'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res

Whoever is responsible for updating amendment text on Legiscan is a slacker

Back on January 19th, Senate Democrats offered (and were defeated on) two amendments to address flaws in SB 12. Bette Lasky (D-Nashua) introduced an amendment to "require background checks for gun owners applying for concealed carry permits". I'd like to see the text (Sen. Lasky Floor Amendment 0064s and Sen. Watters Floor Amendment 0029s), just for chuckles.

Anybody know the details of the two failed attempted amendments? Legiscan has just the votes, not the text.

HB84 does away with the loaded rifles in vehicle BS. This bill has passed the committee unanimously HOWEVER there was an amendment. I have not been able to find out what that amendment said since there is nothing available online yet for the bill.
Definitely want to see what the amendment says, still no update online.

Anybody know the details of the two failed attempted amendments? Legiscan has just the votes, not the text.

Those are finally up (they were blank PDFs for a while for some reason) - http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bil...n=&txtsessionyear=2017&txtbillnumber=sb12&q=1

Watters' amendment tried to tack on some nervous-nellie language about RSA 207:7; unnecessary, as discussed above.

Lasky's was a complete replacement of SB12's language with the so-called universal background checks bill, AKA the "already partly redundant to existing RSAs and solves no actual problem NH experiences but if you sell a gun to your friend you'll go to jail because it's written so poorly and has so little fit with existing NH law that you will never know if you're compliant even if you wanted to be" bill. That's the bill's short title. [wink]

Why feel bad? The best case scenario is the NRA stays the hell away from this.

I imagined my intent was clear -- that the email blast providing a call to action to the broader audience of those who have never seen NES, heard of NHFC, or know what is going on in Concord, might have been useful -- but perhaps I was not clear.

Again good luck.

Every member who lives in MA, but who comes to visit NH should be all over supporting this bill.
1. It will save you the renewal fees
2. It will make one more state near MA that has adopted Constitutional Carry, meaning VT, ME and NH would have all passed CC and almost 1/2 of the states in New England would be free. Time to work on RI, MA, CT and NY.

Just for the record - NY is not part of New England, so it would be 1/2 of the six New England sates.

Just for the record - NY is not part of New England, so it would be 1/2 of the six New England sates.

While I agree that NY is not part of New England, maybe we should draw the boundries of New England with just ME, NH and VT and then 100% of New England would be free to carry in.

PA is much better and the states to the south and west. This would leave NJ, NY, MA, CT and RI and those states could be "New Statistville", or is that "#FreeLunchVille"... or worse yet, "New Chicago".

God willing we can start to move some of our freedoms South and west to those states.
:)

Last edited:
Here is the roll call breakdown. Looks like party lines.

68b020f8c85a138b464a5e14c717c2a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It's really annoying to see one of the people on this committee list is from my town and vote No. I emailed all my reps (including the one who vote No) and told them how I would like them to vote. One who agreed with me wrote back and said he would be happy to. The others didn't respond at all. I looked up the one No voter and of course, they are from Rhode Island. Barf.

Oof. I've sent out 100 e-mails today to every rep in Cheshire & Hillsborough Counties. I've got to figure out a way to blast these e-mails. [smile]

I was pleasantly surprised to get replies back almost immediately from 2 of my local reps who said they'd vote to pass.

2011-02-18_nhfc_banner_blue_white_email.jpg

Dear Gun owner,

We are close, but not quite there yet, Constitutional Carry still needs your help to become the law in New Hampshire.

It is vitally important that you to do three things for me so that together, we can get SB 12 enacted into law:

1) Please contact your State Representatives and urge them to support SB 12 without any amendments or changes. Click here for contact information for all New Hampshire State Representatives. Tell your Representatives that you will rely upon the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition to keep you informed of their voting record.

2) Please try to attend the Thursday, February 9, 10 AM session of the House of Representatives to show your support for SB 12.

3) Click here for contact information for Governor Chris Sununu. Please contact the Governor and let him know that you support SB 12, Constitutional Carry. This is very important, our enemies are attempting to flood his office with calls and he needs to hear from firearms owners.

A gun ban organization that calls itself, "Everytown for Gun Safety" has run a newspaper ad calling for the defeat of SB 12. These out of state gun ban activists spent at least $5300 (maybe more) on a full page ad in the Sunday News designed and intended to take away your rights. I need your help to defeat these out of state gun ban elites.

I prefer to call them "Everytown for Gun Bans" because they have supported virtually every anti-gun bill introduced in every state in at least the past 2 years. Here's what you need to know about Everytown:

They are based in New York City, home to some of the most repressive, anti-gun laws in America. For instance, a resident must have a government license just to purchase and keep a firearm in their home. We are credibly informed that these licenses cost close to $1000 and must be renewed every few years. Virtually all modern semi-automatic firearms are prohibited and concealed carry licenses are impossible to obtain for all but the super wealthy.

According to the New Hampshire Secretary of State, Everytown for Gun Safety has four New York City based lobbyists and three in state lobbyists, all working overtime to kill SB 12, Constitutional Carry and to try to pass the Voting Gun Ban, HB 350 and Sell a gun to a friend, GO TO JAIL, HB 201.

These New Yorkers have not learned from the failed experiment of gun bans in New York City and they are trying export them to New Hampshire. New York City has more in common with Communist China or the former Soviet Union than America. Don't let them destroy New Hampshire.

SARAH HIGGINBOTHAM
SAMUEL P. LEVY
JASMINE NEARS BIESINGER
AMY BRADLEY
EVERYTOWN FOR GUN SAFETY ACTION FUND
PO BOX 4184
NEW YORK, NY 10163

JAMES M. DEMERS
THOMAS R. PRASOL
ROBERT P. BLAISDELL
DEMERS BLAISDELL & PRASOL
72 N MAIN ST STE 301
CONCORD, NH 03301

Click here to see the New Hampshire Secretary of State's list of registered lobbyists. Do you do business with any of the other clients of these gun ban lobbyists? Call them and complain that their lobbyist is working to destroy New Hampshire and make it like New York City. Next time the New Hampshire Police Association or the NH Troopers Association ask you for a donation tell them you cannot donate since they retained DEMERS BLAISDELL & PRASOL as lobbyists. If you receive a mailing from the Alzheimers Association asking for a donation you should use their postage paid envelope to write them a note telling them you cannot donate because they employ DEMERS BLAISDELL & PRASOL. Tell them no matter how good their work is, you do not want your donation used to push for gun bans.

If we fail to fight back these gun ban elites will make New Hampshire just like New York. Complete with gun and magazine bans, waiting periods and an almost complete ban on concealed carry.

I am confident, that even though these high priced, out of town gun ban lobbyists are working overtime to destroy New Hampshire, that you, the Grassroots Gun Owners outnumber them and will fight back; HARD!

Click here for contact information for all New Hampshire State Representatives. Tell your State Representatives that you want them to pass SB 12 without any amendments or changes.

Then, click here to send an email to all members of the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee urging them to vote HB 350, the voting gun ban, Inexpedient to Legislate, (ITL). HB 350 was heard by the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee on January 24, 2017. An Executive Session has been scheduled for Tuesday, February 7.

Please do not delay, these State Representatives need to hear from you NOW!

Thanks for your support.

27098092-bffd-4cf6-9f70-69202f21b34e.jpg

Alan M. Rice
Vice President & Training Director - NHFC

P.S. The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is working tirelessly to keep gun owners like you up-to-date on as many gun issues as possible -- please consider contributing to the effort by chipping in $15 or $20.

Click here to support NHFC by purchasing one of our custom rifles.

Was this email forwarded to you? Click here to go to our home page and sign up for legislative alerts.

Not an NHFC Member? Click here to join.

The "hidden, loaded guns" line is so overplayed by the MDA/Everytown clowns that it almost sounds like a joke.

That phrase is basically begging you to research wtf a "hidden, loaded gun" really is. [lol]

Guys,
Those ads in the general public will do two things.
1. They will get people to call and this may move some votes the wrong way. Do NOT underestimate the ability of OUT OF STATE money to buy votes!!!! Those ads may have cost upwards of $6,000
http://www.unionleader.com/article/99999999/ADVERTISING/151009372

2. This is how they are building a contact list of names for the next firearms related fight. Email the alert above to your friends and let them know that SB12 is the closest it has even been to passing and we need everyone on the field helping to get this passed. We are at the one yard line and we need to get this bill passed.

Lastly. MDA has scheduled a protest and will be at the state house in large numbers on Thursday. We need to do the same.

There will be another alert coming out shortly on this. Please foward and have people sign the petition. All petitions signed by 7am on Thursday will be turned into the House Leadership (Speaker)
Image below modified and used under fair use policies. Credit to Foxsports for the image and the broadcast last night! Well done Pats!

-Design

Down to the wire Super bowl 51-sb12-v2.jpg

Any word on this bill getting Hohenwartered or otherwise sabotaged by the NRA?

The NRA is supporting the bill this time. The local activists and NH gun owners complain enough about prior actions, that they joined us. The issue is an out of state group who has dropped more than $200,000 into New Hampshire pushing for NYC city [AKA Russian/Nazi] style gun control. $130K against Avard in the elections, over $40K in lobbying fees last year and they have a number of higher priced lobbyists on the payroll this year. They are spending big bucks running ads on the the Union Leader.

Consider getting your friends to sign up on NHFC alert system. The bigger the list, the better we are prepared to fight this out of state gun confiscation group. Everyone has a friend that loves guns, make sure those friends are engaged [no pun intended] in this fight.

http://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/petitions/2016-constitutional-carry-petition/?s_id=nes1

-design

2011-02-18_nhfc_banner_blue_white_email.jpg

Dear Gun owner,

Over the weekend I sent you an email to tell you that Constitutional Carry still needs your help to become the law in New Hampshire. In case you missed it, we put it on our website. If you have already taken action, thank you! If not, please read below to see what you can do to help us enact Constitutional Carry.

On Sunday, I told you about the New York City based lobbyists who are working overtime to STOP, Constitutional Carry and to pass the voter gun ban, HB 350.

It is very important that you to do four things for me so that together, we can get SB 12 enacted into law and stop the voter gun ban:

1) Forward this email to your friends and family members who own firearms, we need everyone on our team aware of what is going on. We need your help, the grassroots gun owners to get this bill across the finish line!

2) Please contact your State Representatives and urge them to support SB 12 without any amendments or changes. Then, contact Governor Chris Sununu and let him know that you support SB 12, Constitutional Carry. This is very important, our enemies are attempting to flood his office with calls and he needs to hear from firearms owners.Tell your Representatives and Governor Sununu that you will rely upon the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition to keep you informed of their actions on SB 12, Constitutional Carry.

3) After you do your part to help pass Constitutional Carry, please click here to send an email to all members of the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee urging them to vote HB 350, the voting gun ban, Inexpedient to Legislate, (ITL). HB 350 was heard by the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee on January 24, 2017. An Executive Session has been scheduled for Tuesday, February 7.

4) Please try to attend the Thursday, February 9, 10 AM session of the House of Representatives to show your support for SB 12.

I told you that a gun ban organization that calls itself, "Everytown for Gun Safety" ran a newspaper ad calling for the defeat of SB 12. We recently learned that they have doubled down and are also running online ads. The New Hampshire Political Buzz has refuted the lies being told in these ads.

If we lose this fight we have only ourselves to blame because we outnumber these out of state gun ban activists. I have been involved in firearms civil rights issues for many years and 2017 is the first time in my memory that ALL firearms organizations in New Hampshire are in complete agreement. Gun Owners of New Hampshire, Pro Gun New Hampshire, The Women's Defense League and The New Hampshire Wildlife Federation ALL support SB 12, Constitutional Carry as well as our national partners at the National Rifle Association and Gun Owners of America. Please do your part.

Do not delay, Governor Sununu and your State Representatives need to hear from you, NOW! Please deliver this simple message:

The right to own, carry and use firearms for self defense is a Constitutionally protected civil right and should not end when a person puts on a coat. The founders did not contemplate citizens groveling to public officials to exercise that right. That is a twentieth century creation. SB 12 is really a simple bill that does not deserve the controversy it is receiving, it merely says that if a person may lawfully own a firearm, they can carry the same firearm concealed. Period. There is really nothing more to it! Please enact SB 12 into law without any amendments or changes.

Thanks for your support,

27098092-bffd-4cf6-9f70-69202f21b34e.jpg

Alan M. Rice
Vice President & Training Director - NHFC

P.S. The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is working tirelessly to keep gun owners like you up-to-date on as many gun issues as possible -- please consider contributing to the effort by chipping in $15 or $20.

Click here to support NHFC by purchasing one of our custom rifles.

Was this email forwarded to you? Click here to go to our home page and sign up for legislative alerts.

Not an NHFC Member? Click here to join.

Inside rumor is a member of leadership is trying to derail this effort with a floor amendment. Looking to find out more information now.
-design

Big Snowstorm coming on Thursday. It's gonna be an all day event. Call your reps and tell them you expect them to show up and vote. If they sound hesitant, offer to drive them there and pick them up in your 4x4/AWD vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom