• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

16" mid-length barrel in stock from Joe Bob

*4140 Chrome Moly Steel (Non Chrome-Lined Barrel)

You'll have to decide if a chrome lined barrel is important to you - there are a ton of discussions all over the net about the subject. Btw JoeBob is great, super fast shipping.

A vendor that I've read decent reviews about here on NES but never ordered from. Link to the site in the original post.. joeboboutfitters.com.

May also be known by the name Joseph Robert in more upscale circles..

Only my closest friends call me Joseph Robert....tread lightly [smile]

MOST inexpensive barrels that aren't chrome lined, aren't MPI tested either. MPI testing adds additional cost, and IMO, is not nearly as important as on a BCG itself.

Accuracy and reliability reports have been really good. Typically customers are using standard buffers with steel cased ammo (lacquer coated isn't recommended), and heavy buffers with full powered 5.56. We chose a gas port size to allow a wide range of ammo reliability.

Have bought from JoeBob several times. Highly recommended!

Just ordered two barrels to match up with a pair of stripped uppers I got from JoeBobs late last year. Now if I could find some BCG's....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom