• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

15 round mags for M&P9?

Went to my local shop today in VT looking for a M&P9 2.0 with the 5” barrel and ran afoul of the new 15 round magazine law. Apparently this particular model only comes with a 17 round mag and I was told that the compact version’s 15 and 10 round mags aren’t compatible. So while they can sell me the gun there is no magazine that they say they can sell me for it. Any suggestion on how to get VT permitted mags for this pistol?

Went to my local shop today in VT looking for a M&P9 2.0 with the 5” barrel and ran afoul of the new 15 round magazine law. Apparently this particular model only comes with a 17 round mag and I was told that the compact version’s 15 and 10 round mags aren’t compatible. So while they can sell me the gun there is no magazine that they say they can sell me for it. Any suggestion on how to get VT permitted mags for this pistol?

The law is ridiculous. As residents the only way to get jammed up would be a mag that became available after April 11th. Buy the pistol and have an out of state friend ship you the mags. If you are close to NH go there and buy them. Hell, if you want have the FFL ship them to me and I will send them back to you. There is no way the state can prove you didn’t have them in your possession prior to April 11.

The law is ridiculous. As residents the only way to get jammed up would be a mag that became available after April 11th. Buy the pistol and have an out of state friend ship you the mags. If you are close to NH go there and buy them. Hell, if you want have the FFL ship them to me and I will send them back to you. There is no way the state can prove you didn’t have them in your possession prior to April 11.
Good point.

Nit picky question probably but is there an FDE version?
The only FDE mag I see is the 17rd version. The FDE mag is just a different base plate.

Vermont will have to catch up to the rest of oppressed America. It is possible to convert a 17rd to a 15rd or 10rd by replacing the internal base plate with one that reduces capacity, or to epoxy in a mag block, or to rivet the body of the mag, or... Lots of ways to convert normal mags to limited mags in ways that meet state laws

Except for a posting on a public forum....

The only FDE mag I see is the 17rd version. The FDE mag is just a different base plate.

Vermont will have to catch up to the rest of oppressed America. It is possible to convert a 17rd to a 15rd or 10rd by replacing the internal base plate with one that reduces capacity, or to epoxy in a mag block, or to rivet the body of the mag, or... Lots of ways to convert normal mags to limited mags in ways that meet state laws
Who does these conversions - the FFL store?

Back
Top Bottom