• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

15-17 foot ladder stands

is there any point to these cheap 15 -17 ft ladder stands at dicks . they are like 60$ , and at first thought seemed like a good idea to buy a few and throw them up in my stomping grounds .. but the more i think about it ..15 ft doesnt really seem high enough , not that i go over 18-22 feet depending on if im in a climber or just a hang on , any thoughts?

I have killed a few deer out of that type of stand ,but they can be noisy. Also if you are on public land other people will be using them .

Ok for gun hunting or if you have old or young people in your group. Besides that if you are a serious bow hunter and on a budget buy a cheap hang on. Go high and play the wind.

Buy at least the 20 foot if your bowhunting. Gun hunting the 15 footer is ok.

Weve used the 15 foot ones in ct with success but the deer arent as wary there.

ya thats what i thought , i have 3-4 hang on stands and two climbers .. just trying to have as many options as possible, but sounds like they are not even worth it , but again i didnt really think they were

i would go with climbing sticks and your hang ons, they are easier to move, u can add a section to go higher, and they blend in better w the tree.

i have some old ladders that i leave locked to trees on long term hunting spots, but they dont see much use. its been my experience that mature bucks generally dont go near ladder stands, especially 2 man ladders.

Back
Top Bottom