Dick's NY on Non-resident Rifle Sales?

MaverickNH

NES Member
I tried to buy a rifle at Dick's in Saratoga Springs NY today, but they didn't know if they could sell to a NH resident by Dick's policy. The manager knew they couldn't sell to a VT resident and maybe PA, but didn't know their policy on NH resident. And the manager was unwilling to call anyone to find out their policy, probably because they didn't want to look stupid at the corporate level. So I left.

I was at the Walmart in Saratoga Springs last week, where they sell rifles and shotguns. They have a map posted of all the states whose residents they could sell to. MA was OK. There were only handful of states that were not OK (red on the map). I remember maybe FL and TX being red, but there were a few more. I don't recall how NH was indicated. It seems to be an issue of some state laws.

Bringing this back from the dead..
Doing some research, found https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/new-york/

Has any non-res (no NY pistol permit) tried buying from a Dick's in NY (not City) at all? I'll be in the NY area during Thanksgiving, and I'd like to pick up a 10/22 on sale on Black Friday. It doesn't make sense for me to drive all the way back to MA just to buy one, kind of defeats the purpose of the sale if I eat up the savings in gas & time.

Back
Top Bottom