Can a MASS resident legally carry in VT?

If I have a ltc for mass and I own a house in Vermont am I able to buy a firearm in Vermont and bring it to Mass even if it is not on the approved firearm list

If your legal residency is mass and you're able to purchase in VT, I'd say go for it. Just remember to leave any 10+ mags behind.

If I have a ltc for mass and I own a house in Vermont am I able to buy a firearm in Vermont and bring it to Mass even if it is not on the approved firearm list

You'd have to satisfy the ATF's residency requirement by living there enough days out of the year. Otherwise it's a federal offense. Still have to EFA-10 anything brought into Massachusetts as at least a part time MA resident. Also no post ban magazines over 10 rounds or firearms with non MA AWB compliant features.

You'd have to satisfy the ATF's residency requirement by living there enough days out of the year.

No. If you own a home in Vermont and only drive there once a year to buy a gun you are good. Assuming he has a MA drivers license he will need to use a tax or utility bill to buy a pistol in Vermont.

Headed to VT soon for a weekend of shooting and other fun. Wondering if there have been any recent law changes I should know about?
I only have a MA LTC-A.
Thanks

Headed to VT soon for a weekend of shooting and other fun. Wondering if there have been any recent law changes I should know about?
I only have a MA LTC-A.
Thanks
Check the magazine capacity restrictions.

I only have a MA LTC-A.
Thanks
If Mass even finds out that you visited a state that doesn’t require a permit, it’s instant revocation.

Damn. :(
Well, ok. That's fine, because my state knows what's best for me and I'm sure that rule is there for a purpose and I wouldn't want to break it.
[thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom