1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Can you dig it?

Discussion in 'NES Memberships' started by Shaft, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Shaft

Shaft Member

First off, I enjoy forum names with their own theme songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFvRvSxsW-I). I encourage you to play in the background that when reading any of my posts. I'm also an extremely serious person.

I'll be moving to the Boston area from Missouri shortly due to a job offer that I can't refuse and I've found the legal information/discussion here to be quite valuable so I went green tonight. I do have some questions about my moving/purchasing plan but I'll save those for the Mass. legal forum.

So thanks for the good info y'all have here, it feels like a good community!

Cheers

2. Billsail

Billsail NES Member

If your new job is located within commuting distance of NH, move there. You'll find out why, as you read more of the forum.

Smart move, going green...welcome.[smile]

3. minininjer

minininjer NES Door Greeter NES Member

Herro [wave] and welcome to the forum. Congrats on joining the green side!

And yes....

[​IMG]

4. Boghog1

Boghog1 Member

Seriously don't move to MA there are states with far more freedom in commuting distance.

5. Business

Business Member

Welcome to the forum feel free to play this while reading any of my posts

[video=youtube_share;Q0XUtaukQvc]http://youtu.be/Q0XUtaukQvc[/video]

6. Shaft

Shaft Member

Thanks, folks (even armpit beatbox guy)!

My job will be on the MIT side of Cambridge, pretty close to Boston proper, but I'll be renting an apartment for the first year and then I'll definitely check out commuting options once I know the job will last a while.

Also, from what I gather I should make some purchases before the move because what I have access to right now is a much broader selection than what FFLs in MA can offer.

7. Boghog1

Boghog1 Member

I would rent in Nashua or Salem NH and commute then just give up the idea of carrying in MA but that is me, as for firearms most anything plastic except for the M&P isn't on MA approved list I don't follow the list since I live in NH but Glocks and Springfield XDs seem to be thhe most sought after you still have the 10 round magazine limit for post ___ magazines

8. Rockrivr1

Rockrivr1 NES Member

If you're going to be renting an apartment in Cambridge, you can pretty much forget about getting a full " All Lawfull Purposes" license to carry. You'll most likely end up with a neutered "Range and Target Practice" license only. Most towns directly around Boston are not very friendly to gun owners. Do a search for green towns on the forum to see what options you have. As others have said, moving into NH will be much better for your gun rights. Commute can suck from up there though, so keep that in mind.

Oh and making a ton of purchases before coming here is a must for you. Now I'm not condoning this, but a wise man would know what's in demand before coming and could make a pretty penny selling things he doesn't want anymore when he gets here. Just sayin......... [wink]

9. eric_07

eric_07 Member

Well your username is appropriate for moving to MA... enjoy receiving it ;)

1 person likes this.
  10. Shaft

Shaft Member

Thanks for the tips! I was spoiled by the commute I had at my last job (an 8 minute walk) so contemplating a 1.5-2 hour commute each way by car is tough.

On the purchase issue, I get your drift, I've checked the approved list and tried to get a sense for what goodies I wouldn't be able to buy up there due to the additional AG regs. The 4 FTF sales per year thing would limit my ceiling as a intranational arms dealer (all implied aspirations are purely fictional for humor purposes) but for personal use I should definitely buy up what I want now (going to a show tomorrow, in fact). I was thinking a few Gen 4 G17s might find their way into my shopping bag, for example, if I can find 'em (supplies are limited even where I am right now).

11. drgrant

drgrant Moderator

If you need to move near the city... move to Arlington.... the rest of the towns around the city absolutely suck for licensing.

-Mike

12. Ham Slam

Ham Slam Member

+1 Arlington