Most powerful .22 ammo??

jeffC

NES Member
Just picked up a new .22. A sig mosquito. As expected, 1 of every 3 shots and I have an issue. I know I'm supposed to use a higher power ammo with this gun, which I wasn't. My question is, with all the .22 ammo available... What's the most powerful around? I know nothing about 22 ammo qualities and reputations. Thanks in advance.

Try CCI minimag. I think the sig only recommended this ammo. It's pretty picky on ammo. I shot one on Wednesday night using the CCI minimag, but still have a few FTF (failed to feed).

Sent from my iPhone 5.

No, I did not clean it first. I DID clean it afterwards top to botto
And rem-oiled it head to toe. I'll try both suggestions and see how It runs. Thanks.

My Mosquito works fine with CCI Mini Mags, CCI Blazer's and Federal Spitfire. I read somewhere that if you lock the slide back for several days and shoot 500 rounds of CCI Mini Mags then it will feed almost anything. And as far as I'm concerned It's true. I hope this helps you.........Jim

My Mosquito loves CCI Minimags but I think they also give you a second spring that you can put in for lower power ammo. First time I shot mine I didn't have any mini mags available so I used some misc. 22LR and it was giving me problems (lower power ammo, high power spring). Since then I've used Minimags with 0 issues - shoots great. I haven't bothered putting the low-power spring in and trying other ammo yet.

CCI mini mags are definitely the best to break in your gun. Try using 100-200 rounds and then switching to something cheaper like Federal bulk or CCI Blazers.

No experience with the mosquito but my Ruger Mark I likes the mini-mag solid points. The hollowpoints aren't as cooperative as the hollowpoint snags the feed ramp from time to time. CCI stingers are excellent. Aguila SSS work pretty good too.

Velocitors or Stingers from CCI

No experience with that but I like the Aguila "Super Maximum" or whatever it is.

I shoot all of these and I'm not so sure I'd run them through the Mosquito. They are hard on my semi rifles, but the bolt guns don't seem to mind. None of them are particularly accurate as far as target shooting goes, but they are close enough to shoot small game. I shoot the Mini-mags through my Mosquito most of the time, But mine doesn't have any issues with the bulk federal ammo either.

Just picked up a new .22. A sig mosquito. As expected, 1 of every 3 shots and I have an issue. I know I'm supposed to use a higher power ammo with this gun, which I wasn't. My question is, with all the .22 ammo available... What's the most powerful around? I know nothing about 22 ammo qualities and reputations. Thanks in advance.

+1 on CCI Minimag to get it broken in. Also keep it well cleaned and oiled. I polished the feed ramp with a dremel and now after a few thousand rounds down the pipe mine will run on any ammo.

Back
Top Bottom