"Fast And Furious/Gunwalker" mega-thread... was: ATF director expected to resign...

Much ado about nothing, really. It won't change the culture there.

Oh look at this gem...

Attorney General Eric Holder will meet Tuesday with Andrew Traver, head of the ATF field office in Chicago about potentially serving as acting director of the ATF to replace Melson.

Isn't he the full blown anti Obama tried to appoint? Oh wait, yes. So now they are basically skirting around the senate by firing this other guy.

-Mike

Just hope that once he's sacked he'll go on all of the talk shows and start blabbing. Or, that he will now start naming names under congressional subpoena.

You know whats Sad? Remember that "under the radar" comment? Think of the new guy thats going to be in charge (from Chicago, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you)... Under The Radar my ass, this move is so obvious a deaf/blind dog could see it coming.

Great, now we get a member of the Chicago syndicate running the ATF. They really know how to do gun laws in Chicago.

Isn't he the full blown anti Obama tried to appoint? Oh wait, yes. So now they are basically skirting around the senate by firing this other guy.

-Mike
Hey, if he doesn't need permission to start wars, he certainly doesn't need to ask about something as petty as appointments... Come on, what's the point of being king if he can't throw his weight around.

Bus, meet ATF director... Director... Bus...

I really hope Issa doesn't let it end here. There need to be criminal charges and Holder needs to be fired as well.

Holder must go

This. Although he no doubt tried to put several layers of buffers between him and the decision of the ATF to run this operation, it's apparent that the purpose of Fast and Furious was to make legitimate gun dealers and private firearms owners look like the bad guys. It was not as Fox News termed it a "botched" gun tracing operation. It was in fact an operation to bolster Obama's claims about guns bought in US gun stores making their way to Mexican drug cartels. Does it strike anyone else as more than a bit curious how many of these guns just happened to be dropped at crime scenes and conveniently recovered by Mexican authorities?

Since the Director of the ATF must be approved by Congress, I expect a lot of opposition to any Obama appointee. I also expect him to try to end run the process by waiting for a Congressional recess to make a recess appointment.

Even getting rid of Holder will only be a partial solution. Remember this in November of 2012 if you are tempted to stay home or or vote for someone in protest because you don't like the Republican nominee. Four more years of Obama will mean the end of the US as we know it.

Not enough: Kenneth Melson committed felony based on the black letters of the law and shall be prosecuted. But what do I know.

As we know,this goes a lot further then the acting ATF chief, it might well end up with a trial for treason.

PJM has a very well written ariticle that connects the dots enough to keep Issa and Grassley investigation still open.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/gunwalker-from-obamas-inauguration-to-issas-report/

"Under Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution, any person who levies war against the United States or adheres to its enemies by giving them aid and comfort is guilty of the act of treason. Gunwalker supplied narco-terrorists on our southern border with thousands of firearms.

Less dramatic, but more damning, is the fact that those that authorized this operation betrayed our ally Mexico, and are arguably accessories to more than 150 shootings of Mexican law enforcement officers and soldiers.

The Constitution puts no one above the law. If Melson, Napolitano, Holder, Obama and their staffs were complicit in a plot to arm narco-terrorists that led to hundreds dead and wounded, they must face justice."

I heard the house is going to not technically go into recess, even though nobody will be there, just to block any recess appointments.

If Boehner can block it by keeping the House open, that's great. Makes Reid even more irrelevant than he currently is. I have no illusions that Dingy Harry would let his fellow traveler sneak his guy in in the dark.

As we know,this goes a lot further then the acting ATF chief, it might well end up with a trial for treason.

PJM has a very well written ariticle that connects the dots enough to keep Issa and Grassley investigation still open.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/gunwalker-from-obamas-inauguration-to-issas-report/

"Under Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution, any person who levies war against the United States or adheres to its enemies by giving them aid and comfort is guilty of the act of treason. Gunwalker supplied narco-terrorists on our southern border with thousands of firearms.

Less dramatic, but more damning, is the fact that those that authorized this operation betrayed our ally Mexico, and are arguably accessories to more than 150 shootings of Mexican law enforcement officers and soldiers.

The Constitution puts no one above the law. If Melson, Napolitano, Holder, Obama and their staffs were complicit in a plot to arm narco-terrorists that led to hundreds dead and wounded, they must face justice."

Going to be a lot of explaining going on,

Within weeks of President Obama’s inauguration in January of 2009, newly installed Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Attorney General Eric Holder began to craft the meme that Mexican drug cartel violence was rooted in what they view as lax American gun laws. By February 4, we were hearing the infamous “90 percent lie,” the administration’s false accusation that 90 percent of the guns used in cartel crime could be traced to U.S. gun shops.

The assertion was not based upon the total percentage of civilian-origin firearms captured from Mexican cartels and traced back to U.S. gun shops, but upon the small percentage of weapons that the Mexican government saw markings on which indicated they could have come from or through the States. Only this much smaller percentage of guns were sent to the ATF for tracing. Unsurprisingly, a large percentage of guns with U.S. markings did come from the U.S., but they were a small fraction of the total number of guns confiscated by Mexican authorities.

So, the left has already begun talk of introducing multiple long gun sales reporting legislation, and it's being reported that Melson might step down and be replaced by Obama's buddy Traver.

Is this the "under the rader" gun control that Obama has been talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is their version of "under the radar," their radar needs to be recalibrated. I'm surprised that the Brady bunch hasn't jumped in to condemn the ATF. Seems like their own pet agency was actively promoting the illegal distribution of guns. We all know that reasonable gun laws are for the children and to protect us from ourselves.

I can't wait to see who takes the fall for this.

So, the left has already begun talk of introducing multiple long gun sales reporting legislation, and it's being reported that Melson might step down and be replaced by Obama's buddy Traver.

Is this the "under the rader" gun control that Obama has been talking about?

If it is, it's a pretty crappy example of doing something under the RADAR. This scandal has grown so much that even MSNBC is covering it. Bloggers and on line news outlets started covering this scandal back in January. Mexican media was ahead of the MSM in covering this story. In February CBS picked up the story, then Fox, then Rush Limbaugh started to talk about it on his radio show. Gunwalker media timeline. It's an interesting article because is shows that Wikileaks and whistleblowing ATF agents had a large role in bringing this scandal to light. Will this go right into the Oval Office? I don't think so, but I think that some high ranking cabinet members might find themselves out of jobs and possibly indicted. Of course, I wonder what will happen if Mexico indicts them and demands extradition?

This goes much higher then Melson,and if they are going throw him under a bus and think its over well "they will need a bigger bus" !
Isaa knows this an he is not letting it end here.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/21/i...igation-points-much-higher-than-atf-director/

"Even if Melson resigns, Issa spokesman Frederick Hill said the Committee expects to find much more and continue with investigations. “The investigations are far from over,” Hill told TheDC. “It’s quite certain that Kenneth Melson was not the principal architect of this plan nor was he the only high-ranking official who knew about and authorized this operation.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/21/i...-much-higher-than-atf-director/#ixzz1PwNxklAz

They need to connect this failed project with gun control, and see it through to the end of gun control.

fastnfurious-thumb-700xauto-137.jpg

Back
Top Bottom