• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Paracord wrapping a wire stock

SKS Ray

NES Member
Not sure if this is the right section for this but what the hell. Anyone have a good link to info on wrapping a wire stock with paracord?

hhrrmm..... Common Whipping, the smoothest, a bit tough, takes practice...
French Whipping, A.K.A. Spiral Whipping (my favorite),
Cockscombing (may need to find a navy person to show you that one...),

bunch of ways you can go depending on the look you're going for...

I bought the paracord months ago to do it on my rifle, have not gotten around to it.
Youtube has a boat load of videos on it but I am sure you knew that.

I bought the paracord months ago to do it on my rifle, have not gotten around to it.
Youtube has a boat load of videos on it but I am sure you knew that.

I saw a few on youtube but like John said, there are so many different methods. I was hoping someone here had done a stock and had a link to what they used.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, just want to wrap a wire stock so its more comfortable to shoot in the winter.

PC150357.jpg

We called it fancy work in the Navy. My Chief had a real hard on for it, and I did most everything in my shop while on deployment. This style is really easy, it is basically overhand knots in the same direction over and over again. If you change up direction, you can make an M or W pattern.

You will more than likely try several different patterns until you get one that works. I really wanted to do a turks head pattern on the stock but ended up with a more simple pattern after a few tries.

762002-1.jpg

I did the ACE on my Saiga 308 just like that. jaymce is right, I think I wrapped it and unwrapped it like 5 times before I got it the way I liked it.

Ray, If you have'nt already, check out RW rope in N.B. for paracord. Incredible selection/supply and at least one of the guys seems knowledgeable about various wraps and fancy knots.

go to the rope warehouse and ask for bob. he can set you straight. the man is a space mutant when it comes to rope and rope work.
not to mention the best selection of any type of cord and rope around and pricing that can't be beat

drop my name if any of you go there

Drove by there..... Just looked like offices, didn't see anything retail looking..... I only did a drive-by though......

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Synergy+Godmode.

Drove by there..... Just looked like offices, didn't see anything retail looking..... I only did a drive-by though......

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Synergy+Godmode.

its way in the back, its basically a warehouse with a tiny area for some desks

If you don't feel shady just being in the parking lot, you're not there yet [laugh]

Theres a sizable residential neighborhood off one side of the lot, and some more shady looking industrial stuff off the other side.

Back
Top Bottom