Tapatalk & Forum Runner

Hrrmmmm.... New tapatalk has some nice changes....
I'll give the new thing a test drive.....

Sent from my HTC EVO running SYNERGY+GODMODE using Tapatalk 2

ETA: blah.... Gotta get the full version to reply?
Psha..... "free" is my second favorite 4 letter 'f' word.....

Tapatalk is Chinese, it's going to be off NES soon

Forum runner is vastly inferior. No concept of unread messages, marking read, etc. no equivalent to web interface new post or tapatalk unread so you can work your way through all unread material. I read everything or mark the thread read each time I log on. No way to do this from forum runner that I can find. I it's he they get failure on intuitive interface.

Forum runner is vastly inferior. No concept of unread messages, marking read, etc. no equivalent to web interface new post or tapatalk unread so you can work your way through all unread material. I read everything or mark the thread read each time I log on. No way to do this from forum runner that I can find. I it's he they get failure on intuitive interface.

What are you talking about?

Unread threads are bold, read threads are not. You can mark a forum read by hitting the menu button and pressing the "mark read" button.

What are you talking about?

Unread threads are bold, read threads are not. You can mark a forum read by hitting the menu button and pressing the "mark read" button.

If you use the current tab for reading it shows all threads, read or not. As you read them they go unbold. If you refresh they come back bold even though they are read. All threads are shown regardless if read or not in the current view.

If you read through the forums view it appears to work correctly but you have to navigate the tree manually and can't have a single view of unread threads regardless of which forum.

Yes there is a mark read button in the upper right, but only useful in forum view otherwise it's global.

So if the way you read is all new posts at once with forums intermixed, then forum runner has no mechanism. I read on the web through the new posts search and with tapatalk on the first tab showing unread.

I've tried lots of other ways but it appears to be missing functionality in the client.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just tried forumrunner on the iPad -- it's very nice, and definitely better than tapatalk. I can see using forumrunner on the iPad/iPhone. Before, the web browser was better than tapatalk for my tastes.

Thanks for the improvement.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1334440079.167264.jpg
This is why tapatalk works for me. Unread tab, all new messages, reading in adjacent window. Refresh for more unread topics. Total unread shown.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1334440213.021192.jpg
So no unread tab on forum runner. I go view from forums but have to navigate down myself.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1334440277.710981.jpg
I have read the newest thread. It is unbold. When I refresh it is still there and bold. This is the current view. No way to get the equivalent of the tapatalk unread tab.

I could live without the reading pane feature if the unread view existed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1334440415.274421.jpg
The web interface has the new posts search built in which gives the equivalent view as unread in tapatalk. I actually prefer reading on iPad with tapatalk to computer with web given the ease of navigation and quick marking as read available on tapatalk.

I will miss it when it goes away...
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just downloaded forum runner, and it isn't too bad! Haven't compared it to tapatalk though...

ive tried to figure it out but haven't been able to. maybe its not capable but can videos from cell phones be posted?

ETA- more specific iPhone 4 on forum runner.

Last edited:
I've been using a mini ipad and got tired of the constant pop-ups telling me about Tapatalk and ForumRunner while using Safari to access this forum. So I bought ForumRunner and it's just "ok". Some buttons do not work well or have odd delays, but that's not why I'm writting this. What I'm really wondering is why this forum would allow itself to be listed under the category of "Recreation" and then one of the choices besides Guns and Weapons is Drugs, as is recreational drugs. Websites that promote drug use are listed. Maybe it's just me, but do we really want to be on the same page as that or even want to support ForumRunner with $ by buying the app or with pop-ups suggesting a member purchase the app. Just saying........

This isn't intentional - I just verified that it is no longer working as well.

I will investigate later this evening.

It's also Forum Runner that's b0rked. Gives me an error about incompatible versions or conflicted modules.

Just an FYI in case it's not tied to the tappatalk plugin issue.

It's also Forum Runner that's b0rked. Gives me an error about incompatible versions or conflicted modules.

Just an FYI in case it's not tied to the tappatalk plugin issue.

Forum Runner just tested okay for me - I make one slight change that might have been screwing it up.

Can you verify that it works for you?

I'm running forumrunner 1.3.18

Receiving the error:
The remote server sent an unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated or having a conflict.

Logged out of the forum, made sure the app was stopped, did not reboot my phone (can't at the moment, I'm oncall for work)

Are all of you having issues with FR using Android? I'm having no issues at all on my iPhone and don't have an Android to test with.

I am working with support teams from both TT and FR in order to resolve these issues. I'll keep you guys updated - sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom