12/9/20 - Gun Control First for Biden Executive Orders

Executive Orders can be stopped by a Federal Court. How many times did they step in to stop a Trump EO. Just learn from the Ds to lodge the complaint with a right leaning court to get a win.

I know one thing for darn certain I'm not counting on the NRA to do a damn thing except hand out blank checks to Wayne and Co and send me glossy mailers about 'enter this contest to win a pickup truck and preserve your rights', etc etc. We need to spend out time and energy with other gun rights orgs they seem to be getting the job done.

I know one thing for darn certain I'm not counting on the NRA to do a damn thing except hand out blank checks to Wayne and Co and send me glossy mailers about 'enter this contest to win a pickup truck and preserve your rights', etc etc. We need to spend out time and energy with other gun rights orgs they seem to be getting the job done.

This is particularly important to remember. The Supreme Court can weigh in on these executive orders and deem them unconstitutional. The 2nd Amendment will be protected by the justices for the good of law-abiding gun owners.

That being said, build like CRAZY, grab prebans and other high target items. Just because the laws will protect them does not mean the squeeze won't be put on manufacturers and prices won't go up to Mass Ritard levels
SCOTUS cannot just 'weigh in' as in sua sponte. Someone with standing will have to bring a federal court action which will start in the district court, go to a circuit court, perhaps an en banc circuit court after that, and then maybe to SCOTUS. It's a long process. Just look at the Trump administration's ATF's attempts to reclassify bump stocks. That's still going on.

The 2A litigation pipeline is very, very full. There will be good cases on the SCOTUS docket before any Biden executive actions or orders can see the light of day. It's also unlikely that Biden woiuld be able to do anything that Obama didn't. I am not losing sleep.

2635d043310a193b1c8fcf1cde2cb02c1cd1a700471bd95f7a87e1556c076a08.jpg

Hat tip: Instapundit reader golfhacker

I'm more concerned about the consequences of everyone panic buying than the Biden administration actually succeeding on implemeting any sort of actual gun control given SCOTUS's rulings in recent years
You have walked into or called a gun shop to check on stock and availability. Right?

[rofl]

SCOTUS cannot just 'weigh in' as in sua sponte. Someone with standing will have to bring a federal court action which will start in the district court, go to a circuit court, perhaps an en banc circuit court after that, and then maybe to SCOTUS. It's a long process. Just look at the Trump administration's ATF's attempts to reclassify bump stocks. That's still going on.

The 2A litigation pipeline is very, very full. There will be good cases on the SCOTUS docket before any Biden executive actions or orders can see the light of day. It's also unlikely that Biden woiuld be able to do anything that Obama didn't. I am not losing sleep.

Is there a possibility of someone going to a federal circuit or SCOTUS and getting an injunction which would "stay" an executive order until a court got to examine it?

I realize there's the "cuz guns" doctrine in play, etc. I am also thinking that Shitberg et al would be (ironically) against EOs because they're certainly not permanent and likely far easier to attack, legally. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but a commander child-hairsniffer EO that bans "assault weapons" or tries to turn them into NFA devices would be viewed with some additional derision via the courts vs an actual law being passed which does the same. Unless there's some new anti-2a lobbyist wing which is more extremist than even shitberg is, if thats even possible.

Is there a possibility of someone going to a federal circuit or SCOTUS and getting an injunction which would "stay" an executive order until a court got to examine it?

I realize there's the "cuz guns" doctrine in play, etc. I am also thinking that Shitberg et al would be (ironically) against EOs because they're certainly not permanent and likely far easier to attack, legally. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but a commander child-hairsniffer EO that bans "assault weapons" or tries to turn them into NFA devices would be viewed with some additional derision via the courts vs an actual law being passed which does the same. Unless there's some new anti-2a lobbyist wing which is more extremist than even shitberg is, if thats even possible.
If a party could credibily allege a harm, a stay might be part of the process of challenging the EO or EA. But it would still go through the system. SCOTUS would not have original jurisdiction.

If they're free to cheat openly in elections, there are no more third rails.

Well, yeah, politically, true. Eventually though they do it enough, and the canoe factory is going into warm start mode.... with at least several thousand workers in the
factory. Or possibly the firm that sells wood... there are a lot of pissed off lumberjacks sitting around right now.....

cords.jpg

Let him find out how many are willing to use said guns. Hell, before the year is out I think it would be a hilarious experiment for Trump to tweet out something like "i need 10 million armed patriots in DC tomorrow" and I bet he would get more than asked for. Might scare some commies.

I'm more concerned about the consequences of everyone panic buying than the Biden administration actually succeeding on implemeting any sort of actual gun control given SCOTUS's rulings in recent years

Yup, this, and, even now, I am utterly amazed at the prices that people are paying for even bolt action and lever action rifles on Gunbroker, never mind ammo, etc. I have not seen anything like this and I got a feeling that it is going to get worse with threats/posturing by Biden.

At this point who cares anymore? Even if repubs keep the senate how many would cross party lines to outlaw those scary black rifles. They aren't getting sh*t from me no matter what law they pass. Biden is a toothless old lion with a big mouth and doesn't even know what the day of the week it is. I honestly don't care.
That's the real problem, RINO's=the Swamp

If he even is seated as president it means the rule of law in this country is gone with the wind.
Many will proceed accordingly .
Let's see how many that tried so hard to turn this into a third word shithole enjoy what comes with it.

As am I.....but I suspect Biden is going to be president for less than 12 months based on the fragile physical/mental state that has been observed in media/etc

But lets not fool ourselves....they're gonna throw whatever they want against the wall and wait until the supreme court slaps it down.......

Same thing happened with Obama.....Obama was slapped down by the supreme court more than any other president in modern history.......and the court has moved towards a composition that is more likely to uphold the constitution than any we have seen in many decades

I’ve been saying Biden will make it two years and one day which would allow Harris to finishing his term and then run for two more full terms. Harris was supposed to be the pick until Tulsi shredded her in the debate.

If a party could credibily allege a harm, a stay might be part of the process of challenging the EO or EA. But it would still go through the system. SCOTUS would not have original jurisdiction.
How many of your colleagues are still at work right this minute,
trying to figure out how to gin up more interstate pretexts for controversies
that take the SCOTUS Express Lane?

his plans will be to ”not infringe” legally. He’s going to come in the side door by limiting our ability and choices to get what we want.

He’ll impose taxes on everything. He’s already said he’s going to shut down online sales... which means we have less choices. That means prices go up with less competition. He’ll make it less appealing for manufacturers too. We’ve already seen that ambulance chasers can go after manufacturers. We’ll see more of that which will drive them out of business.

I think the plan is to disrupt the industry through administrative bs..they won’t do anything gets turned into law, they’ll just d*ck us around and make everything harder to get and more expensive..eventually shooting will be the sports of kings once again..

oh..and we should establish mandatory gun autonomous zones..

Last edited:
I just don’t understand how, after losing countless businesses to Covid, that one of your first orders is to try and smother more.

Doesn’t quite compute...

How many of your colleagues are still at work right this minute,
trying to figure out how to gin up more interstate pretexts for controversies
that take the SCOTUS Express Lane?
Colleagues? I'm [semi] retired.

That said, 2A cases don't have an express lane to SCOTUS. They don't have a deadline kind of imperative they way death penalty or election cases do.

Americans want tighter gun control; will Biden and Harris come through?

" Exit polls tell us that most of those voters supported stricter gun laws. According to recent exit polls, 55% of voters nationally said they back tighter gun laws, including 51% of voters in Wisconsin, and 58% of voters in Pennsylvania and Georgia."

One has to dig back to the original FOX News exit poll to find the many States where <50% of voters felt gun laws should be More Strict. As the polls were population weighted, of course CA, NY bias the outcomes.

CA 62%, NY 65%, HI 67% More Strict

AL, AK & AR 41% More Strict

MA 71% and NH 46% More Strict

Neither the Presidential Election nor Civil Rights are a Majority Rule vote.

👍 - I already send them money

How do you reconcile the USSC. . . that super majority of conservatives USSC, I mean. . . . refusing to hear the Penn case??? You need Penn to win this year. And we just lost Penn. So are they being constitutional or not?

Liberals called the SCOTUS COVID/Church case a bellwether of their Conservative lean and Conservatives call the PA/Elections case the sign SCOTUS remains biased Left. It’s really not an all-or-none thing.

That said, gun rights will be maintained by $$$ donations and litigation. At every level, local, state and national. You want more 2ndA? Put a quarter in the meter...

What makes you say that?

Back
Top Bottom