• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lets get a projector for GOAL.

Chris

NES Member
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
Hi all,

I've put together a gift package for Jon Green in response to the request made by Mike earlier. However, there is one item that is needed as soon as possible to get the classes back up to their proper quality - A classroom projector. I would like to pool our good will and present Jon Green a new projector for his new Classroom. This request has been cleared with the boss.

After a little research, I've narrowed the choices down to the Canon LV-7490.

This projector has the lumens to really work in almost any light, but is also variable, so it can run cooler and quieter if full brightness isn't needed. A long bulb life and LCD technology should provide for a long life.

41xCbb6IArL.jpg

A review can be seen HERE

Current price on this device is running about $875.

If you are interested in helping, you can use PayPal by using the link below (the page that appears is off NES so that PayPal does not see NES as the referral. As usual, do NOT mention guns or shooting. Simply state Donation to GOAL. Anyone that gets my account shut down will be publicly shamed.)

DONE

As GOAL is not a charity, none of these donations are tax deductible.

CURRENT DONATION:
$1072

Screen and Projector ordered. Confirmation Email has been forwarded to Jon Green. Any further $$ arriving will be donated to GOAL for the install.

Once I have verification that the checks clear, I'll post First Name and last initial of our generous donors. Full names will be forwarded to GOAL for recognition. Anyone not wanting their name in the list, just PM me and I'll make you Anonymous.

Last edited:
One of my guys priced this out for me and the best he could find from one of our distributors is $855 so not much savings through my company.

Before you order you might want to check projectorsuperstore.com.

Their prices are pretty good usually.

I plan to challenge my wife on the actual purchase as she always astounds me with the deals she gets. Afterall, she is a buyer by profession.

I am waiting for a couple of mailed checks. As soon as those are in, I'll close this. I'm looking to see if we can get a decent screen for ~$200 so all GOAL will be on the hook for is the ceiling mount and some wires.

Hmm. Anyone want to voice an opinion on this:

screen on Amazon.

Like I said, all donations at this point will go toward the installation. Thanks again to everyone for making this a quick turn around.

Waiting on one more check. Last chance to get in on this. My wife has found the projector and screen for $1075 shipped. We are about $125 short right now. Every little bit helps.

Thanks again everyone for making this happen so quickly. I'm going to place the order tomorrow so Jon should have these early next week.

My sincere thanks to the following NES members who donated to the GOAL projector project. The new projector is scheduled to arrive on Monday and the screen on Tuesday. The GOAL Training Academy will soon be on its feet thanks to the generosity of NES and its members.

Andrew C.
John M.
Robert S.
David J.
Christopher C.
James F.
Harrison M.
Arllen A.
Kevin L.
John E.
Stephen M.
David R.
Tom W.
Chester D.
Kevin S.
Jeff R.
Max H.
Seth J.
Forrest P.

And two Anonymous donors who don't wish to be in the spotlight.

Thanks again for the generous gifts. And thanks to Fooped who will be handling the installation at the GOAL office.

Back
Top Bottom