• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

$17 million spent on a temporary hospital didn't see a single patient

Obviously it's wrong for people to profiteer and get no-bid jacked up contracts..

I don't fault anyone for trying to prepare overflow capacity for the medical system when nobody new what the chance of
getting swamped was.

Obviously it's wrong for people to profiteer and get no-bid jacked up contracts..

I don't fault anyone for trying to prepare overflow capacity for the medical system when nobody new what the chance of
getting swamped was.
I point these things out more to make a statement that it's time to call this thing off and open this country back up. It didn't materialize as the death disease it was hyped up to be......and there is evidence to support that statement. So......why are we letting the pant shitters still control our lives?

I know 4 people that actually got corona. A little cough.......no fever......felt achy.......felt better after 3 days. It's a flu. That's all. We shut down the entire country for a f***ing flu. If your elderly it's a problem......you know......like the flu. Can we get on with our lives now?

Last edited:
USNS Comfort sailed up from Norfolk and from March 30 to now they treated fewer than 200, mostly non-Covid patients. The NYC hospitals could have absorbed that many easily. Lots of wasted money and effort, obscene amounts of pork and power grabs by Pelosi and the Democrats, Our grandchildren's grandchildren will be paying for this.

And the feds are footing the bill for 75% of it. That's me and you!!!

Everyone armflaps about this crap but unused hospitals blah blah etc is going to be a billion dollars maybe. Maybe. It's relatively meaningless in the scope of what is going on right now.

Meanwhile the fed is loading up helicopters full of cash and sprinkling it on wall street probably to the tune of a trillion dollars or more and nobody cares. [rofl]

-Mike

And the feds are footing the bill for 75% of it. That's me and you!!!
Fed (Us) are giving the MBTA 827 million dollars. They are saying its still not enough.

This whole thing is a joke.

Are people sick and dying? Yes.

Worth what was done to our economy, freedom and economic future. f*** No.

I said that in March. Of course I fully believe I had the virus in December when the “experts” in government were sitting in their ass on “Holiday”.

Yet now we believe them when they are 3 months behind the situation.

I point these things out more to make a statement that it's time to call this thing off and open this country back up. It didn't materialize as the death disease it was hyped up to be......and there is evidence to support that statement. So......why are we letting the pant shitters still control our lives?

I know 4 people that actually got corona. A little cough.......no fever......felt achy.......felt better after 3 days. It's a flu. That's all. We shut down the entire country for a f***ing flu. If your elderly it's a problem......you know......like the flu. Can we get on with our lives now?
Sounds like you and President Trump went to the same medical school . . . geniuses!

I’m not buying into this. Nobody knew what the infection/death rate would be when this started. Better to have and not needed then need it and not have it.
I agree. But there was something else going on here as well. I guess its just the same with every State project.

Boston Hope's census is somewhere around 10% occupancy, if I read right, and we're at or near cresting in Mass.

Still, if things had gone just a little worse, it wouldn't have been nearly enough.

I'm much more concerned about our reliance on "just in time" food deliveries to 300 million Americans.

We can't even get the supermarkets stocked with toilet paper (granted most other things are stocked well enough) and supposedly we're facing shortages of pork, chicken, beef and dairy products over the summer due to Kung Flu closing food processing plants.

What better time to rape and pillage government coffers? Entire country in panic mode, some people dying, easy peasy scam of the century.

Any guesses regarding Hidalgo's party affiliation?

Sounds like you and President Trump went to the same medical school . . . geniuses!
1. The Donald wants to keep things closed ....then he doesn't.....oh then he does......🙄

2. I did not vote for the Donald.

Guess I'm not sure what your getting at.

Until there is a vaccine, the virus will follow the Darwinian principles of killing
the sick, the old, and the week.

Just like influenza does. The only hope is a vaccine at some point.

BTW - Ground zero is nursing homes with their substandard infection control processes.....NEVER GO INTO A NURSING HOME AS A PATIENT!

I’m not buying into this. Nobody knew what the infection/death rate would be when this started. Better to have and not needed then need it and not have it.
I've said this a few times on these threads......it's not so much that they were not needed and claiming they over reacted.....I get it. It's that they are not needed.....which is good news .....and no mention of it on national broadcast news. There is a reason that there are crickets about the good news......they don't want the economy open and improving for the fall.

Mor(t)on Hospital in Taunton designated itself as a Coronavirus Hospital a month or so ago. Lots of hullabaloo about it. They sent everyone away to be able to treat COVfefe exclusively. I think ER was still staffed but would truck you elsewhere when stable.

I think the last report was 84 patients.

152 beds. 84 patients. Gotta be pretty quiet over there.

president is in a damned if you do position. first it's he didn't act quick enough, then not doing enough and now everyone's clamoring to reopen. coming back from this quarantine is a tough decision. i don;t have enough information to make an informed decision, i only know what i see in my own little bubble and honestly i'm not seeing much. i'm not seeing people drop like flies like cuomo says is happening. i don't even know anyone who has/had the virus. liberal politicians and the media are scaring the shit out of people. i also don't think the experts know what's going on. kinda hard if they've never seen this before. so what does trump do? i dunno. does he reopen soon to get re-elected or hold off and face the wrath of the voter?

president is in a damned if you do position. first it's he didn't act quick enough, then not doing enough and now everyone's clamoring to reopen. coming back from this quarantine is a tough decision. i don;t have enough information to make an informed decision, i only know what i see in my own little bubble and honestly i'm not seeing much. i'm not seeing people drop like flies like cuomo says is happening. i don't even know anyone who has/had the virus. liberal politicians and the media are scaring the shit out of people. i also don't think the experts know what's going on. kinda hard if they've never seen this before. so what does trump do? i dunno. does he reopen soon to get re-elected or hold off and face the wrath of the voter?

I was in the same boat where I didn't know anyone infected and I was only taking this semi seriously. That is until these past couple of weeks. Several extended family members have been sick and a couple have died. At first the deaths were older people with underlying conditions. Then a 46 year old friend passed and that person was extremely healthy with eating and exercise. It was a wake up call as I'm in my early 50s and have a pre existing condition. I don't care what anyone says, I'm not taking any chances. I'll live through the next 2-6 months on lockdown to insure I live 30 plus more years afterward. Well, hopefully 30 plus! That depends on how many pizzas I eat! ;-)

MMQB.

"He didn't get us enough _____"

"He got us ____ but we didn't need them" (never mention they chimp-screamed for them first)

"He told me to inject myself with Lysol."

"He can't be a man b/c he doesn't smoke the same cigarettes as me."

If you hate him, you're going to find all the mistakes to show how terrible he his - no matter how much he DIDN'T have any effect or say any of those things.

I'm thinking we're not gonna see 2 million deaths here in the US.

I was in the same boat where I didn't know anyone infected and I was only taking this semi seriously. That is until these past couple of weeks. Several extended family members have been sick and a couple have died. At first the deaths were older people with underlying conditions. Then a 46 year old friend passed and that person was extremely healthy with eating and exercise. It was a wake up call as I'm in my early 50s and have a pre existing condition. I don't care what anyone says, I'm not taking any chances. I'll live through the next 2-6 months on lockdown to insure I live 30 plus more years afterward. Well, hopefully 30 plus! That depends on how many pizzas I eat! ;-)
i've been living in isolation since mid january. i've documented my lung issues here before. the moment i started hearing the chatter i went into self imposed isolation. and got a ration of shit for it. i went to an eye appointment the of january with a mask on and was ridiculed for it. that was the last face to face interaction i've had really cause i shut down pretty good after that. i've been to the market but try to give everyone a wide berth. i'm a pioneer in self check out. pharmacy stuff i do online and have contactless delivery. you know, almost everyone i know busted my balls since january into febuary. now they ain't. nothing i can do. with my health i can't take a chance and i certainly couldn't live with myself if i inadvertently infected someone else. i had to deposit some checks yesterday and went to my banks drive thru. that was the first interaction i've had really face to face with anyone in almost 4 months. albeit thru a piece if glass. i do like to listen to the cowboys rant thinking they know more than more than most. can't wait to see what they say if comes back again next fall/winter.

"Miami-Dade County has now completed two rounds of random sampling for antibodies, and both surveys found a 0.18% fatality rate. The study sampled 32 municipal statistical areas in this county of 2.75 million people and found that between 4.4% and 7.9% of the population contained the antibodies. Extrapolating the survey results to the entire county’s population would mean that between 123,000 and 221,000 residents have already gotten the virus and that the fatality rate is therefore between 0.13% and 0.23%, for a median of 0.18%.

While many Florida counties are overwhelmingly populated by elderly residents, Miami-Dade is just a little above the national median age of the country, so it’s a good sample of the macro fatality rate when averaging out all age groups nationwide.

Most notably, the serology test found that “more than half had NO symptoms in the seven to fourteen days prior to screening.” That is a result similar to that of other countries, such as Iceland.

In other words, this thing was quietly spreading long before the lockdown, rendering the entire purpose of the lockdown moot.

Many other antibody studies have concluded there is a similarly low fatality rate. Antibody sampling in Santa Clara and Los Angeles counties netted similar results – between 0.12% and 0.20%. The fatality rate in Chelsea, Massachusetts, based on an extrapolation of a sampling there, would be around 0.16 percent. That is identical to the results of a recent antibody test in Denmark, which demonstrates a degree of consistency throughout the world. One serology test in Germany showed a slightly higher but still low fatality rate of 0.37%. And Germany has a higher percentage of seniors relative to its general population than the United States."

The thing I worry about is. . . well a couple of things:

1. How big is their sample set?
2. How diverse is their sample set?
3. Are there errors in their sampling. The USC study showed 25-50x more people had it. I have to believe that either #1 above OR they contaminated a pile of samples.

It just seems like if it was as common as that, the # of positive tests, as a % of total tests, would be higher. (Because at-risk people are getting tested, not just a rando of peeps.)

I dunno. I'm just doing this by gut and not by math. So I could be completely wrong. But at 5-7%, you are talking 15-25M people infected in the US.

Back
Top Bottom