12 gauge slug price

chinalfr

NES Member
I was @ cabelas. Federal 12 gauge slug for $2.99 per box of 5. Is this a good price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not 3 inch.

I'm kind of noob on shotgun. Got a Saiga 12, but have not shot yet.

Thx for the Wally info. Guess Wally world is cheaper. I will need to load up on my next Wally world visit.

I have a saiga too. Get some fed bird shot. Its at wallmart in a 100 pack. I have not shot buck or slugs yet, Just got some slugs and buck. I had fun shooting it. I just put a choke on it.

It's not 3 inch.

I'm kind of noob on shotgun. Got a Saiga 12, but have not shot yet.

Thx for the Wally info. Guess Wally world is cheaper. I will need to load up on my next Wally world visit.

The wally world might be cheap but it also might not be strong enough to cycle the gun fully without modifications like a weaker recoil spring or different gas plug. You might want to buy some full power buckshot or slugs too in order to test it out and break it in some. I know mine wasn't liking some low power loads when I first brought it out but it cycled fine on the full power 2 3/4 and 3 inch. You can probably find some cheap winchester buckshot that should work out well.

Last edited:
They had slug 15 round packs for around $10.00. I got around 12 or so jams out of 100 rounds birdshot all were win. Had one box of fed did good no jams. The win shells are not made as good as feds shells. They are lighter they get hung up. I also lube rails and bolt.

Best deal is the Wal Mart 15 round bulk packs of either Winchester or Remington slugs/00 buck shot for $8.99. My Saiga runs 100% with either.

Best deal is the Wal Mart 15 round bulk packs of either Winchester or Remington slugs/00 buck shot for $8.99. My Saiga runs 100% with either.
I saw that at my local Walmart Winchester Super X hollow point slugs 15 round packs and bought all 8 boxes.

I saw that at my local Walmart Winchester Super X hollow point slugs 15 round packs and bought all 8 boxes.

Got lucky since they didn't limit you to just 6 boxes per purchase? I shot the Winchester slug on my Saiga. +1 on SKS Ray. It's runs 100%. Got to love the 12 gauge recoil. [smile][smile]

Got lucky since they didn't limit you to just 6 boxes per purchase? I shot the Winchester slug on my Saiga. +1 on SKS Ray. It's runs 100%. Got to love the 12 gauge recoil. [smile][smile]
The guy working there didn't say anything when I asked for all that was there. Maybe he didn't know how to count[thinking]. But it did take me 25 minutes and asking 3 different workers to finally find the guy with the key.

Wallyworld has just about the best prices going, especially if you can get the 15-rnd packs. The 6-box limit is only rifle/handgun ammo, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom