• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tulammo - Bad Primer Found

xtry51

NES Member
Was loading a case of ammo on stripper clips and the wench, er the wife, came across this beauty. Keep an eye out. Half teh primer cup is missing, but I can see it is a live one. I'm pretty sure this would have ended poorly for my BCG. First one in about 6k rounds I've seen. I'm sending it back to see what they say.

image.jpg image[1].jpeg image[2].jpg image[3].jpg image[4].jpg

Oops on the quality control - good catch.
I have had no problems with the Tulammo so far but nice reminder to check em before loading em.

if you were running a AK you would

nocare.png

It happens. Last night while reloading, I found a Winchester small pistol primer with priming compound but no anvil.

Was loading a case of ammo on stripper clips and the wench, er the wife, came across this beauty. Keep an eye out. Half teh primer cup is missing, but I can see it is a live one. I'm pretty sure this would have ended poorly for my BCG. First one in about 6k rounds I've seen. I'm sending it back to see what they say.

View attachment 29417View attachment 29418View attachment 29419View attachment 29420View attachment 29421
I've actually had decent luck with the cheapest ammo around. I'll keep my eyes peeled though--thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Agreed, just a primer that got seated sideways. They do sometimes get disoriented and they get smashed.
You did well to inspect even the factory ammo before using.

I know Tula 7.62x54r is shit plain and simple. I was happy to find some non corrosive for $6 a box of 20 when I first spotted it. Shot 2 boxes of it through my Romak and had lousy performance, not to mention a few odd sounding rounds and one primer pop out and bounce off my face.

So far the 5.45x39, 7.62x39 and even .223 have worked ok in my semi autos even though I average about 1 dud for every 80 rounds of 5.45 I shoot. I have actually been stocking up on Wolf and Golden Tiger when I see it advertised now rather than Tulammo.

I have had similar experiences as Ray has. Their 7.62x54r is total shit. And to think there were a ton of pro-PSL users who championed this garbage.

It's like shooting fireworks out of the front of your barrel- you don't know if it'll be a dud, over powered, or explode in your face.

Back
Top Bottom