• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res

Title of the tread changed per request. Title does not fit everything, so I did my best to abbreviate import stuff.
Love the map, if we could just get NY, PA and KY, we could almost drive to the west coast?
Surprised that the Trace used green not red in their graphic.

There are more hurdles coming our way. Details later.

Title of the tread changed per request. Title does not fit everything, so I did my best to abbreviate import stuff.
Love the map, if we could just get NY, PA and KY, we could almost drive to the west coast?
Surprised that the Trace used green not red in their graphic.

There are more hurdles coming our way. Details later.

I found that picture today and I figured there must be some truth hidden in this map. Their fan base is provably hiding under their beds looking at that map while we're here optimistic that more states will see the light.

What kind of drugs are you taking? NJ will NEVER allow such a thing. You will be able to pump your own gas there way before anything like CC happens.

That map is produced by Bloomberg's front group Everytown for Gun Safety, and I am sure that among it target audience it has the desired effect of frightening the ignorant.

What kind of drugs are you taking? NJ will NEVER allow such a thing. You will be able to pump your own gas there way before anything like CC happens.

I'm taking no drugs, just going by the map. Whether or not they allow such a thing isn't really the bigger issue. The bigger issue is that Constitutional Carry is being considered in 19 other states - some pro2A and some not pro2A, and that's what's awesome.

The thread title "'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res" is too long.

How about "Constitution Carry is now law in NH can we have a Hallelujah!"

I'm taking no drugs, just going by the map. Whether or not they allow such a thing isn't really the bigger issue. The bigger issue is that Constitutional Carry is being considered in 19 other states - some pro2A and some not pro2A, and that's what's awesome.

"Being considered" is deceptive. ANYONE can have their legislator file a bill on their behalf, but claiming that something is "being considered" gives false hope. "On behalf of" bills are DOA before the ink is dry on the paper they were written on. BTDT many years ago when I was ignorant of how things work in the state house.

Even a 2A-friendly legislator could file a Con-carry bill in MA, NY, or NJ but they would never even have a fair hearing and be buried in "committee" for "study" until the paper grows moldy. Reality on the ground is that these 3 states in particular would ever only have Con-carry if the USSC ruled it so for the entire country. I don't expect to ever see that happen but we do have a better chance after a few Supremes get replaced this term.

"Being considered" is deceptive. ANYONE can have their legislator file a bill on their behalf, but claiming that something is "being considered" gives false hope. "On behalf of" bills are DOA before the ink is dry on the paper they were written on. BTDT many years ago when I was ignorant of how things work in the state house.

Even a 2A-friendly legislator could file a Con-carry bill in MA, NY, or NJ but they would never even have a fair hearing and be buried in "committee" for "study" until the paper grows moldy. Reality on the ground is that these 3 states in particular would ever only have Con-carry if the USSC ruled it so for the entire country. I don't expect to ever see that happen but we do have a better chance after a few Supremes get replaced this term.

From your lips to gods ear.

Yeah.. exactly.

The NW of NJ is pretty conservative and fairly gunny... but it's way, way outpopulated by the state's northeast and then SW down through Trenton/Camden. You can see how that plays out:

attachment.php

Looks almost balanced, right? But by vote for President in 2016, that map is of a 60/40 D/R split.

So, NJ will never get Constitutional Carry via legislative act even if some progun rep from the northwest of the state puts up a bill every year for it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 8.31.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 8.31.34 AM.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 216
Can someone explain why the-man would prohibited weapons on person while on a boat, snowmobile, ATV etc?

Is this a poaching concern, or piracy?

Not disputing your assessment but that's complete BS (this law)

This must vary from state to state, yes?
I agree it is BS, and it does vary from state to state. NH is not the only state that has this garbage though.

Maine for example:

Loaded Firearms in Motor Vehicles

It is unlawful to have a loaded firearm or crossbow in or on a motor vehicle (including trailer, ATV, aircraft, snowmobile, or railway car). A loaded magazine may be carried in a motor vehicle, but it must not be inserted in or attached to a firearm. Firearms may be transported in a motor vehicle without a concealed firearms permit provided they are (1) unloaded and in plain view, or (2) are unloaded and placed in a remote secure area (such as a locked trunk) away from the control of the occupants of the motor vehicle. For purposes of this law, a muzzleloader is considered to be loaded only if charged with powder, a projectile and a primed ignition device or mechanism. A crossbow is considered loaded if cocked and armed. Exceptions apply when carrying a concealed pistol or revolver.

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting_trapping/hunting/laws/hunting_equipment.htm#firearms

sent from my phone

Last edited:
I agree it is BS, and it does vary from state to state. NH is not the only state that has this garbage though.

sent from my phone

True, MA is a lot worse! NO CCW on ORV even if you have a LTC that is unrestricted, also applies to off-duty LEOs in MA (making many here happy).

Not disputing your assessment but that's complete BS (this law)

This must vary from state to state, yes?

In Connecticut on DEEP land, possession of ANY firearms is prohibited unless you're lawfully engaged in hunting (and with proper license), and then you may only have with you the type of firearm to be used in said hunting. And yes, cuz poaching: possession = prima facie evidence.

Finally, finally, finally moving out of this crap State of CT and moving into NH this summer.

So, my status right now is I do not have a permit in CT. I USED to have one years 20 years ago and let it lapse when I lived in the southwest for a bit. I moved back to CT with my firearms a few years ago to take care of my ailing dad. My dad passed (RIP [sad2]) and I really see no reason to get a CT permit ($300?) since I'll be moving out of this hell hole mid to late summer, just putting the finishing touches on my garage and small cabin in NH this springtime.

So my question is this: Before I change my official addy to NH, being an out of State resident without a permit can I carry in NH? Can I bring my firearms up there and store them until I am officially a NH resident without any legal hassles?

Thank you in advance...

Last edited:
Finally, finally, finally moving out of this crap State of CT and moving into NH this summer.

So, my status right now is I do not have a permit in CT. I USED to have one years 20 years ago and let it lapse when I lived in the southwest for a bit. I moved back to CT with my firearms a few years ago to take care of my ailing dad. My dad passed (RIP [sad2]) and I really see no reason to get a CT permit ($300?) since I'll be moving out of this hell hole mid to late summer, just putting the finishing touches on my garage and small cabin in NH this springtime.

So my question is this: Before I change my official addy to NH, being an out of State resident without a permit can I carry in NH? Can I bring my firearms up there and store them until I am officially a NH resident without any legal hassles?

Thank you in advance...

This time I'm not going to answer the question. Your question has been answered in this thread countless times. [rolleyes]

And go green.

I just saw a TV news report about how police in towns that border NH are worried about this. Specifically, the Dracut police chief was on camera talking about how his officers might be surprised by someone carrying (as if the new law changes anything for them)! They said Dracut and Pelham are looking into posting signs so that NH people will realize that MA laws are different than NH laws. [laugh]

They also showed some unsafe pistol handling by a guy in a gun store. [sad2] I hope that wasn't anyone here!

Last edited:
I just saw a TV news report about how police in towns that border NH are worried about this. Specifically, the Dracut police chief was on camera talking about how his officers might be surprised by someone carrying! They said Dracut and Pelham are looking into posting signs so that NH people will realize that MA laws are different than NH laws. [laugh]

They also showed some unsafe pistol handling by a guy in a gun store. [sad2] I hope that wasn't anyone here!

This is BS. Nothing has changed for those coming into MA. Just the press trying to make something out of this that isn't there.

This is BS. Nothing has changed for those coming into MA. Just the press trying to make something out of this that isn't there.

Yup, I added this to my post while you were writing yours, but you had already grabbed the old quote, "(as if the new law changes anything for them)!"

I just saw a TV news report about how police in towns that border NH are worried about this. Specifically, the Dracut police chief was on camera talking about how his officers might be surprised by someone carrying (as if the new law changes anything for them)! They said Dracut and Pelham are looking into posting signs so that NH people will realize that MA laws are different than NH laws. [laugh]

Fear mongerer's are fear mongering......that is all. [puke]

WARNING: Massachusetts Border - 500 Feet. Check your seatbelt, gun belt, and wallet!

I just saw a TV news report about how police in towns that border NH are worried about this. Specifically, the Dracut police chief was on camera talking about how his officers might be surprised by someone carrying (as if the new law changes anything for them)! They said Dracut and Pelham are looking into posting signs so that NH people will realize that MA laws are different than NH laws.
Border signs have been suggested since at least 2011, here's a recommendation from our various [thread=148219]"Border warning"[/thread] threads:
11homefires-adamovich2-blog427-v2.jpg
156703-M.jpg

No signs need. You can tell when you enter MA from Plaistow into Haverhill as all the roadside trash is on the MA side and the number of potholes goes up 10-fold.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just asking for my FIL. Has MA resident LTC. Can he carry a loaded pistol in NH that's not MA compliant? [wink]

No signs need. You can tell when you enter MA from Plaistow into Haverhill as all the roadside trash is on the MA side and the number of potholes goes up 10-fold.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just asking for my FIL. Has MA resident LTC. Can he carry a loaded pistol in NH that's not MA compliant? [wink]

MA laws have no effect outside of MA.

Back
Top Bottom