• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

12 Strong, The Horse Soldiers of Afghanistan

Just finished the movie On Demand. The true story of 12 Special Forces soldiers who were apparently the first American troops into Afghanistan to fight the Taliban after 9/11. Hell of a story. The balls on those guys are not to be believed. True American heroes, every single one of them. [bow]

Great story and book, personally I thought the movie was cheesy and not that good.

Would love for somebody to make a movie about the book Lions of Kandahar. Has to be done right though not just an excuse to make money. That book was incredible.

Would love for somebody to make a movie about the book Lions of Kandahar. Has to be done right though not just an excuse to make money. That book was incredible.

They’re NEVER done right. Never.

I avoid these movies because I know I’ll be disappointed. I prefer the books. That goes triple if the name “Jerry Bruckheimer” is anywhere in the credits.

Last edited:
They’re NEVER done right. Never.

I avoid these movies because I know I’ll be disappointed. I prefer the books. That goes triple if the name “Jerry Bruckheimer” is anywhere in the credits.

i thought Black Hawk Down was outstanding. The book was more balanced, not patriotic like the movie, but the movie nailed it.

Red October also nailed it imo. Except for what’s his face as Ryan. I wish they would make Red Storm Riaing but that’s be tough, too much hardware.

There's a documentary about (and with) those guys. They still hang out together, family style. They filmed them on a camping trip. The guy in charge is now a 1 or 2 star, and still SOCOM.

i thought Black Hawk Down was outstanding. The book was more balanced, not patriotic like the movie, but the movie nailed it.

Red October also nailed it imo. Except for what’s his face as Ryan. I wish they would make Red Storm Riaing but that’s be tough, too much hardware.

I know quite a few of the guys from Gothic Serpent (BHD) and remember when they were filming down in Georgia. The Rangers told the actors if they didn’t get haircuts to Ranger standard (at the time) that they were going to hold them down and do it themselves. lol They did have a lot of input as to how it went.

Just finished the movie On Demand. The true story of 12 Special Forces soldiers who were apparently the first American troops into Afghanistan to fight the Taliban after 9/11. Hell of a story. The balls on those guys are not to be believed. True American heroes, every single one of them. [bow]

I need to read the book - the movie wasn't my favorite - I think the bar on war movies has just been raised so high that I'm spoiled.

"Most things in here *edit* react too well to bullets"

Back
Top Bottom