• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Outback Arms LLC, in Plympton

Come on Fred, are'nt you going to share with us. If you deem a gun "hard to find",I'd be very interested in seeing it.

I bought a rifle from Outback this weekend and I thought the price was fine (exact same firearm as a slightly used identical model currently listed in current NES classifieds but I paid $10 more). Of course, I paid sales tax too but saved three hours of driving. I'm good with that. They have some cool vintage reloading balance scales in nice shape, powders, and good ammo selection. I like this shop.

Gene and his brother run a nice shop. Relaxed vibe, a lot of reasonably priced ammo, good selection of long guns, small selection of pistols, place to meet fellow shooters, my idea of how gun shops should be run.

Just wanted to say Gene is a great Guy. I needed a part to finish a build I have been working on for a year now. He sold the the item I needed earlier that day.

But then he comes out from the back room and says " here you can buy mine, I was saving it for my build but ill get another"

He did not have to do that. It was pretty generous in my opinion.

I reccomend anybody to go check him out.

Gene has done what most shops have failed to do in that area. I been dropping in there weekly since he opened..what 2 months ago? He has a little for everyone. I also noticed his prices didn't sky rocket on previous inventory.

Stopped in around noon today. Nice shop with friendly people. Bought powder, primers, and bullets.
Didn't have the Hornady 9mm bullets I was looking for, but then again, nobody does. I bought some Speer
115 gr 9mm jhp instead. Will try them. Will definitely go back.

I stopped in last night to look around. I didn't even know the shop existed 'til I saw this thread yesterday. It's a nice little shop for sure. Plenty of nice handguns in the cases. I saw a Colt series 70 just like mine for $1300. Then I looked in the rifle room and saw a Norinco NHM national match for $13,000. [shocked] Hold on, I have to go sell both my cars.

I didn't get to spend too much time chatting but the gentleman I did talk to was very nice. They were making some kind of sausage sandwiches which smelled delicious. They have a little kitchen right there in the shop. That is badass.

I didn't spend any money, but I will be back. Seeing that I'd already done business with Adam @ Acme several times, I would have continued to bring my money to him but he's off to greener pastures now. Looks like the guys at Outback will make a fine substitute and hey, they're 3 minutes up the road from my workplace.

Outback Arms Plympton MA

New gun shop, Outback Arms LLC In Plympton, Ma. 376 Main st. Plympton Ma. 02367 on rte 58 Phone 781-771-3500 Nice shop, stop in and say Hi to Gene the owner. Forgot the hours he is open, but i think he is open 7 days a week.

Outback now has a website at www.outbackarms.com. They are also raffling an AR-15 with 500 rounds of ammo.

- - - Updated - - -

New gun shop, Outback Arms LLC In Plympton, Ma. 376 Main st. Plympton Ma. 02367 on rte 58 Phone 781-771-3500 Nice shop, stop in and say Hi to Gene the owner. Forgot the hours he is open, but i think he is open 7 days a week.

Outback now has a website at www.outbackarms.com. They are also raffling an AR-15 with 500 rounds of ammo.

Stopped in last week to see what was new, Gene showed me the expansion going on behind the shop. He is easily going to double his floor space and add an office for doing transfers. Should be done soon.

After visiting quite a few local shops, this shop by far has one of the larger inventories, in the area, as a lot of shelves are bare, this is not the case at Outback, ammo is available but scarce, not much for .22LR.

I have been to outback arms several times. This place has a great selection of firearms, new and older. Plus prices are competitive.

Stopped in today. First off, don't go by the inventory listing on the website. I don't know why gunshops even try, seems impossible to keep it accurate. Having said that, when it says 5 or 6 in stock it'd be awesome if there was one. Oh well. Nice atmosphere. Lots of ammo, bit overpriced but your choice to pay or not. Many flavors of ARs in stock. Um, left my number for when my hopefully next gun comes in. We shall see.

Stopped in today. First off, don't go by the inventory listing on the website. I don't know why gunshops even try, seems impossible to keep it accurate. Having said that, when it says 5 or 6 in stock it'd be awesome if there was one. Oh well. Nice atmosphere. Lots of ammo, bit overpriced but your choice to pay or not. Many flavors of ARs in stock. Um, left my number for when my hopefully next gun comes in. We shall see.

Just as an update, 3 weeks and no call back...even if the gun never came in, a call back would be nice.

Just as an update, 3 weeks and no call back...even if the gun never came in, a call back would be nice.
In all the years i have been going to gun shops and buying guns i have never had a shop call me to let me know that " hey just called to let you know your gun still hasn't come in yet have a nice day" and he is working on changing the website.

Better check the pricing.
ISCC M22 2-Tone, used: $375 (retails $200 and up), incl. 2 mags & cable lock, no case
Ruger SR22 CT, new: $525 (retails sub $400)
Winchester M-22 Ammo, 500rds: $62 (retails for $50)

Update:
I saw M22 black at $300 on sale at Cabela's, w/ 1 mag.
2-Tone listed at $370 on Impact.

Spare mags run about $30-$35.
So, if retail is $370 with one mag, then perhaps I'm not as chafed as I thought I was.

Last edited:
In all the years i have been going to gun shops and buying guns i have never had a shop call me to let me know that " hey just called to let you know your gun still hasn't come in yet have a nice day" and he is working on changing the website.

Yeah, In all my years, more than yours probably, I've never had a gun shop show something in stock, take a name and number for a very common shotgun, and not call either way now what 4-5 months later? No biog deal just sayin, if you're gonna pretend you're gonna do it, do it. If not, don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Better check the pricing.
ISCC M22 2-Tone, used: $375 (retails $200 and up)
Ruger SR22 CT, new: $525 (retails sub $400)
Winchester M-22 Ammo, 500rds: $62 (retails for $50)

Yes, the pricing on everything i checked was high as well. I was hoping to score on an advertised good price item, I should have known better.

I under stand Gene the owner might be a bit burned out after going 7 days a week for the 1st year. I have been in and out of the shop since he opened weekly or bi weekly. As of late Gene seems to be less visable and also noticed some items have jumped in price on inventory that's been there a while? I liked it when gene was there more often.
Ammo is still over priced for my likings. 550$/1000 rounds of tula 7.62x39 is just silly. Also the 50 year old corrosive 3006 for 77 cents ea I find to be high.......but hey it is what it is. Business can do what they want.
He at least has more inventory than any shop with 25 miles or so.

I went there the other day to look at pc revolvers. I've had my mind set on a s&w m&p 340 ct, but no luck in the last 3 months, so I figured I would settle for a a j frame(size) that could shoot a 38+p. I saw two there. One s&w and the other ruger. I asked the guy if i could take a pic of both so I could go home and do some research and he flip his lid. I guess no pictures are allowed. Wouldn't tell me why. I know this guy is a jerk, but does he have a reason? What ever...The ammo is WAY over priced. New to guns and new to the form, so, sorry if I broke any rules.

I went there the other day to look at pc revolvers. I've had my mind set on a s&w m&p 340 ct, but no luck in the last 3 months, so I figured I would settle for a a j frame(size) that could shoot a 38+p. I saw two there. One s&w and the other ruger. I asked the guy if i could take a pic of both so I could go home and do some research and he flip his lid. I guess no pictures are allowed. Wouldn't tell me why. I know this guy is a jerk, but does he have a reason? What ever...The ammo is WAY over priced. New to guns and new to the form, so, sorry if I broke any rules.

You are the first person that I know off that wanted to take picture of a gun in a shop most people look on the manufacturers website to see what they look like, he was not out of line, I was in the shop after you and he told me the story, I thought it was a strange request myself.

Yeah taking a picture or several keeps you from calling back, "was that brushed stainless call 2 which one had adjustable sights, call 3 did the sw have fiber optic sights, call4 ect ect
If this is the same guy or the newest guy at outback Gene needs to rub off on him some more.

I have been to Outback I think about 8 or 9 times now, I have always had a good experience, they know I don't have my LTC yet but always take the time to shoot the shit and talk about stuff, I do buy a little something every time I go, cleaning patches, oil, dummy bullets, etc, I got a nice Nebo Redline flashlight for a sweet price, $10.00 less then any other place I have been at, I have seen there prices for some pistols come down a bit in the last few months, you got to remember it is a relatively new place and it got started during the gun and ammo shortage, it had to have been kinda ruff getting it off the ground IMHO.

I think it was just a bad day or fluke kinda thing with the picture taking, we all have our days, just last week I was pretty short with a few of my customers, I had a large tractor in the shop for a transmission job, had to split the tractor in two and pull the hydro trans out, I was so focused on it that if anyone came near me I got all wound up ~ Any Who I say check the place out and if it happens twice time to find a new shop, well lets use the three strikes your out rule, guns shops are far and few in between.

Tim [grin]

I would have recommended Outback Arms a few weeks ago but now I have changed my mind or they did for me. I have bought there before, shotgun and ammo, so I'm not a stranger to the store. The atittude is alittle off. Not much for customer service, asking to have something shipped to them seems like it should be "alittle" easier? Acting like a question is bothering them. It didn't happen once but several times, on the phone and instore. Not all the staff is horrible but that one person just ruins it for me. When trying to get them to have something shipped to there store, "I guess I was bothering the guy behind the counter" he couldn't even look up from his catalog that he was browsing to answer me. After asking on the phone and in person several times I finally sort of got an answer. After two weeks nothing has been shipped to the store because of there lack of response with a fax. I guess they don't need my 35 bucks for shipping the gun to there store and my money for anymore ammo? I wanted to give them my business instead of Dicks or a bigger shop but customer service goes along way.

Back
Top Bottom