15 Kilos of Cocaine , seized in a East Boston

Zeo

DRUGS12-17-16a.jpg

BPD Officers Make Significant Drug Bust in East Boston, Seize Four Firearms, Cash and Over 15 Kilos of Cocaine
: At about 9:00pm, on Thursday, December 15, 2016, officers from District A-7 responded to a call for a man with a gun inside 217 Bennington Street in East Boston. On arrival, officers were met by an individual at the front door of the location. Officers informed the individual that there had been a call for person with a gun inside the location. In light of the call, officers sought and received permission to check the premises for the individual believed to be in possession of a firearm. Once inside the location, officers promptly observed what appeared to be several bags of illegal narcotics and multiple items commonly associated with drug distribution. In light of the observations, officers froze the location and applied for a search warrant in order to further understand and ascertain the contents of the apartment. As a result of the search warrant, which was executed on Friday, December 16, 2016, officers were able to locate and take possession of the following:
  • 1) Over 15 kilos of Cocaine
  • 2) One large plastic bag of Heroin (approx 47 Grams)
  • 3) 1,010 pills of 30 MG Oxycodone pills (approx 106 Grams)
  • 4) Over 2 kilos of Crystal Methamphetamine
  • 5) 2 digital scales
  • 6) 5 cell phones
  • 7) $182,819 dollars in US Currency
  • 8) 4 high capacity firearms
  • 9) 6 high Capacity Magazines
  • 10) 162 rounds of ammunition
  • 11) Packaging materials consistent with drug distribution including cellophane, plastic bags, plastic wrap tape
Additionally, officers arrested Roberto Alvayaro, 35, of East Boston and charged him with the following offenses:

• 1) Trafficking Cocaine over 200 Grams
  • 2) Trafficking Crystal Methamphetamine over 200 Grams
  • 3) Trafficking Heroin over 28 Grams
  • 4) Trafficking Class B (Oxycodone) over 100 Grams
  • 5) Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm (Four Counts)
  • 6) Possession large capacity feeding device (Six Counts)
  • 7) Unlawful Possession of Ammunition
Said Commissioner William Evans: “This is a significant drug bust that absolutely makes our community a safer place. In addition to the large quantities of illegal drugs, my officers also confiscated four firearms. There’s no doubt an effort like this certainly makes our city a safer place by disrupting the sale and distribution of illegal drugs in our community and I most certainly have to commend and give credit to my officers for the ongoing courage, commitment and hard work that they put forth every day in their never ending efforts to make our city one of the safest big cities in the country.”

http://bpdnews.com/news/2016/12/17/...ze-four-firearms-and-over-15-kilos-of-cocaine

It seems weird that the charge for 200 grams of coke is the same as the charge for 15,000 grams of coke. You'd think there would be a bigger charge, or maybe 75 individual charges.

It seems weird that the charge for 200 grams of coke is the same as the charge for 15,000 grams of coke. You'd think there would be a bigger charge, or maybe 75 individual charges.
Its Monopoly money cocaine at that point. I'm sure they have brackets. You probably have to beat the 5 ton mark to get into the next tier. BUT. If you do more than 200 tons. I'm sure they'll just give you a job instead.

Supply and demand.
The demand is so high for drugs that it makes the supply risks very rewarding.
We never learned anything from Prohibition.
The war on drugs was lost decades ago, yet we keep fighting it.

$187k in cash and look at those floors.

Ill take a tastefully interior decorated drug dealer ten times out of ten.

highly recommending to all NESers to watch this series on NatGeo called "Drugs Inc": http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/drugs-inc/

enlightening documentary and educational. they should show these to kids in school. the wife and I enjoy watching them. they take the viewer through every aspect of the illicit drug industry, from street sellers and end users to the south american cartels. i have not found the show to be left-leaning even in the slightest. if anything it shows the sheer futility of fighting this war on drugs and how the losers are the small guys + drug addicts themselves.

in Drugs Inc they take an economic (not moral) approach to the drug industry. they show how when large quantities of drugs are seized it actually has ZERO effect on the drug trade's income because it just makes the next shipment of drugs more valuable!

highly recommending to all NESers to watch this series on NatGeo called "Drugs Inc": http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/drugs-inc/

enlightening documentary and educational. they should show these to kids in school. the wife and I enjoy watching them. they take the viewer through every aspect of the illicit drug industry, from street sellers and end users to the south american cartels. i have not found the show to be left-leaning even in the slightest. if anything it shows the sheer futility of fighting this war on drugs and how the losers are the small guys + drug addicts themselves.

in Drugs Inc they take an economic (not moral) approach to the drug industry. they show how when large quantities of drugs are seized it actually has ZERO effect on the drug trade's income because it just makes the next shipment of drugs more valuable!

The only ones that make out are the prisons,lawyers and police.

Don't forget your MA-colored glasses... those deadly "high capacity" items might be some absurd number like... 11. Or 12.

Now, what makes a firearm "high capacity"? I can't get flushfit mags over 8rd for my 1911, but I know I've seen some long, ugly sticks that go up to 20ish and can be used as a monopod.

Don't forget your MA-colored glasses... those deadly "high capacity" items might be some absurd number like... 11. Or 12.

Now, what makes a firearm "high capacity"? I can't get flushfit mags over 8rd for my 1911, but I know I've seen some long, ugly sticks that go up to 20ish and can be used as a monopod.

IIRC large cap = semi auto, detachable mag, and capable of accepting mag that holds more than 10

IIRC large cap = semi auto, detachable mag, and capable of accepting mag that holds more than 10

I know that's what MA says for rifles, but those appear to be pistols in the picture. Wasn't aware MA had a definition concerning capacity for the pistol itself - only the magazines.

Besides, who decided "10" was high capacity? Some liberal who saw Die Hard twice and decided to regulate the "magazine-chambers" to not have "bullet buttons" and "45mm copkiller bullets"?

My mode of thought is that capacity high/standard/low is relative to the weapon. Throw a 12rd magazine on a 1911 in .45 and it protrudes beyond the mag well (and was not designed to do so) so it'd be "high capacity". A 7rd or 8rd mag fits flush and is what the weapon is designed for - it's "standard capacity". Some stupid law somewhere says 6rds maximum, so somebody engineers a mag with a big unusable space, now you've got "low capacity".

Apply the same logic to a Glock 19 and you'll find 33rd magazines that are practically billy clubs and stick out well beyond where they're designed to "high capacity". Meanwhile a 15rd or 17rd magazine fits flush and is the "standard capacity" - what the pistol is designed for. Take an MA compliant 10rd magazine and they've basically filled the other half with lead - there's extra space in the frame so it's "low capacity".

OK, the water gets murky with AR pistols and some of the "assault pistols" and target guns with a magazine out front, but even then they must have a standard size mag they were designed for, and ship with.

Back
Top Bottom