• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res

I have read thru most of this but didn't see this mentioned.
I'm just ust thinking out loud, as a MA resident, if I carry concealed in NH, I know I no longer need a NH non-resident permit to do so, but do all LEO's know this, or do I carry a copy of SB-12 with me at all times?

I'm just ust thinking out loud, as a MA resident, if I carry concealed in NH, I know I no longer need a NH non-resident permit to do so, but do all LEO's know this, or do I carry a copy of SB-12 with me at all times?
they know it, but do as you like.

sent from my phone

How sad is it that a MA person even needs to think about this??

Ok, so I am super paranoid, thanks to the ever changing laws of the Commonwealth.[grin]
Knowing that all I need to do is stub my toe the wrong way and my license could get revoked.
Or, maybe my son chews hid PB&J into the shape of a gun and I get indicted!
I really enjoy shooting and hunting and go to great lengths to insure my right to do so does not get revoked. Yes, the right to bear arms in MA treated as a privilege.
I just don't want to give them the rope to hang me.
As a MA gun owner, I am guilty until proven innocent.

Last edited:

Has nothing to do with being an MA person, ignorance of the laws is everywhere, although i agree theres this memetic downtrodden MA gun owner thing that goes on down here, its actually more sickening than the shitty laws are.

Isowanttonegrepyou,butIcan'tbringmyselftopunishyouduetoindoctrination.

****YOUFORUMSOFTWARE!

I can't tell if that was on purpose, but if it was, well done, sir.
It was well done. Not sure what angle you thought he put on it. Seems to me he used the term appropriately.

(and spot on, too)

...both in the older mimesis (imitative) meaning, and the newer (meme) meaning of it as a unit of culture that persists in its own right.

It was well done. Not sure what angle you thought he put on it. Seems to me he used the term appropriately.

(and spot on, too)

...both in the older mimesis (imitative) meaning, and the newer (meme) meaning of it as a unit of culture that persists in its own right.

I read it as meme + emetic = [puke2]

So, a three way!

Something like this... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memetics

Idea being; its like this fad for MA gun owners to whine and piss and moan about everything, and worry about everything.

-Mike

Dude. It was funny until you had to come along and explain it.

[video=youtube_share;LGXMBt64MVM]http://youtu.be/LGXMBt64MVM?t=1m58s[/video]

UFB

After reading a significant number of responses in this thread I wonder if we shouldnt have passed a law that repealed the need for a license and excluded Mass residents from it explicitly

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

He's being facetious- EG, the people asking the questions couldn't be bothered to look it up themselves (or were too stupid to believe it actually passed, or that it was complicated, which defeats the whole purpose of constitutional carry) so they don't deserve the free ride. [laugh]

-Mike

couldn't be bothered to look it up themselves

This is the most frustrating part of these thread posts. The text of the law has been posted 100 times in the multiple threads on this topic, and even if those posts are hard to find, a google search of SB12 takes you right to it. The language in the law is as black and white as a law can be, it is not saturated in gotcha's so just read the law yourself and remember then laws restrict, not grant. So if it is not prohibited by law, it is not illegal.

Take the responsibility to read and know the law yourself if you plan to go heeled, there is nothing in the law left to interpret and for Christ's sake, random dudes on the internet are not a good source for legal advice.

This is the most frustrating part of these thread posts. The text of the law has been posted 100 times in the multiple threads on this topic, and even if those posts are hard to find, a google search of SB12 takes you right to it. The language in the law is as black and white as a law can be, it is not saturated in gotcha's so just read the law yourself and remember then laws restrict, not grant. So if it is not prohibited by law, it is not illegal.

Take the responsibility to read and know the law yourself if you plan to go heeled, there is nothing in the law left to interpret and for Christ's sake, random dudes on the internet are not a good source for legal advice.

From what I see, the total text of the law is pretty short... At least compared with what I've seen of MA laws... Of course NH has to be less complicated than what comes out of MA... [rofl2]

It is short, here it is in it's entirety.

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Seventeen

AN ACT repealing the licensing requirement for carrying a concealed pistol or revolver.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:​

1 Pistols and Revolvers; License to Carry. Amend RSA 159:6 to read as follows:

159:6 License to Carry.

I.(a) The selectmen of a town, the mayor or chief of police of a city or a full-time police officer designated by them respectively, the county sheriff for a resident of an unincorporated place, or the county sheriff if designated by the selectmen of a town that has no police chief, upon application of any resident of such town, city, or unincorporated place, or the director of state police, or some person designated by such director, upon application of a nonresident, shall issue a license to such applicant authorizing the applicant to carry a loaded pistol or revolver in this state for not less than [4] 5 years from the date of issue, if it appears that the applicant has good reason to fear injury to the applicant’s person or property or has any proper purpose, [and that the applicant is a suitable person to be licensed] unless the applicant is prohibited by New Hampshire or federal statute from possessing a firearm. Hunting, target shooting, or self-defense shall be considered a proper purpose. The license shall be valid for all allowable purposes regardless of the purpose for which it was originally issued.

(b) The license shall be in duplicate and shall bear the name, address, description, and signature of the licensee. The original shall be delivered to the licensee and the duplicate shall be preserved by the people issuing the same for [4] 5 years. When required, license renewal shall take place within the month of the [fourth] fifth anniversary of the license holder’s date of birth following the date of issuance. The license shall be issued within 14 days after application, and, if such application is denied, the reason for such denial shall be stated in writing, the original of which such writing shall be delivered to the applicant, and a copy kept in the office of the person to whom the application was made. The fee for licenses issued to residents of the state shall be $10, which fee shall be for the use of the town or city granting said licenses; the fee for licenses granted to out-of-state residents shall be $100, which fee shall be for the use of the state. The director of state police is hereby authorized and directed to prepare forms for the licenses required under this chapter and forms for the application for such licenses and to supply the same to officials of the cities and towns authorized to issue the licenses. The form shall require no more information than was required on the state of New Hampshire application for pistol/revolver license, form DSSP 85, as revised in December 2009. No other forms shall be used by officials of cities and towns. The cost of the forms shall be paid out of the fees received from nonresident licenses.

II. No photograph or fingerprint shall be required or used as a basis to grant, deny, or renew a license to carry for a resident or nonresident, unless requested by the applicant.

III. The availability of a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver under this section or under any other provision of law shall not be construed to impose a prohibition on the unlicensed transport or carry of a firearm in a vehicle, or on or about one’s person, whether openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, by a resident, nonresident, or alien if that individual is not otherwise prohibited by statute from possessing a firearm in the state of New Hampshire.

2 Pistols and Revolvers; Reciprocity. RSA 159:6-d is repealed and reenacted to read as follows:

159:6-d Reciprocity. The director of the division of state police shall negotiate and enter into reciprocal agreements with other jurisdictions to recognize in those jurisdictions the validity of the license issued under RSA 159:6. The director shall apply to every jurisdiction with which New Hampshire does not have a reciprocity agreement, at least once every 5 years to obtain recognition in those jurisdictions of the license issued under RSA 159:6. Any such agreement executed shall not expire unless an expiration date is required under the statutes of the reciprocal jurisdiction.

3 Repeal. RSA 159:4, relative to requiring a license to carry a concealed pistol or revolver, is repealed.

4 Effective Date. This act shall take effect upon its passage.

Last edited:

So, what you're saying is that Mass residents still need an unrestricted ltc to carry in nh?

Can we also delete the 140 semi retarded questions posed by folks across multiple threads?

I would counter that leaving most of this crap in the forum serves to a purpose.....that folks should go to the source and read the bill written in plain english instead of asking someone to spoon feed them without making at least a cursory effort to answer their own question

Most are just too lazy to do that. [thinking]

Gun rights activists celebrate constitutional carry

Gun rights activists gathered on the steps of the State House lawn Saturday to cheer a long-sought legislative victory – with Senate Bill 12 signed into law late last month, it’s now legal in the state to carry a loaded, concealed weapon without a license - and to warn they would remain vigilant of any efforts to restrict gun use and ownership. “In years past you’ll remember that we groused a bit and felt sorry for one another a bit but today is a day of celebration,” Susan Olsen, the legislative director for the Women’s Defense League of New Hampshire told the crowd. About a hundred turned out for the event, including several lawmakers, despite the day’s frigid temperatures. And for Olsen, the turnout was evidence of just how tough is the Granite State gun rights movement. “What is that great meme on the internet? Americans, yes, we will cross a frozen river on Christmas Eve and kill you in your sleep. Cold weather doesn’t bother us here in New Hampshire,” Olsen said.
http://www.concordmonitor.com/Gun-rights-activists-celebrate-constitutional-carry-8474993

GREAT NEWS NH!!!!!! I have a LTC MA and a non res NH permit can I know purchase a gun from NH since this law has passed

ek3zpx.jpg

This law change has nothing to do whatsoever with your ability to purchase a firearm in NH. That's covered by the GCA of 1968.

You could buy a long gun in NH before this passed. You could not, and can not, buy a hand gun in NH unless you are a NH resident. That is determined by federal law, not state law.

GREAT NEWS NH!!!!!! I have a LTC MA and a non res NH permit can I know purchase a gun from NH since this law has passed

You could buy a long gun in NH before this passed. You could not, and can not, buy a hand gun in NH unless you are a NH resident. That is determined by federal law, not state law.

And before GLOCKYOU asks (and I know they will), this does not mean you can by an AR in NH. Any long gun you obtain from an out-of-state FFL must be legal for you to possess in your state of residence. This is federal law.

The ONLY thing this law affects is carrying a concealed handgun without a NH Pistol & Revolver License. That's it. Nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom