but regardless, using fallacies are never a helpful way to argue a position.
Pray tell, what is my "position"?

[rolleyes]

Pray tell, what is my "position"?

You feeling okay today, bud? Just in one of those moods?

Either in your last eight posts you’ve said enough meaningful things for us to understand your position or you haven’t, in which case that would mean all your posts are pointless and akin to trolling.

Real talk when is Kyle gonna win his half billion or more dollars in civil court like the Covington High kid did?
Nick Sandmann (aka "Covington kid") so far has settled out of court each time; rumor has it that after paying off the lawyers, he didn't even get 1% of the original "millions" sought.

Nick Sandmann (aka "Covington kid") so far has settled out of court each time; rumor has it that after paying off the lawyers, he didn't even get 1% of the original "millions" sought.

Legal Insurrection group has followed this case closely. Here was their take over the NBC settlement. Most is speculation, of course.

I doubt the rumors, not that you heard them. There are laws and percentages that even the worst ambulance chasing lawyer has to abide by when a client wins.

Fee Arrangements—What Will a Defamation Lawyer Cost?

When thinking about hiring an attorney, the first question on everyone's mind is usually, "What's it going to cost me?" Generally, attorneys that represent plaintiffs (the person who was harmed) in defamation cases work on a contingency fee basis.

This means if you receive a defamation settlement, or if your defamation lawsuit goes to trial and you receive a judgment in your favor, the attorney will receive a percentage of the net recovery (usually after the attorney is reimbursed for costs). Typically, this is between 25% and 40%, depending upon when the case resolves. For example, often an attorney will charge 25% if the case resolves before a defamation lawsuit is filed, 33% if the case resolves before trial, and 40% i.a trial needs to be held. Learn more about how contingency fees work.

If you are a defendant in a defamation case, it's likely the attorney will request to be paid hourly. In this situation, the attorney will send you an itemized bill each month reflecting the number of hours he or she worked on your case, and an itemized list of the expenses incurred. This type of fee arrangement will also likely be coupled with a retainer, or an advance fee to secure the attorney's services.

"Costs" in a Defamation Case

If you are a plaintiff, a big advantage in hiring a lawyer is that the firm will usually pay most, if not all, of the litigation costs. Defamation cases can be very expensive because they are very fact-driven. So, a lot of time and money will be spent in building evidence through investigation, depositions, and interrogatories.

In addition, a plaintiff in a defamation case may have to prove "actual" damages suffered with respect to his or her property, business, trade, profession or occupation, including any expenses the plaintiff had to pay as a result of the defamatory statements. Providing a monetary figure to value the harm to your reputation or business can be difficult. Usually, you will have to hire an expert witness to come up with this figure. Expert witnesses can be costly, especially if they have to testify at trial. An attorney will usually cover these costs. But remember, if there is a judgment or settlement in your favor, the attorney will be reimbursed for these costs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom