I think I am interested in getting in to reloading...

Yes, I'll watch for that closely. My lowest loading is less than a grain from the maximum loading. 5.4gr vs 6.1 (6.7 with FMJ, so figuring -10%) so I don't expect to see any squib loads, but I will of course look out for them. I visually inspected each charge, and weighed every 10th charge, and none varied more than .1gr

Regardless, I will be careful.

Mike

Well the lowest loadings of the .40 cycled the Sig fine. I ended up settling on the middle loading which seems to be plenty, I probably put 100 or so through the sig without a single failure. Likewise, the AR ammo worked awesome. I think I am going to need a progressive press, but I'll probably stick with the single stage for some things, and for now.

Also, I have been decapping in a universal die prior to tumbling, should I bother doing this or save myself the extra step and just do it when I size the brass?

Thanks,

Mike

I de-cap only if using wet SS tumbler. The ss doesn't miss much crud at all. I have a 30-06 die that I de-cap my 5.56 and similar diameters with but for 45acp I will need a new setup as I don't want to size prior to loading on the LnL.

Back
Top Bottom