• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Mass Licening Survey Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comm2A

Director Comm2a
Dealer
NES Member
Today we're launching the Massachusetts Licensing Survey. This survey is a long term project designed to capture specific and accurate data about licensing practices in MA cities and towns. We believe that this survey will yield important data that will help Comm2A and others focus their activities.

If you have applied for or received a MA firearms license within the last six months, please take a moment to fill out the survey.

More information about the survey and its objectives can be found at Comm2A.

Last edited:
Good Luck with this, it will be good to see some valid and up to date information. I renew Next April, so if you're still collecting data, I'll fill out the survey then. We're getting a new Chief as the current one is retiring here shortly. So it will be good to see how he does if you get some data for my town as the new Chief starts.

It would be great to get a flyer (just a simple 8.5x11 sheet) for this which could be posted at local gun clubs/gun shops. NES will reach lots of folks but gun club bill boards might pick up even more.

Does Comm2A have any objection if folks were to make their own, or would they prefer to make one up?

Good Luck with this, it will be good to see some valid and up to date information. I renew Next April, so if you're still collecting data, I'll fill out the survey then. We're getting a new Chief as the current one is retiring here shortly. So it will be good to see how he does if you get some data for my town as the new Chief starts.

This is a long-term on-going survey. We plan to keep it running indefinitely to track current practices and trends.

It would be great to get a flyer (just a simple 8.5x11 sheet) for this which could be posted at local gun clubs/gun shops. NES will reach lots of folks but gun club bill boards might pick up even more.

Does Comm2A have any objection if folks were to make their own, or would they prefer to make one up?

Reach is important and the wider population from which we're able to gather data will make the survey more relevant. One of the things we'll do is reach out to BFS instructors as they have contact with potential new applicants.

By all means share this survey. The only caveat I'll add is we was recent data. It's not useful to have data about what happened to someone's father-in-law when he applied six years ago before he moved out of state.

I just filled it out, and I'd love to get access to the final report on the data.

Just recently went through a lame tete a tete with SPD regarding arbitrary restrictions and philosophy.

Also, if it hasn't been thought about, it might be useful to see the disparity in how women are treated in the process. You see anecdotal evidence here that women are told to bring back their fathers or husbands in order to apply.

Yea good idea I also need to re up May 2012 I will be happy to fill this out if you still need my info in a year.

I'll be filling this out soon, as I expire in Aug. Glad to see a serious tracking effort, it'll be nice to have hard data to look at in the future.

<--- completed survey.

Good luck. I hope you get some useful info.

Filled out the survey and will pass the info on to a couple other people i know that have recently receieved/applied for their LTC.

I got my LTC-A within the last two years. Is that too old? i.e. you really only want to know about the last six months?

a lot can change in that time frame in regards to licensing officers, etc. I suspect they are looking for certain criteria NOW and don't want any old information in there.

Filled it out. I did have issues with Everett PD (some good, some bad) with the application process and the time it took to receive my license but it was worth the wait and aggravation for a non-restricted LTC. [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom