• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA FFL's Heads UP, EOPS is sending out a letter with bad info.

Maybe but I think he is 110% complicit in it, and if he's getting an "edict" it's not very specific, because he's been caught causing trouble for MA gun owners since he got into that position. They might as well have given John Rosenthal the job, it would be pretty much the same thing.
I have no question that Guida believes in what he is doing. He's not doing this reluctantly at Patrick's bidding. He's doing it enthusiastically at Patrick's bidding. But he wouldn't be doing this if Patrick didn't want him to -- he wouldn't step out on that limb.

Jim touched on it today. There's also some new legislation news at about the halfway point, we'll have a more formal release about it next week but suffice to say we are introducing legislation to repeal the AWB in MA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim touched on it today. There's also some new legislation news at about the halfway point, we'll have a more formal release about it next week but suffice to say we are introducing legislation to repeal the AWB in MA.

Maybe I'll hold off on buying that AR then [smile]

Repealing the AWB could be the best thing to happen to this state since.... forever.

Now if only I could get my $75 back from my FID check.......

Repealing the AWB could be the best thing to happen to this state since.... forever.
Don't hold your breath. We simply don't have the votes in the State House to pass it, let alone override Patrick's veto.

Our only hope is a SCOTUS decision.

I wonder if hitting the gun laws in MA with (you should pardon the expression) both barrels at once would work. If there are bills to repeal the AWB, end the EOPS tyranny over what we can buy, and reform the gun laws - all at once - would some of the anti-gun politicians then be on the defensive - IE, vote for one in exchange for not passing the other?

In other words... do the antis what they've been doing with us for decades. Press them hard so that they can only afford to vote down one of the many pro-gun bills.

Yeah, I know. It's Marxachusetts. Probably not gonna happen. But hey, you know the saying:

Mel said:
The best defense is a good offense!

dwarven1, they won't vote down the pro-gun bills. They haven't in the past. They don't have to. The bills never get out of committee.

I knew someone would be along sooner or later with an ice-water douche of reality.
sigh.gif

You couldn't have let me enjoy my fantasy for even 15 minutes?

I wonder if hitting the gun laws in MA with (you should pardon the expression) both barrels at once would work. If there are bills to repeal the AWB, end the EOPS tyranny over what we can buy, and reform the gun laws - all at once - would some of the anti-gun politicians then be on the defensive - IE, vote for one in exchange for not passing the other?

In other words... do the antis what they've been doing with us for decades. Press them hard so that they can only afford to vote down one of the many pro-gun bills.

Yeah, I know. It's Marxachusetts. Probably not gonna happen. But hey, you know the saying:

Every year lately there have been GOAL bills doing just this.

Back
Top Bottom