12 gauge turkey loads

What do people here use for turkey in 12 gauge?

I have a 28" Remington Wingmaster. I also had shoulder surgery about 10 years ago, so want to keep it on the lighter side. At some future point, I might get a 20 gauge Ithaca instead (my neighbor has one and loves it).

Thanks.

the heavier the better so whatever you can handle. turkeys are tough. i use 3.5inch 2.25ounce load of number 4's. havnt had to shoot a bird twice yet. all tagged out for this season.

High brass 8 Dram(ish) #6's are the standard. If you want to move to some of the fancier loads (tungsten, etc.) w/ a little less horsepower, they probably have the same knockdown power.

Remington 3" #5. Have yet to fire them at anything besides the patterning poster though. Time is running out for the Spring season. I think I may have to skip work a few days next week!

Remington 3" #5's for me, too. Specifically: Premier® High-Velocity Magnum Copper-Plated Buffered Turkey Loads

For your shoulder, you might look at some of the lighter 2 3/4" loads

2 3/4" #4,#5, or #6 work for me. Work on calling and you will find that you don't need 3 1/2" magnum loads fired out of an

extra full turkey choked barrel the length of a small truck. Good luck. [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom