'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res

Any news on HB 350?

- - - Updated - - -

I am hearing that the bill might not come up next week (2/9), keep up the pressure.
Find your friends, get them to send an email to the their rep asking for this bill to be on the house floor ASAP.

-design

What is your feeling as to what the holdup is? Reps against the bill dragging their feet?

God bless you guys for being there. I was stuck in central MA having my girl's sutures removed & first round of PT for her ripped CCL.

Petition was signed ahead of time & I would love to be there for the next round if necessary.

By the way, not to get OT, but she's doing great & should be back to running & jumping in another 6 - 8 weeks.

Carry on.

Is there a way of watching a video of the hearing online?

From the state, no. However a good man has recorded the entire hearing and uploaded it to youtube. Please like and subscribe to his channel for more videos from the NH legislature.

[video=youtube_share;ICv8c_nqDr4]http://youtu.be/ICv8c_nqDr4[/video]

From the state, no. However a good man has recorded the entire hearing and uploaded it to youtube. Please like and subscribe to his channel for more videos from the NH legislature.

[video=youtube_share;ICv8c_nqDr4]http://youtu.be/ICv8c_nqDr4[/video]

Thanks, Solo. [thumbsup]

The applause at the end of that vid is awesome. The people that spoke against... amazing how these progressives/liberals always look the same...

At 57:28 the Chief of Wilton speaks as a representative of the NH Chiefs of Police Association. Normally this would be a bad thing as they have always been against the bill. HOWEVER, this time they expressed support for the concept of Constitutional Carry. They still has a gripe with the bill of course, but this is the first time to my knowledge that they have supported the concept. This is huge.

In your emails to your reps, you can make the point that the NH Chiefs Association support constitutional carry.

- - - Updated - - -

Also at the end a former rep, Joe Hannon speaks and makes the point that due to the SCOTUS decision Haynes v. US, the permit literally only applies to law abiding people since by applying for the permit a prohibited person is self incriminating themselves.

At 57:28 the Chief of Wilton speaks as a representative of the NH Chiefs of Police Association. Normally this would be a bad thing as they have always been against the bill. HOWEVER, this time they expressed support for the concept of Constitutional Carry. They still has a gripe with the bill of course, but this is the first time to my knowledge that they have supported the concept. This is huge.

In your emails to your reps, you can make the point that the NH Chiefs Association support constitutional carry.

- - - Updated - - -

Also at the end a former rep, Joe Hannon speaks and makes the point that due to the SCOTUS decision Haynes v. US, the permit literally only applies to law abiding people since by applying for the permit a prohibited person is self incriminating themselves.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Chiefs testimony knowing their past history. What is their concern about the law as written? He never said what it was.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Chiefs testimony knowing their past history. What is their concern about the law as written? He never said what it was.

Suddenly, this year, the rep of the association says they don't like the use of the term "firearm" in it as they feel it might undermine the long arms in vehicles RSA.

Last year they were against the bill, but it passed and was vetoed. This year they are for it - the exact same bill - but claim they don't like just one word in it. Pass it again, as-is, please. We can work out the sky-will-fall-over-one-detail-they-failed-to-mention-last-year later.

Suddenly, this year, the rep of the association says they don't like the use of the term "firearm" in it as they feel it might undermine the long arms in vehicles RSA.

Last year they were against the bill, but it passed and was vetoed. This year they are for it - the exact same bill - but claim they don't like just one word in it. Pass it again, as-is, please. We can work out the sky-will-fall-over-one-detail-we-failed-to-mention-last-year later.

Crap!!! I was hoping we were going to be able to slip the IWB Howitzer past them. [wink]

I find it funny that right after the police say they aren't opposing it, a MDA person comes up and uses the "police can't do their jobs with armed civilians".

I find it funny that right after the police say they aren't opposing it, a MDA person comes up and uses the "police can't do their jobs with armed civilians".

Yeah...the MDA wasn't doing themselves any favors yesterday by putting those speakers up.

Ahhh, that makes sense. I couldn't figure his beef with the word firearm. Would this in effect kill that RSA?

Ahhh, that makes sense. I couldn't figure his beef with the word firearm. Would this in effect kill that RSA?

I don't think so. It says. "The availability of a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver under this section or under any other provision of law shall not be construed to impose a prohibition on the unlicensed transport or carry of a firearm in a vehicle..." but the prohibition on loaded long arms is unrelated to the availability of a license to carry. There is a reason there is a wholly separate bill, HB84, up to undo that provision.

Grasping at straws is, I think, a fair description of the reading.

Also in regards to the Chief's association and their wording, another person mentioned that there is nothing in the current law that prohibits a licensed individual from concealing a long gun. I am glad that the chiefs association doesn't oppose the bill though.

2011-02-18_nhfc_banner_blue_white_email.jpg
Dear Gun owner,

I have good news and bad news. First the good news:

In case you missed Alan's email here's a recap. On February 1, the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee voted 12-8 on the motion of "ought to pass" for SB 12, Constitutional Carry. This means that SB 12 the Constitutional Carry bill now moves to the full House of Representatives for Consideration. SB 12 will be considered by the full House of Representatives on Thursday, February 9. It is not to soon to start contacting State Representatives and urging them to vote Yes on the expected motion of "ought to pass".

Click here for contact information for all New Hampshire State Representatives.

Sample email to Representatives:

Dear Representative:

Please vote SB 12, Constitutional Carry “ought to pass” without any amendments. This important legislation restores the Constitutional rights of New Hampshire citizens by removing the requirement to obtain a license to carry a concealed handgun. A person should not lose their Constitutional rights because they put on a coat and conceal a gun.

Thank you for your consideration.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the bad news:

Last week we told you about HB 350, the voting gun ban.

This dangerous bill makes it a Class B Felony to possess a firearm while voting. That's right, Rep. Wayne Burton equates carrying a gun with aggravated assault! This is an outrage.

HB 350 was heard by the
House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee on January 24, 2017. We learned today that an Executive Session has been scheduled for Tuesday, February 7. Please click here to send an email to all members of the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee urging them to vote HB 350 Inexpedient to Legislate, (ITL).

Thanks for your support.

In Liberty,

NHFC_Scott_Krauss_Signature9c720c888111.1.1.1.png

Scott A. Krauss
President - NHFC

P.S. The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is working tirelessly to keep gun owners like you up-to-date on as many gun issues as possible -- please consider contributing to the effort by chipping in $15 or $20.

Click here to support NHFC by purchasing one of our custom rifles.

Was this email forwarded to you? Click here to go to our home page and sign up for legislative alerts.

Not an NHFC Member? Click here to join.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. Post number "777" and it is on the very real possibility of CC passing this year! :)

Last year they were against the bill, but it passed and was vetoed. This year they are for it - the exact same bill - but claim they don't like just one word in it. Pass it again, as-is, please. We can work out the sky-will-fall-over-one-detail-they-failed-to-mention-last-year later.

Crap!!! I was hoping we were going to be able to slip the IWB Howitzer past them. [wink]

HB84 does away with the loaded rifles in vehicle BS. This bill has passed the committee unanimously HOWEVER there was an amendment. I have not been able to find out what that amendment said since there is nothing available online yet for the bill.

HB84 does away with the loaded rifles in vehicle BS. This bill has passed the committee unanimously HOWEVER there was an amendment. I have not been able to find out what that amendment said since there is nothing available online yet for the bill.

Is the a stand alone thread for this? Do you think there should be?

Glad I didn't actually go after reading these updates... The absolute stupidity of the anti's would drive my blood pressure through the roof.

That goes with the territory. On a related note, I talked briefly with Josh McElven from WMUR after the hearing and he commented that he thought the turnout would be bigger. Optics matter.

It would be great if the amendment kills 215-A:20. Without that fixing 207:7 will have no practical effect.

Glad I didn't actually go after reading these updates... The absolute stupidity of the anti's would drive my blood pressure through the roof.

If the people going against, don't like it then they can ****ing MOVE out of NH... I do wonder, though, how many of them are actually from MA, NY, or other [screaming] moonbat havens.

I thought it would too but in reality, it would've been comedic if they weren't so woefully ignorant. Their arguments were so full of holes and held no water. One commenter heard someone snicker at one of her comments and it pretty much reduced her to tears after she reprimanded the room about how rude it was to laugh.

Last edited:
It would be great if the amendment kills 215-A:20. Without that fixing 207:7 will have no practical effect.

Don't you have that backwards? 207:7 is more encompassing than 215-A:20. So while loaded long guns on OHRV's and their trailers would still be prohibited, all other vehicles would no longer have the same prohibition.

Don't you have that backwards? 207:7 is more encompassing than 215-A:20. So while loaded long guns on OHRV's and their trailers would still be prohibited, all other vehicles would no longer have the same prohibition.

You're right. Still would be good to have all vehicles fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are right. The last 2 times they were against. Not sure what changed other than the passage of time.

I felt bad for you guys that the NRA-ILA weekly email blast came out Friday night with no mention of this. I am sure you would not have minded a wider audience being prompted to call their Rep prior to the vote.

They did however add a story about HB 350 and HB 201 to the website, but that also failed to make the email.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...regious-anti-gun-bills-in-committee-next-week

I wish you all the best of luck with the roll vote. [thumbsup]

I felt bad for you guys that the NRA-ILA weekly email blast came out Friday night with no mention of this. I am sure you would not have minded a wider audience being prompted to call their Rep prior to the vote.

They did however add a story about HB 350 and HB 201 to the website, but that also failed to make the email.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...regious-anti-gun-bills-in-committee-next-week

I wish you all the best of luck with the roll vote. [thumbsup]

Why feel bad? The best case scenario is the NRA stays the hell away from this.

so in short this means that if i can CC carry in MA I can also CC in nh without having to apply for the NH license?

Thansk

Every member who lives in MA, but who comes to visit NH should be all over supporting this bill.
1. It will save you the renewal fees
2. It will make one more state near MA that has adopted Constitutional Carry, meaning VT, ME and NH would have all passed CC and almost 1/2 of the states in New England would be free. Time to work on RI, MA, CT and NY.

Back
Top Bottom