• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

12/9/20 - Gun Control First for Biden Executive Orders

Unpopular opinion about to be voiced here:

Trump lost the election.

Who says he didn't lose the election? Trump and a handful of disingenuous Trump sycophants. Is voter fraud real? Yes it is but not on nearly a large enough scale to have changed the result of this election. Refusing to verify signatures on a few hundred ballots isn't going to swing a district that Trump lost by tens of thousands in his favor let alone upturn an election that he lost by 74 electoral votes.

But how could Trump lose?

He had a perfect crisis in COVID that he bumbled from the get go. Unfortunately, COVID19 is a real global pandemic and compared to the flu is deadlier. At first, he blocked people coming from China which was a brilliant move decried by Liberals as being racist. Imagine he put the country in lockdown right then before any other country. He would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives ( they might have died from other means but they couldn't have claimed COVID) and put egg on the faces of the same Liberals now that are angry that people don't use pieces of porous cotton to protect against a virus so small that it can penetrate an N95 mask.

Instead, he barely mustered a half assed response leading to the infection ballooning to its current completely out of control state. This is right before the vaccines are available on a national level and should have been a badge of success for his operation Warp Speed but he also effed that up. His pathetic personal statements (uv light, drinking bleach, I know as much about disease as the doctors do...etc) were further weakened by him throwing raw meat to his QAnon/Infowars base that the whole thing was a hoax. When he finally got COVID, showing this same base that the disease was in fact real, he could have milked it for all it was worth and won a bunch of sympathy right before the election but he dropped the ball on that one, too.

Trump was awful for the second amendment and to say otherwise means you're blind to the simple facts. His list of antigun accomplishments are a bumpstock ban, calling for the ban on suppressors and the reclassification of braces for ITAR. What has he done for the 2nd amendment? The only thing I can think of was indirect when he installed two justices. Arguably, what any Republican would have done in his place.

Will Biden go after our second amendment?

Absolutely and we should do everything we can to fight to preserve it. These things include demonstrating, donating to real orgs like GOAL and Comm2A and finding and supporting a solid leader for our next president with a bona fide gun rights past, not a reality TV huckster from New York City with a CCW as his credentials in spite of multiple public statements supporting an AWB and mag capacity limits. This is how I believe we can ensure Biden has his one term and fails at passing any gun control. Rallying behind a pyramid scheme peddler who lost handedly to a half brain dead, serial kid stroker isn't going to further our cause. /Rant off and flame away

I am paying attention. I don’t think that it does the situation any good to incite more alarmist rhetoric like, THE LIBS ARE GUNNA DO A PURGE AND CANCEL ALL ELECTIONS.

That’s rediculous. We can agree that their policies are shit and their virtue signaling is grotesque but that doesn’t make them any more capable of pulling off something that will fundemrentally, and broadly sweeping across the entire nation, uproot hundreds of years of American tradition.

theyll continue trying to steal elections, that’s what they do. I’m not making excuses I’m just saying when you shout a bunch of alarmist rhetoric, you at best rile up like minded people and at worst alienate people who were on the fence.

I want to win people to our side but showing how sensible and practical our solutions are and how they can greatly benefit anyone who participates in a society that espouses those virtues.

You’re allowing your emotions to dictate your words. We need to rise above that otherwise we are slaves to circumstance and biology when we are infinity better than that.

You're not paying much attention.

The radical left wing has ALREADY been talking about a purge - and they've been talking about it for a while. They've also been talking about cancelling elections - at least for the "deplorables".

It's not like they're hiding what they want to do.

And as far as Martin Armstrong goes - what he does is forecast the trend of things, and he bases that on PAST BEHAVIOR of people across thousands of years and thousands of historical events that include political as well as economic events. So when I see him making a prognostication that they might well just cancel elections outright - I believe him.

Given the level of cheating that has gone on - for all practical purposes the elections HAVE ALREADY BEEN CANCELLED. Since it seems like the slow crowd can't seem to figure out what I mean by this - think of it this way: You signed up to go race your car down at the race track, 20 other people also showed up. Everybody's car passed tech inspection, everybody understood the rules and obeyed them - so you all thought it was good. It was a 24 hour race. At the 18 hour mark - you were winning. You were 3 laps up on everybody else - and historical precedent showed that it was about 99.99% certain that the race was in the bag. Then , in the middle of the night - a helicopter picked up one of the guys at the back of the pack - and whizzed him around the track 50 times and then dumped him back down a few laps in front of you.

Before the race was over - everybody in charge was already cheering that this guy had won. When you complained - Antifah showed up and threatened to burn your house down.

Everybody knew that the race was fixed and fraudulent. In effect - THERE WAS NO RACE. It was all a con job.

That's where we are now. There are no REAL elections any more. Every single one of them MUST be under suspicion from this point forward. The stupid dolts who want to sing Kumbayah and tell us that everything is good - need to be kicked in the nuts and told to STFU.

Unpopular opinion about to be voiced here:

Trump lost the election.

Who says he didn't lose the election? Trump and a handful of disingenuous Trump sycophants. Is voter fraud real? Yes it is but not on nearly a large enough scale to have changed the result of this election. Refusing to verify signatures on a few hundred ballots isn't going to swing a district that Trump lost by tens of thousands in his favor let alone upturn an election that he lost by 74 electoral votes.

But how could Trump lose?

He had a perfect crisis in COVID that he bumbled from the get go. Unfortunately, COVID19 is a real global pandemic and compared to the flu is deadlier. At first, he blocked people coming from China which was a brilliant move decried by Liberals as being racist. Imagine he put the country in lockdown right then before any other country. He would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives ( they might have died from other means but they couldn't have claimed COVID) and put egg on the faces of the same Liberals now that are angry that people don't use pieces of porous cotton to protect against a virus so small that it can penetrate an N95 mask.

Instead, he barely mustered a half assed response leading to the infection ballooning to its current completely out of control state. This is right before the vaccines are available on a national level and should have been a badge of success for his operation Warp Speed but he also effed that up. His pathetic personal statements (uv light, drinking bleach, I know as much about disease as the doctors do...etc) were further weakened by him throwing raw meat to his QAnon/Infowars base that the whole thing was a hoax. When he finally got COVID, showing this same base that the disease was in fact real, he could have milked it for all it was worth and won a bunch of sympathy right before the election but he dropped the ball on that one, too.

Trump was awful for the second amendment and to say otherwise means you're blind to the simple facts. His list of antigun accomplishments are a bumpstock ban, calling for the ban on suppressors and the reclassification of braces for ITAR. What has he done for the 2nd amendment? The only thing I can think of was indirect when he installed two justices. Arguably, what any Republican would have done in his place.

Will Biden go after our second amendment?

Absolutely and we should do everything we can to fight to preserve it. These things include demonstrating, donating to real orgs like GOAL and Comm2A and finding and supporting a solid leader for our next president with a bona fide gun rights past, not a reality TV huckster from New York City with a CCW as his credentials in spite of multiple public statements supporting an AWB and mag capacity limits. This is how I believe we can ensure Biden has his one term and fails at passing any gun control. Rallying behind a pyramid scheme peddler who lost handedly to a half brain dead, serial kid stroker isn't going to further our cause. /Rant off and flame away

That's a nice theory that you have there - but unfortunately , entirely aside from the assertion that it's only in the fevered dreams of Trump sycophants there's plenty of anecdotal evidence as well as "theoretical" analysis that has been done on the end results of the "voting" - that all point to something being massively wrong with the way the vote went down.

And as far as the assertion that Trump screwed up by not locking down the country - and therefore this is all his fault............ first off - we don't live in a federal dictatorship. The level of Cornholeya virus cases has varied widely around the country - so when you combine those two things together what you get is that it's a state by state issue on whether to lock down or not. The fact that your go-to statement is that Trump is at fault for this not only is wrong on the facts - but it reveals you as somebody who simply doesn't believe in the way government power is structured in this country -which to be blunt about it: makes YOU a domestic enemy.

As you pointed out: Trump banned travel from China. That is something that I believe IS within his purview - and he took massive amounts of shit for it.

Last time I checked - Trump got Covid and was recovered in what - like a week? So you're advocating he should have done what - made himself really really sick and played it for sympathy points?

Lastly: lockdowns don't "solve" pandemics. They keep locking us down - the economy is spiraling into the ground , people are suiciding themselves over lockdown related issues - and yet the virus is still here. There's been plenty of medical experts who have pointed out that a lockdown doesn't stop a virus from spreading thru the population. The lockdowns have caused people to not go to doctors for real health issues - etc.

Then there's the assertions that people are getting their cause of death marked "Covid" - even though it was likely something else. The AVERAGE age of virus victims - is 81 years old. This is freely admitted in the MSM. Furthermore - there have been several analysis done of the current death rate - and what they found was NO INCREASE over 'normal' amount of deaths.

All of these things point to ..... at least for anybody who has the mental capacity to actually think things thru - some real suspicion about what is really going on.

But don't bother to look any of this up - winter is here and I hear that paranoia keeps you warm.

I'm pretty sure anecdotal evidence is an oxymoron. Given how retarded everyone in the country is, I find it entirely implausible there is an election conspiracy. In every network, the weakest link is always human. There's no chance there is a widespread conspiracy without any evidence for it surfacing. Cal I hope your dad isn't a lawyer otherwise your inheritance is going to suck

Is voter fraud real? Yes it is but not on nearly a large enough scale to have changed the result of this election.
If fraud is not being properly investigated and prosecuted, all we have is the above mindset to rely upon. You sound like a wife who gets beaten but rationalizes it by saying, "I didn't have to go to the hospital so it's not a big deal."

If fraud is not being properly investigated and prosecuted, all we have is the above mindset to rely upon. You sound like a wife who gets beaten but rationalizes it by saying, "I didn't have to go to the hospital so it's not a big deal."

Wait a sec. Wife beating is off the table now? When did THIS happen?!

Hi Cals,

Let's delve into this shall we? Are you speaking about the study that compared 2018 deaths with 2020 deaths? Cause that study was ripped apart during peer review.

John Hopkins article doing so: Public health experts and biostatisticians weigh in on "COVID-19 Deaths: A Look at U.S. Data" webinar

And here's a great quote from it explaining why it was so flawed:

“2018 was a bad flu year, so she is comparing with a year that we already had some excess mortality. 2020 peaks in deaths are far higher than pretty much every other year,” he wrote. “Also, she makes a logical error in focusing only on the [2018 peak]. If you look at the CDC site you will notice [deaths in] 2018 exceeds the seasonally adjusted average for only 6 weeks, but [deaths in] 2020 exceeds the seasonal average for every week since March 28, 2020.”

Sorry, it's fine to block travel from China but traitorous to block it from t rest of the world?! How does that make any sense? Of course it wouldn't be permanent it would just be until the vaccine was rolled out. Think of the economic advantage the US would have had not having had to deal with a pandemic and never going into lockdown domestically...

Speaking of which, Trump supporting gun rights activists sound like beaten wives every time they defend him screwing over the 2nd amendment.

And the rhetoric continues:

The Gun-Rights Movement Fed America’s Insurrectionist Fever Dreams (msn.com)

....With arguments like these, the gun-rights movement cleared the path for insurrection. It blew a hole in the rule of law—and Donald Trump’s would-be soldiers clamored through it. And then scaled the walls of Congress....

.... What our armed insurrectionists ask for—what they have unwittingly sown—is destruction of the rule of law. This is of course deeply ironic, since gun-rights advocates insist that they represent, and bolster, law and order. They’ve never understood that men with assault rifles slung over camouflaged shoulders are the avatar of lawlessness.

Gun-rights extremists have thus lived in a fantasy world of looming insurrection, which politicians have happily cultivated when it has suited them. But such rhetoric is not idle; it is not without cost—as we saw last week. We are now learning that many who rampaged through the Capitol belong to radical gun-rights groups, and were motivated by longtime warnings of tyranny.

This year has revealed all too well what insurrectionist fever dreams bring: In the spring, they delivered mobs who occupied state capitols and threatened legislators; in the summer, they led to dead protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and Portland, Oregon; now they have wrought death and destruction in Congress. The gun-rights movement deserves a reckoning for this. Our leaders should do everything in their power to enact laws that ensure peaceful protest. We must ban assault rifles and open carry. Their legality is premised on ideas that are inimical to democracy itself.

Editorial: Planned protests by armed extremists should make states rethink their gun laws (msn.com)
The LA Times
Editorial: Planned protests by armed extremists should make states rethink their gun laws
..... After the assassinations of the Kennedy brothers and Martin Luther King Jr. (and the self-arming of the Black Panthers in Oakland) in the 1960s, the nation began embracing practical approaches to who can own guns, who can carry them and where. But under pressure from the gun lobby and enthusiasts, states began some three decades ago to roll back many of those restrictions. And as the National Rifle Assn. turned from a gun-safety organization into an advocate of an extreme and hardline view of the 2nd Amendment, we saw the rise of the narrative that individuals needed to own firearms to protect themselves — not just from crime, but also from a tyrannical government.

Now we live with the results. Armed extremists are carrying firearms to political protests around the country, entering legislatures with them as an act of intimidation, bellowing conspiracy theories and claiming that the good people of the United states must rise up and defend the homeland against government tyranny in the form of a democratically elected president.

States must reject this romanticized notion that somehow the open carrying of firearms makes us a safer society, and policymakers must act as if public safety matters more than gun zealots' warped view of the Constitution. We know tyranny when we see it, and it’s not when the government tries to slow the spread of a deadly disease or honor the will of the voters.

This story originally appeared in Los Angeles Times.

Back
Top Bottom