• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

crush fit barrels

greencobra

NES Member
Thought I might inquire about a couple of barrels I have that were taken off guns I own. They were crush fit to the frame, I believe that's the term for them, and not pinned on. I'm asking because if they still can be remounted on someones guns I'd like to sell them. If not I guess they are trash. Can someone give me some guidance if they can be reused.

were there threads involved?
what guns were those mounted on?
Yes, they have threads. They're a Ruger Redhawk .357 7.5" & S&W Mod 10 .38 sp 4". Both are still wrapped from their return from their respective factories and are in like new condition, or should be. Guess it's time to look.

I don't have any revolver knowledge so I pass on giving my judgement
But even if barrels cant be used in its original shape and form they still can be useful to some gun tinkerer that might re-work them into something useful, so don't rush to trash them.
if you don't have any application for it just put it on classified and gunbroker. what do you have to loose?

Back
Top Bottom