• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

12 gauge Hog Balls?

This is where a inexpensive lee load all comes in handy. You can load all sorts of stuff.
Had a bunch of cast lead balls i loaded up , my buddy asked about loading some cubed shaped projectiles. His thoughts are it would add some damage to objects hit?

Ballistic Machinist is selling the solid steel dumbbells mentioned in the above TF video.

I wonder if you can do that by making one ball heavier than the other and loading the heavier ball in first? It would be fun to play around with.
Make one out of tungsten? Difficulty seems to be getting separation without just tearing out the wire from the shock.

Ballistic Machinist is selling the solid steel dumbbells mentioned in the above TF video.

Make one out of tungsten? Difficulty seems to be getting separation without just tearing out the wire from the shock.

Cool video for sure. That dumbbell round is more stable than I thought it would be.

Bob

I wonder if you can do that by making one ball heavier than the other and loading the heavier ball in first? It would be fun to play around with.

Bob

I’m not sure that’s how physics works. Momentum is a product of mass and velocity. Assuming that the mass of both projectiles determines the overall velocity of the round (loaded in tandem, not horizontally opposed) the object with a higher mass propelled at the same velocity as another object of lesser mass, will conserve more momentum.
I’m not a scholar, but I think the heavier ball would just drag the lighter ball behind it or vice versa? You said heavier ball loaded first, I don’t know how it could overtake the lighter ball and induce rotation. I really like the ideas though. Somebody get ahold of Taofledermaus.
Also, physics is hard...

View: https://youtu.be/M4-L8UgPkOk

So this isn't a thread about food in China? I was going to say 'dont' try them'.

J/K- good thread.

whats that ball weigh?
Its never old when somesees what a roundball does for damage.
as with shotshell theres really no limit other than payload weight and pressure to what you csn stuff in there.

Ball is just under 500 grains

I use a 7/8 ounce wad with the petals trimmed way down and roll crimp in a drill press. Shells also have about 1/4” trimmed off to make the crimp look better.

Load data from Lee says one can go to 50 grains of Blue Dot, but I have never dared to approach that, I stay at 40.

Effect on car bodies at the car shoots was awesome

Back
Top Bottom