'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res

What if you own a house in NH?
ggboy

You should switch your permanent residence to NH as your vote means more up here and then you can buy and own what you want. The bad news is you need to leave them in NH.

Last edited:
You could buy a long gun in NH before this passed. You could not, and can not, buy a hand gun in NH unless you are a NH resident. That is determined by federal law, not state law.

I think a MA resident can purchase a handgun in NH. However, in order to take possession of the handgun, the purchaser MUST have the handgun sent to a FFL in MA, where the purchaser will pay a transfer fee, assuming said FFL has already agreed to transfer the handgun. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think a MA resident can purchase a handgun in NH. However, in order to take possession of the handgun, the purchaser MUST have the handgun sent to a FFL in MA, where the purchaser will pay a transfer fee, assuming said FFL has already agreed to transfer the handgun. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You are NOT wrong.

Thank god this passed, while getting the non res permit in itself wasnt really that hard, maintaining all my range memberships, state licenses, federal licenses, NFA paperwork and paying fees, its becoming too much.the fact they charge me $100 twice, once for LTC once for machine gun license is just criminal, double taxing me to excersise a right.

Ill be happy to be armed when driving with all my gear to the NES shoots, not that NH is very dangerous.

You are correct. You can buy a handgun from ANY state and have it shipped and transferred in to a MA FFL that will accept the transfer.

You are correct. You can buy a handgun from ANY state and have it shipped and transferred in to a MA FFL that will accept the transfer.

As long as its legal under MA law for him to transfer it to you. (The Lists) I know thats what you were saying, just clarifying that its a legal thing and a MA thing, not a business decision or a Fed thing.

The AG's list which I think is unpublished (may be wrong) and the EOPSS list, link below.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/firearms-reg-and-laws/frb/approved-rosters/

As long as its legal under MA law for him to transfer it to you. (The Lists) I know thats what you were saying, just clarifying that its a legal thing and a MA thing, not a business decision or a Fed thing.

The AG's list which I think is unpublished (may be wrong) and the EOPSS list, link below.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/firearms-reg-and-laws/frb/approved-rosters/

That's actually not true. But this has been discussed extensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted my NH non-resident permit a few weeks ago, and is in process. Is this now not necessary to carry in NH ?
The reason I applied for NH, is obviously to travel to NH, but also PA.

I submitted my NH non-resident permit a few weeks ago, and is in process. Is this now not necessary to carry in NH ?
The reason I applied for NH, is obviously to travel to NH, but also PA.

If you can't carry in PA with the MA license, but you can with the NH non-resident license, then getting the NH non-resident license would still make sense for you.

If you can't carry in PA with the MA license, but you can with the NH non-resident license, then getting the NH non-resident license would still make sense for you.

The NH/PA licensing issue goes back and forth. PA State Police and the PA AG go back and forth on if the NH non-res license is accepted. I think right now they're saying that they will accept it, but the safest thing to do is to get the PA non-resident license if you want to carry in PA. The benefit to the NH license is, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that you don't have a duty to inform if pulled over while carrying in NH, whereas if you're relying on constitutional carry you have a duty to inform.

PA license only cost $20, and if you're traveling in PA it takes between 15 minutes and an hour at the sheriff's office of a county that will issue a non-resident permit.

The benefit to the NH license is, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that you don't have a duty to inform if pulled over while carrying in NH, whereas if you're relying on constitutional carry you have a duty to inform
New Hampshire is not a duty to inform state.

As for other benefits, see earlier in the thread, and the other discussion on the NH license and the Federal [thread=320986]GFSZA[/thread].

Last edited:
Violent crimes down in Manchester compared to a year ago

July 09, 2017 - Violent crimes, which include homicide, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault, has dropped 9 percent. Cases of robbery have decreased by 22 percent versus last year (107 to 83), while aggravated assault cases have decreased by 4 percent (206 to 198). Homicide cases remain the same, with one reported case over the first six months of both years. Property crimes, including burglary, larceny/theft, motor vehicle theft and arson, are down 8 percent. According to Willard’s data, burglary has decreased 10 percent (245 to 220), while larceny and theft are down 11 percent (1,295 to 1,156) and arson down 25 percent (16 to 12 cases). There are two exceptions in the statistics. The number of forcible rape cases in Manchester has increased 2 percent — from 46 incidents to 47. The number of reported motor vehicle thefts is up 44 percent, from 72 reported thefts over the first half of 2016 to 104 vehicles reported stolen through June 30 this year. Police Chief Nick Willard credits the overall downward trend to several initiatives put forth by his department.
http://www.unionleader.com/crime/Chief-Violent-crimes-down-in-Manchester-07102017

July 09, 2017 - Violent crimes, which include homicide, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault, has dropped 9 percent. Cases of robbery have decreased by 22 percent versus last year (107 to 83), while aggravated assault cases have decreased by 4 percent (206 to 198). Homicide cases remain the same, with one reported case over the first six months of both years. Property crimes, including burglary, larceny/theft, motor vehicle theft and arson, are down 8 percent. According to Willard’s data, burglary has decreased 10 percent (245 to 220), while larceny and theft are down 11 percent (1,295 to 1,156) and arson down 25 percent (16 to 12 cases). There are two exceptions in the statistics. The number of forcible rape cases in Manchester has increased 2 percent — from 46 incidents to 47. The number of reported motor vehicle thefts is up 44 percent, from 72 reported thefts over the first half of 2016 to 104 vehicles reported stolen through June 30 this year. Police Chief Nick Willard credits the overall downward trend to several initiatives put forth by his department.
http://www.unionleader.com/crime/Chief-Violent-crimes-down-in-Manchester-07102017

Wait.....I thought blood was going to flood in the streets if the Constitutional Carry bill passed....huh. [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom