'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res

Hey Design, you seem to have a good working knowledge of the legislation, could you answer a question for me?

I was at an event in MA last night and a good friend who has been asking about constitutional carry in NH wanted to know if it would apply to MA residents or would they still be on the hook for the 100 dollar out of state resident license fee?

The bill as introduced and passed by the Senate restores the right to carry a firearm concealed for all law abiding citizens who are not prohibited persons. This would allow a MA resident the ability to carry in NH without applying for an out of state license.

This is why the MA gun owners should be involved in this legislative fight, especially if you own property up here.

$100 invested in this battle is a good investment for all of us.

Two critical issues:
1. Tomorrow the NH House will be voting to change the House rules to require training to carry a firearm. This is being pushed by the same Bloomberg funded anti-gun crowd pushing other amendments and anti-gun bills. This needs to be stopped. Call your rep tonight!

2. SB12 has a hearing on 2/1 at 10am. We need everyone there!

-design

[edit]

2017 Constitutional Carry petition: NHFC will print out and turn these petitions in for people who cannot make the hearing: If you can make it, it would be better.
http://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/petitions/2016-constitutional-carry-petition/?s_id=nes1

Last edited:
Bump again.

Yes I know it is short notice. I blame leadership for fast tracking it. But they have good reason to. To make it harder for the anti's to organize.

The NY liberals have hired a wicked expensive lobbying firm (Demers and Blaisdell) to bully and scare the reps on the committee. We need EVERYONE there on Wednesday 2/1 at 10am in Reps hall (seats 400 people). Be there at 9am to get a prime spot on the testimony list.

everyone.gif

Take a sick day, vacation day, hell take it unpaid. Find a way to be there AND testify. At the very bare minimum sign the damn blue sheet.

Lets get reps hall filled with 400 pro 2A citizens.

If you live in Mass, come on up. You are literally saving $100.

This is NOT a gimme.

Also call and email the committee members. Below is a list.

R Welch David 642-4402 [email protected]
R Sapareto Frank 894-7083 [email protected]
R Burt John 624-5084 [email protected]
R Fesh Robert 434-1550 [email protected]
R Fields Dennis 528-6224 [email protected]
R Gagne Larry 625-9692 [email protected]
R Gargasz Carolyn 465-7463 [email protected]
R Green Dennis 234-7776 [email protected]
R Ham Bonnie 348-7408 [email protected]
R McNally Jody 330-7655 [email protected]
R Testerman Dave 320-9524 [email protected]
R Wallace Scott 642-6379 [email protected]
D Berube Roger 692-5653 [email protected]
D Burridge Delmar 352-5363 [email protected]
D Chandley Shannon 672-6540 [email protected]
D Cushing Renny 926-2737 [email protected]
D Murray Kate 501-8989 [email protected]
D O'Leary Richard 668-0069 [email protected]
D Opderbecke Linn 742-4119 [email protected]
D Pantelakos Laura 436-2148 [email protected]
D Rodd Beth 938-2692 [email protected]

Last edited:
The bill is about concealed carry, so concealed carry is best. The anti-gun radicals are looking for photo opportunities to push their agenda. A House full of people opening carrying would help their message.
NHLA has good information for coming to the state house to testify. I recommend reading this page and the one on how to testify.
-Design

http://www.nhliberty.org/decorum

Two critical issues:
1. Tomorrow the NH House will be voting to change the House rules to require training to carry a firearm. This is being pushed by the same Bloomberg funded anti-gun crowd pushing other amendments and anti-gun bills. This needs to be stopped. Call your rep tonight!

-design

[edit]

2017 Constitutional Carry petition: NHFC will print out and turn these petitions in for people who cannot make the hearing: If you can make it, it would be better.
http://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/petitions/2016-constitutional-carry-petition/?s_id=nes1

Spreading the petition around far and wide...

Any update on 1?

Two critical issues:

-design

[edit]

Any update on 1?

The House rule was tabled (killed 208 - 156). While not by a great margin, it was killed. In the future, it will need 2/3rds to get passed and that is unlikely.

The following dems voted correctly:
Bouldin, Amanda Democrat Hillsborough 12 Yea
Ellis, Donna Democrat Strafford 8 Yea
Gilman, Julie Democrat Rockingham 18 Yea
Rand, Steven Democrat Grafton 8 Yea
Theberge, Robert Democrat Coos 3 Yea

The following members took a walk and were not in the hall:
Bennett, Travis Democrat Grafton 8 Not Voting/Not Excused
Chandley, Shannon Democrat Hillsborough 22 Not Voting/Not Excused
deTreville, Andrew Democrat Merrimack 18 Not Voting/Not Excused
Gidge, Kenneth Democrat Hillsborough 33 Not Voting/Not Excused
Goley, Jeffrey Democrat Hillsborough 8 Not Voting/Not Excused
Katsiantonis, Thomas Democrat Hillsborough 15 Not Voting/Not Excused
Pearson, William Democrat Cheshire 16 Not Voting/Not Excused
Belanger, Ronald Republican Rockingham 8 Not Voting/Not Excused
DeSimone, Debra Republican Rockingham 14 Not Voting/Not Excused
Donovan, Daniel Republican Hillsborough 2 Not Voting/Not Excused
Friel, William Republican Rockingham 14 Not Voting/Not Excused
Osborne, Jason Republican Rockingham 4 Not Voting/Not Excused
Packard, Sherman Republican Rockingham 5 Not Voting/Not Excused
Polewarczyk, William Republican Rockingham 4 Not Voting/Not Excused

All of the other republicans supported the table motion to kill this rule change and all of the other dems supported this rule.

Roll call vote here, if you search by date. http://gencourt.state.nh.us/nhgcrollcalls/

NH ALERT: CON CARRY HEARING 2/1 AT 10AM IN REPS HALL!!!!!
BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bump again.

Yes I know it is short notice. I blame leadership for fast tracking it. But they have good reason to. To make it harder for the anti's to organize.

The NY liberals have hired a wicked expensive lobbying firm (Demers and Blaisdell) to bully and scare the reps on the committee. We need EVERYONE there on Wednesday 2/1 at 10am in Reps hall (seats 400 people). Be there at 9am to get a prime spot on the testimony list.

everyone.gif

Take a sick day, vacation day, hell take it unpaid. Find a way to be there AND testify. At the very bare minimum sign the damn blue sheet.

Lets get reps hall filled with 400 pro 2A citizens.

If you live in Mass, come on up. You are literally saving $100.

This is NOT a gimme.

Also call and email the committee members. Below is a list.

R Welch David 642-4402 [email protected]
R Sapareto Frank 894-7083 [email protected]
R Burt John 624-5084 [email protected]
R Fesh Robert 434-1550 [email protected]
R Fields Dennis 528-6224 [email protected]
R Gagne Larry 625-9692 [email protected]
R Gargasz Carolyn 465-7463 [email protected]
R Green Dennis 234-7776 [email protected]
R Ham Bonnie 348-7408 [email protected]
R McNally Jody 330-7655 [email protected]
R Testerman Dave 320-9524 [email protected]
R Wallace Scott 642-6379 [email protected]
D Berube Roger 692-5653 [email protected]
D Burridge Delmar 352-5363 [email protected]
D Chandley Shannon 672-6540 [email protected]
D Cushing Renny 926-2737 [email protected]
D Murray Kate 501-8989 [email protected]
D O'Leary Richard 668-0069 [email protected]
D Opderbecke Linn 742-4119 [email protected]
D Pantelakos Laura 436-2148 [email protected]
D Rodd Beth 938-2692 [email protected]

Unfortunately I'll be fired if I don't go to work this time. I will be sending to My reps.

I have put in for the day off for 2/1. My boss is very 2a so I don't foresee any problems. I will be a presence...one thing I am not is a public speaker but I will certainly help fill a seat. I'll even wear a tie. [grin]

EDIT: Day off approved!

Last edited:
There is another hearing scheduled at 1pm, so even a 1/2 day (morning) makes a huge difference. Please take the time to come.

BTW, "Everytown for gun confiscation" spent $30K on one lobbyist alone through just the 1/2 of 2016. The final year end report has not been published:
http://sos.nh.gov/lob072716NQ.aspx?id=8589964674

They also spent $130K trying to take out one Senator. We need people who want this to pass to be there. This is not a drill...
-Design

How does one get to the hall in the state house? Is there a place that we assemble before being let into the hall? If we don't plan on speaking, what time is best to get there? I'm asking because I have never been in the State house before, I'm almost embarrassed to say. I've lived in NH sixty years and this will be the first time.

Reps hall is on the second floor. There is a small room before the hall. This is where the blue sheet to indicate support will be as well as the pink sheet to sign up to speak.

If you want to speak get there at 9am. Otherwise you can get there at 10am and sign the blue sheet and listen to testimony in the rep seats

Reps hall is on the second floor. There is a small room before the hall. This is where the blue sheet to indicate support will be as well as the pink sheet to sign up to speak.

If you want to speak get there at 9am. Otherwise you can get there at 10am and sign the blue sheet and listen to testimony in the rep seats

Thanks for the info. I'm not planning on speaking but just being there to show my support. My boss gave me the day off. He wanted to be there too but he's not able to be.

Just to be sure I'm going to the right place if I'm able to make this. This hearing is being held at the State House in Concord, NH. Is that correct?

Please see the letter from NHFC. We need everyone to try and be there at this hearing. The biggest hurdle to this passing is this hearing and we, the gun owners in the state need to be there to express our desire for this bill to pass.

-Design

2011-02-18_nhfc_banner_blue_white_email.jpg

Dear Gun owner,

I know that Scott and I have been sending you a lot of email. But I'll be frank, we are concerned that many firearms owners are taking this issue for granted. Constitutional Carry will not become law until it passes the House of Representatives and the Governor signs SB 12 into law. We need your help to make that happen.

NHFC is only as strong as you, our Grassroots supporters, we are counting on you to help us make Constitutional Carry the law in New Hampshire.

SB 12 is a very important bill because it does much more than simply repealing the licensing requirement for those who wish to carry a concealed handgun instead of an exposed handgun.

SB 12 also corrects a 94 year old injustice in the law by removing the words "suitable person" and replacing them with: "unless the applicant is prohibited by New Hampshire or federal statute from possessing a firearm." This important change will instantly make it clear that anyone who may own a firearm, automatically qualifies for a license to carry one. The license will remain available for those people who might travel to one or more of the 27 states that honor a New Hampshire Resident pistol/revolver license.

We want to make absolutely certain that we have a strong showing on Wednesday for the hearing on SB 12, Constitutional Carry. Scott and I are not leaving anything to chance which is why I need to please do these three things:

1) The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is only as strong as you, the Grassroots Gun Owners. When I stand up to testify in support of SB 12, I need your presence in the hearing room to show the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee that there is strong support for Constitutional Carry.

Please attend the public hearing on February 1, 2017 at 10AM in Representatives Hall at the Statehouse. The hearing is scheduled from 10am-1pm, so if you cannot afford to take a full day away from work, just be there in the morning. You may either speak publicly in support of the bill or just sign the blue form in support of SB 12. Either one is fine, but please attend to show the legislature that there is a lot of grassroots support for Constitutional Carry. If you are able to attend, please dress respectfully and follow the rules of decorum that are an integral part of legislative proceedings.

2) Click here to email all members of the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee and urge them to vote SB 12, Constitutional Carry, "Ought to Pass" without ANY amendments or changes.

3) Please click here to sign our online petition supporting Constitutional Carry. Even if you have already contacted the committee or plan to attend the public hearing on February 1, please sign the petition anyway. We will print and deliver these petitions to the members of the General Court.

Scott and I will both be at the hearing on Wednesday. Please introduce yourself. We want to meet you.

Thanks for your support.

27098092-bffd-4cf6-9f70-69202f21b34e.jpg

Alan M. Rice
Vice President & Training Director - NHFC

P.S. The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is working tirelessly to keep gun owners like you up-to-date on as many gun issues as possible -- please consider contributing to the effort by chipping in $15 or $20.

Click here to support NHFC by purchasing one of our custom rifles.

Was this email forwarded to you? Click here to go to our home page and sign up for legislative alerts.

Not an NHFC Member? Click here to join.

Emails sent to the House committee. No response so far except from my CC'd Senator (John Reagan) who we can count on.

- - - Updated - - -

My Wednesday looks pretty good right now. Would love to go to Concord to speak in favor.

Doing my best to move mountains, and it is looking good.

Best thing everyone can do is tell a friend, tell a range buddy, etc that you are going and that this hearing is scheduled for Wednesday morning. The House did not give us much time to respond.

Even if you are going you should have them fill out this petition. The bigger the signed petition list is, the bigger the effect.
www.nhfc-ontarget.org/petitions/2016-constitutional-carry-petition/?s_id=nes2
-design

I absolutely can't be there unless I develop the ability to go 48 hours without sleep while still working and driving.

Emails sent and petition signed, though.

Everyone,
Go home, email or call 2 friends and make sure that they know about this hearing. I am still finding out that people do not know that this hearing is this week.

It matters. There is a known anti-gun vote on the committee and two squishy votes. We need to make sure that the two squishy votes go our way.
-design

I would suggest calling or emailing six or seven people, if not more. At least half of the people you contact won't be able to make it, so call as many people as you can to increase the chances of your other contacts attending the meeting.

No way for me to be there. Between actually needing to work for a living, plus going to cardiac rehab twice a week (Mon/Wed), I can't go.

Hoping that this gets passed all the way thru this time... Would be a nice '**** you' to hassan... [rofl2]

Back
Top Bottom