• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

12ga Chamber Adapters

my adapters came today haven’t brought them to the range yet. But the fit seems very tight, not between the adapter and the shotty. Between the adapter and whatever cartridge I’m putting in. I definetly need to push the 44Mag rounds into them. Anyone know if I should be using case lube or wax with these things?

my adapters came today haven’t brought them to the range yet. But the fit seems very tight, not between the adapter and the shotty. Between the adapter and whatever cartridge I’m putting in. I definetly need to push the 44Mag rounds into them. Anyone know if I should be using case lube or wax with these things?

DO NOT USE ANY LUBE ON THE CARTRIDGES.

Are you using factory ammo or reloads?

Did you clean and inspect the chamber of the adapter?

Properly sized rounds should drop in freely just like any other chamber. If you are using reloads, have you used a case gauge to verify the sizing of your ammo?

If I had to push factory ammo into the chamber, I'd be investigating why......starting with the ammo, then looking at the chamber. Then either returning the adapter for a better one or polishing the chamber with a bore mop in a drill and some flitz metal polish.

DO NOT USE ANY LUBE ON THE CARTRIDGES.

Are you using factory ammo or reloads?

Did you clean and inspect the chamber of the adapter?

Properly sized rounds should drop in freely just like any other chamber. If you are using reloads, have you used a case gauge to verify the sizing of your ammo?

If I had to push factory ammo into the chamber, I'd be investigating why......starting with the ammo, then looking at the chamber. Then either returning the adapter for a better one or polishing the chamber with a bore mop in a drill and some flitz metal polish.

awesome advice thank you. I’m using factory ammo Hornady and Remington. Same issue on both 44Mag and 410. I’ll definitely try cleaning and polishing as you describe.

I don't see the point.
12G target loads are typically cheaper than 20G, 410 or 28G.
We wont even start on how hard to get Sub-gauge rounds are right now.
This reminds me of an old Columbo episode. Some was murdered, but the suspect only had a larger caliber gun and there was no way a gun could have been smuggled out of the room. The police came up dry tossing the room for the small caliber gun. Columbo solved the case by having the search team expand coverage to areas that could hide a caliber reducer, and found it secreted in a lamp.

Figured i would put a plug in for the Dina arms shotgun adapters. I took them to the range today after cleaning and polishing them like I stated above. They worked flawlessly out of my 12GA SxS. I was shooting .410 which is smooth and 44MAG which is actually rifled and was getting pretty spot on accuracy out to 25 Yards. The real surprise came when i tried to use them in my Mossberg pump. The adapters are designed to hold the cartridge a tad bit more snug than a typical adapter. This allowed them to actually cycle in my pump. I only had 3 adapters two .410s and one 44Mag. through 27 shots I didn't have any malfunctions other than bad aim. Recoil from the .410 is, as expected, non existent. From the .44 its very minimal as well, about the feel of an aguila shorty.

Back
Top Bottom