12-year-old boy in custody after holding up gas station, firing off warning shot inside

Eddie_Valiant

NES Member
HARTFORD, Mich. — A 12-year-old boy is in custody after law enforcement said he robbed a gas station of cash and fired off a shot inside Wednesday afternoon in Hartford.
Just before 4 p.m. on Wednesday, 911 dispatchers got a call about an armed robbery at the Marathon gas station at 108 East Main Street, which is just a block from the police station.
Hartford (MI) Police said the boy went to school, went home, and then retrieved the gun from a parent's gun safe before walking to the gas station.

Why couldn’t a round “pop off” when he was fumbling with the slide. He’s 12 I would imagine getting socked from behind would have knocked him out cold.

He just fvcked up his entire life and that of his family.

In a just world, that clerk should have pulled out a Glock from the safe instead of a money bag and killed his ass right where he stood.
Lol… you think he has family?

Why couldn’t a round “pop off” when he was fumbling with the slide. He’s 12 I would imagine getting socked from behind would have knocked him out cold.

A mom passed out at home, maybe.

New meat.
The Pipe Hitting ******* wont get him right away.
The older boys in detention will all be taking turns though.
They will turn this boy out so fast he'll be a bitch by the weekend.

He looks so innocent and young in the video, even if I was CCW, I would not have shot him.

Maybe I should rethink that or I could end up dead. I hope never to have to make that choice.

I bet if he saw this he would have kept his cherry:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avZdCDjsu9w

Fish: A Memoir of a Boy in a Man's Prison​

When seventeen-year-old T. J. Parsell held up the local Photo Mat with a toy gun, he was sentenced to four and a half to fifteen years in prison. The first night of his term, four older inmates drugged Parsell and took turns raping him. When they were through, they flipped a coin to decide who would "own" him. Forced to remain silent about his rape by a convict code among inmates (one in which informers are murdered), Parsell's experience that first night haunted him throughout the rest of his sentence. In an effort to silence the guilt and pain of its victims, the issue of prisoner rape is a story that has not been told. For the first time Parsell, one of America's leading spokespeople for prison reform, shares the story of his coming of age behind bars. He gives voice to countless others who have been exposed to an incarceration system that turns a blind eye to the abuse of the prisoners in its charge. Since life behind bars is so often exploited by television and movie re-enactments, the real story has yet to be told. Fish is the first breakout story to do that.

Amazon product ASIN B06XCXNZNGView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCXNZNG/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

I am surprised he recognized the failure to completely cycle and knew to clear it.

Was this so out of character for this kid that the parents actually though giving him the key or combo to the family gun safe was a good idea?

The Pipe Hitting ******* wont get him right away.
The older boys in detention will all be taking turns though.
They will turn this boy out so fast he'll be a bitch by the weekend.

He looks so innocent and young in the video, even if I was CCW, I would not have shot him.

Maybe I should rethink that or I could end up dead. I hope never to have to make that choice.

I bet if he saw this he would have kept his cherry:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avZdCDjsu9w

Fish: A Memoir of a Boy in a Man's Prison​

Here's the musical version:

View: https://youtu.be/5KrU5sBjpOM

Well, nobody shot him, and things turned out for the best. Good idea to think about how difficult it would be, though. A man's got to know his limitations.

Well, nobody shot him, and things turned out for the best. Good idea to think about how difficult it would be, though. A man's got to know his limitations.
Indeed.

To use lethal force, 5 elements have to be present.

I see 4 elements present.

The last is Reasonableness. In short, would a reasonable person shoot the 12 year old?

If he is cute and innocent looking, does that make him less deadly?

I have never even thought of such a scenario in all my training.

I look forward to Andrew Branca's assessment and I think this short video will stir his conscience.

Most lethal force situations are not super complicated.

You either have all 5 elements or you are going to jail.

It may even be easier to live with myself to take a not fatal bullet injury than to kill a 12 year old. A bullet injury can take a couple years off your life but even worse to live with the heartache of killing a 12 year old.

You can't fall into that trap in a life and death situation though. You need to get training in the use if lethal force if you think this...

If a XXXXX boy enters my house and poses a lethal threat - would I shoot him?

If a XXXXX boy enters my house and poses a lethal threat - would I shoot him?

No matter who your attacker is you can only shoot if there is an imminent and unavoidable threat of grievous bodily injury or death.

You can't be judgemental on looks and only use lethal force if it's necessary.

I refer to the story of the young kid who fired many rounds from his AR while indoors at people who were trying to kill him. You may say - "Oh, I'd never shoot an AR indoors as it could cause permanent hearing loss for the rest of my life." Well if you have good judgement and those attackers are about to kill you - you MUST defend yourself.

A foolish person could say - there are attackers and I can get away with killing them - but I'd go deaf for the rest of my life. Therfore I wont shoot them. If that is your rationale - you are not justified to using lethal force. If you are justified in using lethal force then you have no options - it's a last resort. Not using lethal force would NOT be reasonable because you would likely end up with grievous woulds or be killed.

If possible I think you should yell "Don't Move!!!" and "Drop the knife!" but in so many cases the attack is underway and there is no negotiation at that point.

I blame the parents. Guaranteed Dad isn’t in the picture. Kid probably needed the money for an abortion for his pregnant 13 year old girlfriend.

“….retrieved the gun from a parent's gun safe before walking to the gas station.”

Food for thought: could your 12-year-old get into your gun safe?

“….retrieved the gun from a parent's gun safe before walking to the gas station.”

Food for thought: could your 12-year-old get into your gun safe?

Of course.

Then again, my wife and I try to be good role models, so if my 10 year old shoots someone, it's a good shoot, and someone that needed shooting. I want him to have access to my firearms fast.

Why do I need a license to drive? And have legal hoops to jump through to buy a gun, or a suppressor? Yet people can procreate willy nilly and produce garbage kids and have no repercussions?

Schools, because parents are checked out, need to identify these dipshits at an early age and sterilize the majority of people so they stop reproducing.

Don't look shocked! We did it with Indians, instead of stopping the program we should have expanded it to all races, colors and creeds.

In a just world, that clerk should have pulled out a Glock from the safe instead of a money bag and killed his ass right where he stood.

He's 13. He'll be turning his life around any day now. Hell they might just give him the keys to the city for shooting the ceiling rather than the clerk.

C'mon, Man!

:)

He's 13. He'll be turning his life around any day now. Hell they might just give him the keys to the city for shooting the ceiling rather than the clerk.

C'mon, Man!

I'll bet he never see's 16.

C'mon, Man!

He will turn out like that kid in Venice Beach who ran over the mother pushing her baby. That kid was on probation when he decided to play GTA Venice Beach.
From Fox news.
The 17-year-old who pleaded guilty to driving a car into a woman walking her child in a stroller in Venice, California has a criminal background and was on probation at the time of the incident, Fox News has learned.

The teenager was previously convicted of felony poisoning after spiking a teenage girl's drink in 2019 at Palmdale High School, which sent her to the hospital.

Probably should have.
It's not like he's going to improve with age.
Might actually save a few innocent lives down the line.

What does that mean?
I thought Rob's comment was pretty funny.
I never heard of that but figured it out.
I can just imagine some smart ass kid with math skills and safe cracking skills breaking into his dads safe with graph paper.

Sometimes with Rob and AMH, they make comments that you have to think about for a bit before it makes sense and is funny.

Back
Top Bottom