• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

12-year-old suspended after teacher spots toy gun during virtual class

But it's a losing battle for them, cause after this buying spree we're at the point where everyone owns a gun except a small contingent of anti gunners who actually aren't hypocrites. Sure, a lot of Democratic constituents are illegal gun owners but they're still gun owners.
If they are "illegal gun owners", they are felons and I have no use for them. I had to take the time, effort, expense and other bullshit to get my MA FID and Jill had to go through an equal amount of shit to get her resident alien rifle/shotgun permit. She was born in Canada as an infant and raised in the bayous in Louisiana. A felon is a felon. If they own a gun, jail them. No friends of ours!

I was just trying to get your general take on the article.

I just talked to my neighbor tonight to give her a heads up on some of the stuff I've been reading as her 15 year twins are about to start school.
I don't want to see her house swatted because some nitwit saw an umbrella in the corner and called it in as an assault weapon or something.
She's going to set them up so there is nothing but blank wall behind them.

Although I will say our school district , at least when my kid was in school ,leans more towards the middle to the conservative side , she did tell me that over the summer one of the special needs teachers got canned for contacting kids over the summer pushing them to go out and attend BLM protests.
Good shitcanning IMHO.

I didn't read it, but there was an exchange I wrote in the Everything But Riots Except For Twitter Posts Megathread, right around post 10,666 or so, which addresses my thoughts on all this. TL,DR?

1. Schools were recording Zoom meetings in the spring because they were concerned about equity with kids who had malfunctional technology, and who couldn't access the lesson. That excuse should be gone now, though YMMV based on how much money your schools have and on the strength of the WiFi in your AO.
2. Schools are getting conflicting advice on whether they can require kids to show themselves.
3. In my experience, teachers are trying very hard to NOT see anything incriminating in a student's background on Zoom, given the shitstorm they know that will produce. I'm sure some of them are just creeps who want to pry, but most of us would really rather not.
4. An awful lot of parents are really hard to get ahold of. Surprisingly so. They'll give the schools false numbers, fake emails, or they flat-out won't reply at all.
5. It is wise to show almost nothing in your background at all. Virtual backgrounds are just fine. It keeps everybody out of trouble.

That's my take on the whole subject. We start remotely next Wednesday, and I'm almost sure it'll be a mess.

Just hang a pair of glasses over the camera lens. It will always be out of focus, which just has to be a defective camera 😲

Just hang a pair of glasses over the camera lens. It will always be out of focus, which just has to be a defective camera 😲
Take a picture of little Jane or Johnny setting at the computer with a "sterile" background. Turn camera on, but cover lens. Use picture as virtual background. Voila, perfect attendance, with no hassles.

If they are "illegal gun owners", they are felons and I have no use for them. I had to take the time, effort, expense and other bullshit to get my MA FID and Jill had to go through an equal amount of shit to get her resident alien rifle/shotgun permit. She was born in Canada as an infant and raised in the bayous in Louisiana. A felon is a felon. If they own a gun, jail them. No friends of ours!

Hmm, so when the state decides you're a felon cause they don't like you owning guns, are you going to go lock yourself up?

That wasn't really my point though - it was that the Dems are running out of anti-gun voters.

Hmm, so when the state decides you're a felon cause they don't like you owning guns, are you going to go lock yourself up?

That wasn't really my point though - it was that the Dems are running out of anti-gun voters.
Gang bangers and other convicted felons own more guns than us law abiding citizens do. Most are black and Hispanic, as evidence of the the large numbers of gun murders in jurisdictions with both strict gun laws ( NYC, Chicago and Washington DC) and also black and Hispanic crime rates and a lot of illegal aliens. These a**h***s are causing the hysterical cries from liberal Democrats for more gun control..

Gang bangers and other convicted felons own more guns than us law abiding citizens do. Most are black and Hispanic, as evidence of the the large numbers of gun murders in jurisdictions with both strict gun laws ( NYC, Chicago and Washington DC) and also black and Hispanic crime rates and a lot of illegal aliens. These a**h***s are causing the hysterical cries from liberal Democrats for more gun control..

Dude, gun control has nothing to do with crime. Why do you think as violent crime has been decreasing for 2 decades, the call for gun control grows louder?

Just don't get too cozy with the state, you'll get smothered.

While I believe there is a law mandating a colored tip on fake guns, I don;t think there is a law against dippling the tips of real guns in orange paint.
You have a future in Data Processing.

I got in trouble in preschool for making a paper gun with scissors and construction paper.
Go Pop-Tart, or go home.

I was dismayed to read El Paso County. I thought Texas had gone down the drain. I didn't read it correctly. It's a disgusting abuse but I'm not surprised this happened in the liberal shithole that Colorado has become.

A year later a letter of apology is written to try and avoid a lawsuit against the school district on advice of the district's counsel?
This is totally to avoid a lawsuit…if I were the parents I would not back down…a few years ago my son went to school (real in person, pre covid bs) and found a spent 22LR casing in his sweatshirt pocket from last time we went shooting, he panicked a little, he was probably 10 at the time, pulled the teacher aside, she told him not a big deal, just throw it away and it ended there, while it was nothing it could have turned into a disaster if the teacher wasn’t reasonable…

Back
Top Bottom