• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

14.5" barrel, 1.5" brake?

Would it be legal to have a 14.5 inch barrel with a pinned/welded 1.5 inch brake, making it a 16" inch total 'barrel'? Or would it be a SBR?

Thanks

FN P90 has a 10.4" barrel but you can still buy it in MA. They sell it with permanently mounted 6 inch "fake supressor" or "barrel extender" or whatever they call that concoction on the nose...

FN P90 has a 10.4" barrel but you can still buy it in MA. They sell it with permanently mounted 6 inch "fake supressor" or "barrel extender" or whatever they call that concoction on the nose...
P90?

I'd deal with a big chunk of metal on the front for the real thing otherwise...

A 10.4" barrel with a permanently affixed fake whatever on the end of it to bring it up to 16", instead of just having the full 16" barrel, is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

A 10.4" barrel with a permanently affixed fake whatever on the end of it to bring it up to 16", instead of just having the full 16" barrel, is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Apparently, you've never seen this:
maxresdefault.jpg

I was under the impression it was a threaded pencil barrel under the faux suppressor (which is sketchy in this state I'd imagine) like the 22 mp5 and vector... it the other statement is true then yes, genuinely stupid

I was under the impression it was a threaded pencil barrel under the faux suppressor like the 22 mp5 and vector... it the other statement is true then yes, genuinely stupid
I've seen big, open-ended cans, like the blast diverters. They also make long cages, just to meet the meter of the law. For example, what if you're running a 9mm load that burns its powder in 10"? Those extra 6" are slowing down the projectile more than it would in open air.

I've seen big, open-ended cans, like the blast diverters. They also make long cages, just to meet the meter of the law. For example, what if you're running a 9mm load that burns its powder in 10"? Those extra 6" are slowing down the projectile more than it would in open air.
that's partly why I filed an eform1 on my ptr the minute I got it home hah

I was under the impression it was a threaded pencil barrel under the faux suppressor (which is sketchy in this state I'd imagine) like the 22 mp5 and vector... it the other statement is true then yes, genuinely stupid
I see. If that is the case then that is fair enough. If you're going to have the 16" length, you might as well get the benefits of having the barrel.

For example, what if you're running a 9mm load that burns its powder in 10"? Those extra 6" are slowing down the projectile more than it would in open air.
The extra 6" does not slow the projectile down just because the powder burn is complete in the first 10". The velocity still increases. There is a point of diminishing returns, yes. But you do still increase velocity between 10 and 16". You also reduce sound, flash, and muzzle blast with the extra barrel length.

Back
Top Bottom