• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

147gr berry's plated 9mm load data using power pistol

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
I'm newly addicted to reloading, i recently ran out of HS6 which i was previously using to load my 9mm, today i got 2lbs of power pistol. i cannot however find any load data for 147gr berry's plated round nose with this powder. i am figuring about 4.5-5gr but i have no idea what OAL to shoot for.

if anybody could steer me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

thanks

I use 3.9gr of PP with 147 gr. Berrys RN. Makes 130 PF out of our XDM 5.25's. You may/will need more with a shorter barrel, but it's a good starting point. 1.133 OAL
JD

I use 3.9gr of PP with 147 gr. Berrys RN. Makes 130 PF out of our XDM 5.25's. You may/will need more with a shorter barrel, but it's a good starting point. 1.133 OAL
JD

i rolled some of these up last night, i shoot a Glock 34 primarily we will see how it goes. with a TMJ my lyman handbook says 4.5gr, i don't know how that will change with the plated rn

I just chronographed 147 gr X-treme plated with power pistol 1.14 coal 4.5 gr power pistol at 929.9 avg velocity, 58 degrees. If I adjust to 70 degrees at .29 fps/degree I get 933 fps and 137 power factor.

I arrived at the temp factor after comparing the same loads fired at 42 degrees and 72 degrees.

I guess it depends on the bullet, and the barrel length. Extreme 147's @ 1.15 3.9PP ave 859.4 PF 126.33 out of our 5.25 barrels @70 degrees. Berrys 147 3.9PP @1.133 ave 884.2 PF 129.97

Shorter barrels will need more powder or maybe a shorter OAL.

JD

I would be curious as to how much variability is due to the gun, or the different chronographs. Not sure how I can get 100fps faster out of an M&P 9 with the same powder, same bullet, essentially the same OAL, just a little bit cooler outdoor temperature.
It would be interesting to line up the chronographs in series and shoot both of our guns through them.

I'm newly addicted to reloading, i recently ran out of HS6 which i was previously using to load my 9mm, today i got 2lbs of power pistol. i cannot however find any load data for 147gr berry's plated round nose with this powder. i am figuring about 4.5-5gr but i have no idea what OAL to shoot for.

if anybody could steer me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

thanks
See “ultimatereloader.com”.
He did a progressive reloader video & loaded Berry’s 147gr. copper coated with 4.2gr. of CEF-Pistol, ORL 1.150.

Back
Top Bottom